X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    HC at Providence or York's top assistant at BC? I think it's a no brainer.
    In that he'd be much better off as York's assistant, we agree.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I thought it was a little ostentatious of BU last year to throw themselves a parade.

2008, BC has a celebration, no parade. 2009, BU throws a parade. 2010, BC suddenly has one too.

Surprised York green-lighted that.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        I thought it was a little ostentatious of BU last year to throw themselves a parade.

2008, BC has a celebration, no parade. 2009, BU throws a parade. 2010, BC suddenly has one too.

yeah, we got to listen to Gene in 2008, how stimulating. I thought what BU did last year was great actually..................speaking of which, any one know if they will allow parking in the garage this afternoon for the event? i am headed there but have no clue what to expect as far as what to do with my car. thanks in advance if anyone knows

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post

Anyhow, anyone who questions the class York has can no look further than when he told his team to stop celebrating their huge third goal vs. Wisco when he noticed Stepan was hurt. Very impressive and it shows how much the kids listen when he says stop and they all actually stop.
          *Begin ******** UNH hillbilly rant*

But but but but but.... he allowed Pat Eaves to play for his team and he speared someone. And then a stupid goalie had the audacity to run headfirst into his knee... he's a murderer!!!! And what about Gionta and Gerbe. Oh those small guys that score less than 30 goals are sweeties, but those guys that win national titles and score 60 pts a season... they are all dirty!!!!! Jerry is the devil!!!! RS titles forever!

*End ******** UNH hillbilly rant*

Sorry, just wanted to act like a dumb hillbilly for a few seconds.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            *Begin ******** UNH hillbilly rant*

But but but but but.... he allowed Pat Eaves to play for his team and he speared someone. And then a stupid goalie had the audacity to run headfirst into his knee... he's a murderer!!!! And what about Gionta and Gerbe. Oh those small guys that score less than 30 goals are sweeties, but those guys that win national titles and score 60 pts a season... they are all dirty!!!!! Jerry is the devil!!!! RS titles forever!

*End ******** UNH hillbilly rant*

Sorry, just wanted to act like a dumb hillbilly for a few seconds.
            A few seconds???? Don't sell yourself short.

Congrats to BC, amazing run, and a parade is totally justified.

York is a helluva coach, and the team is loaded. The scary part is the number of freshman that will be around for a while.

I gotta think Muse leaves thought, but Milner is clearly a capable goalie so it really doesn't matter either way. Atkinson was amazing on the 1st goal......any chance he leaves?
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Massarotti writes, "isn’t it time that York get more attention for being one of the greatest college coaches, in any sport, of all time?"

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...masterful.html
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I too was surprised at the parade idea. We'll see how it goes...

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                yeah, we got to listen to Gene in 2008, how stimulating.
                haha, I remember Gene staring at his shoes the whole time...thought he fell asleep

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                I gotta think Muse leaves thought, but Milner is clearly a capable goalie so it really doesn't matter either way. Atkinson was amazing on the 1st goal......any chance he leaves?
                If they haven't left already, that means they're staying!!!

Muse doesn't have stats that stick out at you like a Brad Thiessen from last year. I'm not sure what his pro potential is, but I still expect him to be back next year. If he puts up great numbers he may be in line for something after next year.

Atkinson was drafted by Columbus, but I'd expect him to be back as well.

Comment

Another note, BC has now jumped a couple programs with three national titles and IMO enter an "elite" level all-time:

1. Michigan (9)
                  t2. Denver (7)
                  t2. North Dakota (7)
                  4. Wisconsin (6)
                  t5. Minnesota (5)
                  t5. BU (5)
                  7. BC (4)

Comment

Massarotti writes, "isn’t it time that York get more attention for being one of the greatest college coaches, in any sport, of all time?"

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...masterful.html
                    yeah, but he HATES BC ................i heard him and his buddy Felger have a hate fest last week on 98.5 . After listening to Felger, i think there isn't a person on the planet who hates BC more than he does, moron

Comment

Great interview with Jerry York on 850AM

Comment

Another note, BC has now jumped a couple programs with three national titles and IMO enter an "elite" level all-time:

1. Michigan (9)
                        t2. Denver (7)
                        t2. North Dakota (7)
                        4. Wisconsin (6)
                        t5. Minnesota (5)
                        t5. BU (5)
                        7. BC (4)
                        we need another one badly

Comment

just called the school and the Beacon St garage will open at 4 for those interested in going

Comment

speaking of bc freshman, hey chris mccarthy.. eat your heart out
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              speaking of bc freshman, hey chris mccarthy.. eat your heart out
                              lol

Comment

If they haven't left already, that means they're staying!!!

Muse doesn't have stats that stick out at you like a Brad Thiessen from last year. I'm not sure what his pro potential is, but I still expect him to be back next year. If he puts up great numbers he may be in line for something after next year.

Atkinson was drafted by Columbus, but I'd expect him to be back as well.

You didn't happen to read Nyquist stating he will be back did you.......
                                Besides the pro's give it a few days before they start announcing.......We'll talk at the end of the week

Muse's numbers don't stack up to say Thiessen, but I think his stock is almost as high as it can get. There is certainly more risk then reward if he returns for another year regarding his pro career.

Atkinson is still only a Soph. so I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around, but he impresses me the most by far. He's like Nyquist, in that I secretly wish they would bolt for the pro's, but they are so fun to watch....
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X