X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    That's a bit of stretch, IMHO. BC loses some recruits to other top programs just as all top programs lose some kids. No program wins every kid they might want. Additionally, there are plenty of good players BC can't pick for academic reasons, or because some players may not pick a Catholic school, or a city school, or any number of other reasons.

That BC is a successful program is a tribute to the hard working players and coaches who have built that program to be the best in America over the last decade. They deserve every honor they've earned, and if they have a recruiting advantage, it's because they've earned it.
    Agreed.

Virtually none though are rejected for academics. Thats a stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
      J.D., are you asking if someone has signed? Or has someone signed and you are waiting for BC to make the announcement?
      Hokydad was fairly certain that a key cog from last year's team has/would be signing (I thought he said by the end of this week, but now I'm not sure because his posts on the subject were deleted)

Comment

"Maybe they have a couple walk ons lined up but I think we are discussing recruited players, not depth/fillers. Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so. If another MacGregor is heading there, great. There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call" (Quote)

That is what I said. Didnt say for sure, said probably.

One did leave, other from what I hear has said no to offer and is staying at the heights. Good for BC>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          "Maybe they have a couple walk ons lined up but I think we are discussing recruited players, not depth/fillers. Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so. If another MacGregor is heading there, great. There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call" (Quote)

That is what I said. Didnt say for sure, said probably.

One did leave, other from what I hear has said no to offer and is staying at the heights. Good for BC>>>>>
          You: They will say soon enough.

Me: typical response

Your rep to me after this exchange:

"a fact.... one transferring, one signing."

I rest my case. You're a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Hokydad was fairly certain that a key cog from last year's team has/would be signing (I thought he said by the end of this week, but now I'm not sure because his posts on the subject were deleted)
            HAHAHAHA

By the way, can we just say who the player was supposed to be at this point? Does it matter now that they're staying? I'm pretty sure the BC community would like to know who chose another year on the Heights over a professional contract.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              HAHAHAHA

By the way, can we just say who the player was supposed to be at this point? Does it matter now that they're staying? I'm pretty sure the BC community would like to know who chose another year on the Heights over a professional contract.
              I don't have a problem with it as long as he stays

Comment

It probably wasn't even a player but a coach.

Comment

Hokydad, why don't you reveal who you said would be leaving? After all, you said it was a fact.

Comment

It was a fact but as Rick Pitino famously said, "I reserve the right to change my mind"

Go BC....

Comment

Thanks for the reps but I should clarify - I knew who the player was, I was wondering if we should post it HERE for the ones who don't know... haha

Although given the number of reps I got I think 99% of us know anyway.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Kenny, the point is they DIDN'T play in the FF like they did against Maine or like they did against Yale. They played at an amazing level. You'll never get me to admit that it's not ok to have concerns after you give up 6 goals in a HE title game and 7 in a regional final.
                        The point is they scored 5 or more goals in 15 games this year and were 15-0 in those games. You can have all the concerns you want, I took solace in the precedent set all season. And what do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Thanks for the reps but I should clarify - I knew who the player was, I was wondering if we should post it HERE for the ones who don't know... haha

Although given the number of reps I got I think 99% of us know anyway.
                          exactly MR MIDFAIRFIELD.....

Go Blues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            The point is they scored 5 or more goals in 15 games this year and were 15-0 in those games. You can have all the concerns you want, I took solace in the precedent set all season. And what do you know?
                            Nostrakenny

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            It was a fact but as Rick Pitino famously said, "I reserve the right to change my mind"

Go BC...
                            Such a fraud. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Comment

Such a fraud. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?[/QUOTE]

Could care less if you do. Matter of fact, hope you dont

Comment

I for one think hokydad is a riot.

Who else would call me a "maggot", "piece of ****", and a "big mouth"... and who could forget when he called me a "fool" for the 80th time?

I stopped taking him seriously when he started posting about buying Warsofsky's jersey so he could give it back to him. That was a priceless moment on the board.

hokydad, have you ever contemplated starting your own blog with all of this insider information?
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X