X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Why, Nick? First of all, what's a pickle puffer? You actually looked up his posts? I don't have time for that . . . I mean, I chuckled at the pickle puffer thing, but was the rest of the post really necessary? And the cattle are almost a mile away from the Whit.

ha.. backwards much? i think pointing out his obsession with bc posters is more appropriate and necessary than calling him a pickle puffer... but that is just me. not that i didnt laugh as well.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Someone on EA recently posted that the person expected to leave has had a change of heart and is now staying.
      must have been hokydad

Comment

Someone on EA recently posted that the person expected to leave has had a change of heart and is now staying.
        yeah, just saw that. well, who ever it is, if he's staying i don't need to know

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          yeah, just saw that. well, who ever it is, if he's staying i don't need to know
          have you looked at your rep lately

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            have you looked at your rep lately
            well, i'll call a spade a spade i'm a dummy. ........never new what it was to be honest but lo and behold i managed to figure out where it is and i did check it. ..........now i'll go climb back in my cave
            Last edited by sterlippo1; 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

sleepy thread.............a post on eagleaction said we should know this weekend who is going to stay or leave. I hope it will be quiet at The Heights and there will be none. I am so looking forward to next year with ALL of them returning and if that's so it may be a year where the team is good from the start with little or no blips...........come to think of it, that was ALMOST the case last year with only the 5 out of 7 losses in that one stretch IMO it was actually during that stretch that the team started to gel and i point to the midpoint of Fenway game particularly not that you can actually say any specific time was that point

Comment

I am so looking forward to next year with ALL of them returning and if that's so it may be a year where the team is good from the start with little or no blips
                To be honest, I never expect it. BC rarely runs through a regular season and dominates, especially in respect to how much talent they have had on a lot of these underachieving teams in the York era. It's part of the process that makes them so good in March and April. It's taken a long time to deal with it as a fan and it's still a pain, but I'm learning not to sweat it out too much.

i point to the midpoint of Fenway game particularly not that you can actually say any specific time was that point
                That Fenway game sucked. Their effort was not good and they knew it and I certainly harped on it for several weeks until the Piszpot. I think it was a good mental motivator the rest of the way for these guys.

We'll see what happens with departures. They'll be there in March and April regardless IMO. Before that, I just think York knows how to get them ready for the postseason and that means some sacrificing in the regular season.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Wisconsin schedule was released. BC is not on it.

So we're back to:

27 league games
                  2 @Denver
                  2 GLI
                  2 Beanpot
                  Harvard

That's 34. BC played 36 games (no exibitions) in 2007-2008. Is that what we expect here? If not and this is it or the other 1-2 games are exhibitions, the home schedule will somehow be even worse than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Wisconsin schedule was released. BC is not on it.

So we're back to:

27 league games
                    2 @Denver
                    2 GLI
                    2 Beanpot
                    Harvard

That's 34. BC played 36 games (no exibitions) in 2007-2008. Is that what we expect here? If not and this is it or the other 1-2 games are exhibitions, the home schedule will somehow be even worse than last year.
                    BC needs to get Miami on the schedule. Considering the recent history, I'd love to see the 'Hawks come to Conte for a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                      BC needs to get Miami on the schedule. Considering the recent history, I'd love to see the 'Hawks come to Conte for a weekend.
                      that's the same as what the miami fans have been saying about us on their thread , really wanting us out there for 2 games. we can see what the "pizpot" does as far as limiting our out of conference games so that we arent able to cultivate a rivalry outside the league or at the minumum getting to play these western teams especially at home where we get to see very little

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Papagiorgio;4781938]To be honest, I never expect it. BC rarely runs through a regular season and dominates, especially in respect to how much talent they have had on a lot of these underachieving teams in the York era. It's part of the process that makes them so good in March and April. It's taken a long time to deal with it as a fan and it's still a pain, but I'm learning not to sweat it out too much.

good points and it helps our psyche to know that no matter how mediocre they are playing during the season, we always have that ray of hope that Jerry will figure it out and he usually does.......

Comment

Along those lines, I did a little research. Went back to the 2001 BC team...they won HE by seven points. The only other team to win by that margin since was the '08 UNH team.

Doesn't mean much, but that's why the 2001 team was the best to come through here. They were the most consistent team from start to finish. They won everything (well except the GLI )

Comment

we can see what the "pizpot" does as far as limiting our out of conference games so that we arent able to cultivate a rivalry outside the league or at the minumum getting to play these western teams especially at home where we get to see very little
                            Honestly I think playing Harvard every year when we play them so often in the Beanpot is the bigger headache.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Honestly I think playing Harvard every year when we play them so often in the Beanpot is the bigger headache.
                              didn't think of that but yeah absolutely....that game doesn't generate much excitement...........even for us

Comment

that harvard thanksgiving game is always one of the biggest sellers. i have to imagine the discounted tickets helps, but they do that for other games and it doesnt draw as well as that one consistently does.

i agree that playing harvard at all is boring. so you can imagine how i feel about getting them twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X