• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
    This post made my day.
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot.
    Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post

And go read your posts; you actually said, "Just because she's not drunk doesn't mean she's not sober," or something to that affect. Huh?
    Someone negative repped me the other day this and I thought I would pass it along to you guys :

"is it really that hard to read thoroughly...."

It applies as I have already address that part numerous times as some of the other posters were having a hard time with it as well. It would behoove you to try and read more then just the last page on a thread if something doesn't seem to make sense.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    truly and i stay/shy away from ever getting into any sort of confrontation here but jcarter, will you please go away?
    You know what. Because you said please, I am going to leave this issue alone. I have said my peace and time will tell if I am correct. Go away....well at least as long as this is the topic at hand.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

"He doesn't even go here!"
      Originally posted by state of hockey
      Tecate tonight. Haha!
      Ugh. That was a bad idea.
      Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Originally posted by WildKitty View Post
        Good grief, how many people were there in that vehicle??? Four to B&W, at least 2 to St Mary's, at least one (I think it was 2?) on campus... In a Cherokee? Squashy!!!
        Honestly, this confused me, too. It seemed like it was the 3 hockey players and then 5 girls from the police report... making for 8 people squished into a 5 person vehicle.

At any rate, very glad no one was seriously hurt it appears. The punishment for these players will be appropriate, I'm sure.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Posting so late based on an article I had to strain to read, even zoomed, was a bad idea!
          Here's how I understood the breakdown of passengers in the Grand Cherokee:

*Jane Stanton, operator, admitted to Brigham and Women's
          *Patrick Wey, front passenger, admitted to Brigham and Women's
          *Tina Delandry, rear driver's side passenger, treated (and released?) at Beth Israel
          *Philip Samuelsson, rear curb side passenger, admitted to Beth Israel for observation
          *Reilly Corbett, fled scene, treated at St. Elizabeth (where did I get St Mary???)
          *Parker Milner, fled scene, treated at St. Elizabeth
          *Elizabeth Motley, fled scene treated at St. Elizabeth
          *Jessica Coofield, fled scene, found on campus by campus police.

Fire had to use the Jaws of Life to extract front and rear passengers, which leads me to wonder how four people were able to flee the scene - perhaps out the rear hatch? Maybe the alcohol WAS in the back, and it fell out when kids got out?

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
          When all occupants are underage, you are not even allowed to carry alcohol anywhere except the trunk (or in an SUV, behind the last row of forward facing seats).
          I don't know if MA state law is different from New Hampshire, but up here in hillbilly country, NO under-aged driver is allowed to transport alcohol EVEN IN THE TRUNK, without a passenger, of age and related to the driver, in the front seat. At least, that's as of 1999, when I last read the driver's manual. Somehow I doubt laws have gotten more lenient...
          Last edited by WildKitty; 04-27-2010, 09:37 AM.
          Tecate tonight. Haha!
          Ugh. That was a bad idea.
          Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            Natural Ice and Rubinoff Vodka? Not very "collar up!"

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...e%20report.pdf
            Yeah no kidding. What is the world coming up to when the collar ups have to resort to drinking such pedestrian swill.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
              Yeah no kidding. What is the world coming up to when the collar ups have to resort to drinking such pedestrian swill.

thats trailer park white trash swill

Comment

To change the subject up a bit... if a kid is going to leave college early, when does this normally occur? Right after HIS season ends? Right after the NHL team's season ends? Right after the NHL Draft? August? I know it changes from case to case, but generally, what's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                  To change the subject up a bit... if a kid is going to leave college early, when does this normally occur? Right after HIS season ends? Right after the NHL team's season ends? Right after the NHL Draft? August? I know it changes from case to case, but generally, what's the deal?
                  It depends, the rarest instance is a guy leaving mid-season. (Kyle Okposo)

Usually guys leave right after the college season to acclimate themselves to the pro game on an ATO. (Amateur Try-Out)

And sometimes they leave during the summer.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKitty View Post
                    Here's how I understood the breakdown of passengers in the Grand Cherokee:

*Jane Stanton, operator, admitted to Brigham and Women's
                    *Patrick Wey, front passenger, admitted to Brigham and Women's
                    *Tina Delandry, rear driver's side passenger, treated (and released?) at Beth Israel
                    *Philip Samuelsson, rear curb side passenger, admitted to Beth Israel for observation
                    *Reilly Corbett, fled scene, treated at St. Elizabeth (where did I get St Mary???)
                    *Parker Milner, fled scene, treated at St. Elizabeth
                    *Elizabeth Motley, fled scene treated at St. Elizabeth
                    *Jessica Coofield, fled scene, found on campus by campus police.
                    Were they wearing clown suits? That's an awful lot of people packed into one SUV. No wonder the driver couldn't see....

Comment

Do we know Reilly's gender yet? This is really bothering me.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        If Rielly is female, that would mean that Milner was in the back crammed in there with four women, correct?

Comment

Am really glad no one was hurt in this mess. Kids do stupid chit, just be glad when its over and no one causes bodily harm to themselves or others. So, what do we learn from this? A few suggestions:

1) Trollies have the right of way....always
                          2) Best to pick ur designated driver who is smarter than the bottle from which you are drinking
                          3) Stop, look left and turn right works most of the time. Stop, look right and turn left is not good
                          4) Objects in your left window are closer than they appear
                          5) It is not always good to egg on the driver (the sober one hopefully) to do something really dumb
                          6) Milner may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound but he is not able to stop locomotives with his bare hands nor run faster than a speeding bullet (apparently)
                          7) According to reliable, local sources, PEaves was actually driving the trolley, not the automobile as was originally feared, and yes, it was in reverse as eyewitnesses claim.
                          8) Had a useful course, such as physics, been taught at BC, the driver would know instantly that the trolley has much more mass than Daddy's SUV...end of story.
                          Last edited by acs64; 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            That would be a "she" and a fast runner, at that
                            http://www.coolrunning.com/results/0...woo_set1.shtml
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

or you can just look in the police report, creepers

While awaiting the arrival of the Crime Scene Unit, I was flagged down by a male party, later identified as a Mr. Frank Golden III. Mr. Golden was inquiring as to the condition of a female party, later identified as a Ms. Reilly Corbett
                              btw. he got his girlfriend busted

Having not heard of Ms. Corbett prior to talking to Mr. Golden, I asked Mr. Golden if there was any way to contact Ms. Corbett. Mr. Golden then dialed Ms. Corbett's cell phone. At that time, one of the cell phones that had previously been handed to me hy Officer Roberto, began to ring
                              Last edited by SteveF; 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                btw. he got his girlfriend busted
                                Ouch. Can't outrun a cellphone....

Comment

Working...
                                X