X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    If Gerbe is on the Sabres roster, it would be really really fanboyish to include him in a puck drop with the BC captains.
    FYP
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      FYP
      *****http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        *****http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******
        Tipsy did you get another banner to raise while in Detroit? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

You guys know if anybody on BC going pro early? Please say Kreider and Atkinson .

Not that it matters since Jerry seems to reload rather than rebuild.

BU's roster is looking pretty thin with C Cohen, Bonino, and Shattenkirk all jumping ship. Some good recruits coming in though.

You know...I root against BC b/c I'm a BU guy and make no apologies for that. BUT...as a huge fan of college hockey I'd be lying if I said that your program doesn't impress the hell out of me right now.

Last year when I bought my FF tickets off Craigslist, I've come to realize that I have more in common with hard core college hockey fans of any team than with most people, even some casual BU fans.

Last year I met a nice gentleman at a coffee shop who was selling the FF seats. At first he looked a tad tentative when he noticed I was wearing BU sweatshirt. I mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at Agganis and as it turned out he's a season ticket holder as well, only at Kelley Rink.

I ended up sitting a chatting with him for 1/2 hour over coffee and enjoyed the hockey conversation tremendously.

Not once did I yell "BC sucks" at him or did he chant "Safety School" at me. He even emailed me congratulations once the title had been won. Classy.

Since that day I remain a fiercely loyal and loud BU fan, and I try to keep it positive.

Sometimes I even try chatting up Maine, NU, UNH, and BC fans at Agganis. This often has mixed results.

I guess many of us are in the "silent majority" after all.
          Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            Why? Gerbe didn't have anything to do with this NC.
            No, but if he's there, why not? He certainly had a lot to do with the one two years ago.

Comment

No, but if he's there, why not? He certainly had a lot to do with the one two years ago.
              What a moron. Why Not ??? Seriously?? Maybe because he wasn't on the freaking team and is no more a part of this years championship then you are?? Maybe every BC alum available can go drop the fukking puck.....

Comment

What a moron. Why Not ??? Seriously?? Maybe because he wasn't on the freaking team and is no more a part of this years championship then you are?? Maybe every BC alum available can go drop the fukking puck.....
                I didn't say be the guy who is part of the face off, but a guy who is introduced and maybe drops the puck. Maybe Corey Latulippe can be ringmaster at the circus the next time the Elephants come back to Burlington.

Comment

I didn't say be the guy who is part of the face off, but a guy who is introduced and maybe drops the puck. Maybe Corey Latulippe can be ringmaster at the circus the next time the Elephants come back to Burlington.
                  Funny thing actually but elephants are banned from the State of Vermont. The esteemed Legislature actually introduced a law taking up that ban.....

And it still doesn't matter, why would they acknowledge Gerbe in anyway? That's just ********...

I wonder if the sponsor graduated from BC

Comment

Funny thing actually but elephants are banned from the State of Vermont.
                    As are shaving products for women, apparently...

Comment

jcarter, do you have a favorite NHL team that we can make a "stay away" bet about? How about UVM women's lacrosse? Anything?
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                        You guys know if anybody on BC going pro early? Please say Kreider and Atkinson .

Not that it matters since Jerry seems to reload rather than rebuild.

BU's roster is looking pretty thin with C Cohen, Bonino, and Shattenkirk all jumping ship. Some good recruits coming in though.

You know...I root against BC b/c I'm a BU guy and make no apologies for that. BUT...as a huge fan of college hockey I'd be lying if I said that your program doesn't impress the hell out of me right now.

Last year when I bought my FF tickets off Craigslist, I've come to realize that I have more in common with hard core college hockey fans of any team than with most people, even some casual BU fans.

Last year I met a nice gentleman at a coffee shop who was selling the FF seats. At first he looked a tad tentative when he noticed I was wearing BU sweatshirt. I mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at Agganis and as it turned out he's a season ticket holder as well, only at Kelley Rink.

I ended up sitting a chatting with him for 1/2 hour over coffee and enjoyed the hockey conversation tremendously.

Not once did I yell "BC sucks" at him or did he chant "Safety School" at me. He even emailed me congratulations once the title had been won. Classy.

Since that day I remain a fiercely loyal and loud BU fan, and I try to keep it positive.

Sometimes I even try chatting up Maine, NU, UNH, and BC fans at Agganis. This often has mixed results.

I guess many of us are in the "silent majority" after all.
                        Great post. There are few better experiences than meeting true college hockey fans on the road. Doesn't matter what colors they're wearing - people who are truly passionate about the sport, not just one team, tend to be great people. It's what makes the Frozen Four a special event. I think I got pictures with fans of maybe eight or nine different teams.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          jcarter, do you have a favorite NHL team that we can make a "stay away" bet about? How about UVM women's lacrosse? Anything?
                          I do have a favorite NHL team, but alas there are no bets possible. And nope, no bets for a while. BC and UVM will be one of the first games played, so we can put down a bet then. But, you are stuck with me for the off season. Which I know some of you are happy about since a fair share during a BC NC run spent more time on the UVM thread then they did their own.

Comment

It's what makes the Frozen Four a special event. I think I got pictures with fans of maybe eight or nine different teams.

Were they aware of it?

Comment

Were they aware of it?
                              Okay, that was pretty funny.
                              -

Comment

Okay, that was pretty funny.
                                I try. Well sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X