X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I have a buddy in Greenville...
    It's always "I have a buddy" with you. I think you speak from first hand experience.
    You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
    ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
    ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
    ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
      couple of photos from friday afternoon in detroit

surprisingly heavy at 40 pounds or so, and with an estimated replacement cost of $140k, my smile betrays the "don't effin drop this thing" racing through my head... and does anyone know the guy on the right? he was working the event and was on my flight back to Portland wearing a blazer with a Hobey Baker patch on it... I assume he's on the committee, or maybe voter...
      *****http://i20.***********.com/albums/b233/gsl1315/FF1.jpg******

Walking out of the GM RenCenter, ran into Whitehead and Nyquist... I was simply going to offer my congrats on the season and the Hobey when fellow posters Nick Papagiorgio and SteveF asked them if they'd stop for picture, knowing I would not have asked...
      *****http://i20.***********.com/albums/b233/gsl1315/FF2.jpg******
      Nice pictures. I watched the Hobey Baker awards ceremony on ESPNU. Tim and Gustav presented themselves well. Good PR for the University. I wondered if Gustav's grandfather could speak English?

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
        It's always "I have a buddy" with you. I think you speak from first hand experience.
        trust me, I have no experience with strippers in Millinocket, Greenville, or CV. Montreal is another story though (my bachelor party included blackjack, scotch, cigars, and at least 4 clubs in Montreal)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Nice pictures. I watched the Hobey Baker awards ceremony on ESPNU. Tim and Gustav presented themselves well. Good PR for the University. I wondered if Gustav's grandfather could speak English?
          They were both fantastic guys to say hello to. I've heard other great things about Whitehead from another friend. Whitehead was hanging out almost all afternoon at the Fanfest talking to people while Nyquist was participating in the signing session and shot accuracy drills. Obviously Eaves had something to do. Never did see Umile.

Either way, I was impressed with Nyquist, granted it was only a few minutes but he just struck me as a genuinely nice kid.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            I have a buddy in Greenville and according to him it actually is a bar that brings strippers in one night a week during tourist season and not really a strip cliub (at least thats the way it was a few years ago). Same thing happens in Carabasset Valley during ski season at a couple bars. So no worry that they are using local girls for talent... And according to an article I read in a western Maine news paper this year, most of these small towns don't have "no touch" rules

You're right it is a bar that brings them in usually on Friday and Saturday night during tourist season. Some of the girls let you touch them.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              I thought Timmay came across as a dope.

Comment

how'd you hear that? rafting the penobby the last weekend of june...
                No chit. I think I am rafting the nob the last weekend in June as part of my bachelor party. Any idea what company you will be going with?

As for La Casa, it's closed. The sketchball that owned it went belly up late last year. Place was trash anyway. Being from Millinocket, one time was all it took to never go back.

And awesome photos!
                Buzzy

Comment

Well don't mean to get away from the rafting and bachelor parties. After all I've spent some time in both Greenville and Millinocket, back in my days as a broadcaster for WDME when I lived in Dover-Foxcroft after graduating from Maine.

But saw this article on Jimmy I thought was worth sharing, though Jimmy did lose his 1st playoff start last night.
                  http://detnews.com/article/20100414/...-go-lucky-view

By the way GScott nice photos! The wife and I decided we'd go to the Virgin Islands this year instead of the Frozen Four, and after watching it I think we made the right decision! But we'll be back in St. Paul next year!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
                    No chit. I think I am rafting the nob the last weekend in June as part of my bachelor party. Any idea what company you will be going with?

As for La Casa, it's closed. The sketchball that owned it went belly up late last year. Place was trash anyway. Being from Millinocket, one time was all it took to never go back.

And awesome photos!
                    not sure.. my friend is planning it... we've done the dead and the kennebec in the past, so i am sure he'll use one of the companies we used for those trips... if i had to guess, it'll be northern outdoors... not sure though

Comment

Aahh, gotta love spring in Maine. 80's one week, snowing the next.

Comment

EDITED

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                        2010-2011 Depth Chart

Forwards

1. Nyquist JR
                        2. Flynn JR
                        3. House SR
                        4. Abbott JR
                        5. Dee SR
                        6. Shemansky SO
                        7. Diamond SO
                        8. Andersson JR
                        9. Mangene SO
                        10. Leidermark SO
                        11. Beattie SO
                        12. Solomon JR
                        13. Anthoine FR
                        14. Corkum FR
                        15. Amestoy FR
                        16. Swavely FR

Defense
                        1. O'Neill JR
                        2. Dimmen SR
                        3. Van Dyk SR
                        4. Hegarty JR
                        5. Banwell SR
                        6. Nemec SO
                        7. Cornell SO
                        8. Pryor SO
                        9. O'Connor FR

Goal
                        1. Darling JR
                        2. Sirman SO
                        3. Ouellette FR
                        With Higgins being moved to '11 (according to Heisenberg) I took the liberty to remove him and add Corkum. Also moved Mangene to Forward. As good as he was at D for us, I think he'll at least start at Forward. He's a center who had good chemistry with his line mates. Though Tim showed enough confidence in Hockey East Final to drop him to D and play just 3 lines with Leidermark centering Mangene's line late in the 3rd and into OT.

Comment

not sure.. my friend is planning it... we've done the dead and the kennebec in the past, so i am sure he'll use one of the companies we used for those trips... if i had to guess, it'll be northern outdoors... not sure though
                          Have rafted the Penobby a dozen times with North Country Rivers. No complaints... a very good outfitter. Take the 'Ultimate' trip... upper river twice, same day.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                            EDITED

With Higgins being moved to '11 (according to Heisenberg) I took the liberty to remove him and add Corkum. Also moved Mangene to Forward. As good as he was at D for us, I think he'll at least start at Forward. He's a center who had good chemistry with his line mates. Though Tim showed enough confidence in Hockey East Final to drop him to D and play just 3 lines with Leidermark centering Mangene's line late in the 3rd and into OT.
                            Who do you think will take Dek's place on the second line

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                              Who do you think will take Dek's place on the second line
                              A good question, and important one. Way too early to know! Good put Diamond there if he plays the way he did at the Garden. Or see if an Anthoine or Beattie works well in practice.

Will take awhile next year for lines to develop. Dek brought net presence and was a good physical winger on that line which complimented Dee and Abbott well. See both Dee and Abbott as top 2 line players again, so it's a matter of who compliments them best.

Comment

If one of the incoming freshmen can play center, I can see Liedermark playing there, with Dee moving back to the wing.

Otherwise, Dee needs to stay there, as we're not too deep at that position, as far as I know, you've got House, Dee, Mangene and Liedermark as all we've got.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X