X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Thought this was worth posting:

http://www.bcheights.com/mobile/news...orts-1.1470645

The MBTA failed to “present an unbiased investigation of the facts,” University Spokesman Jack Dunn said. “As a result of our discussions with the students, we have serious concerns about the MBTA’s seemingly deliberate campaign to assign full blame for this unfortunate incident on our students,” Dunn said.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Gee... the MBTA screwing up... I just don't believe it.

IMO, the worst part of the whole thing was the chief of the transit police standing in Kenmore Square with all the tv cameras in front of him calling every single kid in that car "wreckless" among other things. I truly hope the BC administration and perhaps all of the parties involved in this get a public apology from that gutless turd and look to get him a reprimand of some sort to go on his record.

What I really want to know is whether that trolley operator really hit the brakes when they were 100 yards out. If they did, that train should have never gone into that intersection, let alone at 30 mph.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Good point. It's ok to do this now, but when the NU students make fun of BU kids getting hit by a train, the world is coming to an end. The hypocrisy is one that has come to define the word fanboy.
        ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NUx66ZEDjnQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NUx66ZEDjnQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Far be it from me to interrupt a good ol' BU-BC flamefest in the offseason, but I think getting killed by a freight train and being mocked for that is a little different than cf06's lame attempt at a flame (or stellar attempt to start a flamefest depending on how you look at it) - YMMV. That said, glad to see you got him in the red. Nice job!
          I think the point is... they are both ridiculously stupid.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

well well well.. bu kids suspended for drinking during the postseason. i guess we wont be seeing collegefan back here anytime soon.

i guess the old saying holds true... fanboys in glass houses shouldn't throw glowsticks
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I agree the T was trying to make it sound like the driver was drunk.

This, I'm not sure about.
              "traffic on Commonwealth Avenue prevented them from completing the turn before they were struck by the trolley.”

So, at 12 midnight, it took longer for the T to go 100 yd than for the car to find an opening for turning left?

The T doesn't like BC. You have to take that likely bias into account. But you also have to take into account that the Heights is the Heights and Dunn is a professional spinmeister.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I said on EA that, while I don't condone the underage drinking, I found it very curious that there was no blame on the part of the T operator. 100 yards @ 30mph is about 7 seconds to hit the brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                  I said on EA that, while I don't condone the underage drinking, I found it very curious that there was no blame on the part of the T operator. 100 yards @ 30mph is about 7 seconds to hit the brakes.
                  i thought it odd from the start....a whole football field length to stop a trolley going 30 MPH. what about BC's contention or inference that the 3 werent actually "running from the scene" but rather going to st elizabeth's

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    i thought it odd from the start....a whole football field length to stop a trolley going 30 MPH. what about BC's contention or inference that the 3 werent actually "running from the scene" but rather going to st elizabeth's
                    we've all been on trains that see cars ahead... they generally keep moving but hit the bell - assuming i suppose that the car is going to move

i said millions of times that i could plausibly quit working and make a better living driving around MA and letting people hit me, then just cash those insurance checks from their auto companies for years and years.

i also wouldn't put it past some sick bastage T operators who see a load of kids where they shouldn't be and give them a hit because he can blame them. public servant probably got some paid time off after his stressful shift.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      The T doesn't like BC. You have to take that likely bias into account. But you also have to take into account that the Heights is the Heights and Dunn is a professional spinmeister.
                      Three sides to every story, the first party's side, the second party's side, and the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        we've all been on trains that see cars ahead... they generally keep moving but hit the bell - assuming i suppose that the car is going to move

i said millions of times that i could plausibly quit working and make a better living driving around MA and letting people hit me, then just cash those insurance checks from their auto companies for years and years.

i also wouldn't put it past some sick bastage T operators who see a load of kids where they shouldn't be and give them a hit because he can blame them. public servant probably got some paid time off after his stressful shift.
                        being a citizen of the great state of Massachusetts, i get what ya saying...........but you used the dreaded A word, "assuming the car is going to move" i'm thinking that a driver for the T can't do that

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          being a citizen of the great state of Massachusetts, i get what ya saying...........but you used the dreaded A word, "assuming the car is going to move" i'm thinking that a driver for the T can't do that
                          i've been on zillions of trains when the don't stop, but instead take the foot off the gas -- again, waiting for the car to move

and hey, they have schedules to keep on the B line!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            and hey, they have schedules to keep on the B line!
                            Yeah, and they can't keep 'em because of the kids on your end!
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              well well well.. bu kids suspended for drinking during the postseason. i guess we wont be seeing collegefan back here anytime soon.

i guess the old saying holds true... fanboys in glass houses shouldn't throw glowsticks
                              Steve, I'm not afraid to show myself here.

Yes I was having some fun with the Freshmen 3 getting caught in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

The Terrier 4 is a different thing....out drinking 2 days before the HE Finals represents total disrespect to the Terrier program and their teammates. I hope Parker deals severely with this and if others surface as this comes out I hope he deals with them the same way.

An off season night of fun gone a bit out of control is funny more than anything else and I was poking fun. The Terrier incident is wrong, just wrong and the consequences are deserved.
                              Last edited by collegefan06; 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                                An off season night of fun gone a bit out of control is funny more than anything else and I was poking fun.
                                Oh yea, it's real funny that a few kids almost got killed, several had concussions, the jaws of life were needed to retrieve people from the jeep, and one girl got her face mangled.

You must have one hell of a sense of humor.

Kill yourself.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X