• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

this was interesting

http://sidorkiewicz.blogspot.com/201...ack-bears.html

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
      Interestingly way off on about half of the points. But better than reading about politics.

Comment

he says: ''Josh Van Dyk, who finished as the 3rd highest defensive scorer with 18 points, constantly brought back bad memories and many facepalms with his Keenan Hopson-esque defensive lapses. If Whitehead is smart (highly unlikely) he'll move Van Dyk down a line alongside fellow senior Mike Banwell to help stabilize the checking line."

and earlier he touts Mangene's defensive prowess. interestingly I would have compared Mangene to Hopson at D, at least around the net. But I also think that Matt could be a real defenseman, Keenan was not.

This is where I mention that a little birdy told me something that made me smile... and think that Karma might really be a *****... more on this very soon.

Comment

Dude says the first line has unmatchable chemistry then he writes Shemansky onto the line in his depth chart? Fail.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

This is where I mention that a little birdy told me something that made me smile... and think that Karma might really be a *****... more on this very soon.
            Tease
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

is there a blue white game this year? date and time?

Comment

is there a blue white game this year? date and time?
                No. The first day of practice is Saturday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, Oct. 3, we have an exhibition game against Acadia at the Alfond.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Tease
                  Parker and BU in trouble?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                    No. The first day of practice is Saturday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, Oct. 3, we have an exhibition game against Acadia at the Alfond.
                    That is TWO WEEKS AWAY. Just in time to let us forget Maine football exists.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      That is TWO WEEKS AWAY. Just in time to let us forget Maine football exists.
                      Hey, they led 14-7 at one point!

Comment

Tickets!!! The Pony Express finally found its way to Central Maine and dropped off a fresh new packet of tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck View Post
                          Tickets!!! The Pony Express finally found its way to Central Maine and dropped off a fresh new packet of tickets.
                          Got mine yesterday also
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Puck View Post
                            Still waiting here in Southern Maine, although a buddy of mine got his yesterday...I'm going to feel like Navin R. Johnson when he sees his name in the phone book

Comment

KIA Re: little birdie

Would this be the fact that after being invited to rookie camp, darling was the only rookie tender to not be invited to training camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Hey, they led 14-7 at one point!
                                ...And they should have led by more.Maine was actually winning in the trenches,just as they did in the first half last year.SU's depth killed them.The Orange rotated the D line personnel liberally,and they stayed fresh while Maine wore down.Typical 1-A v.1-AA scenario.

After the Albany debacle I kinda wrote them off,but I now think that a respectable season is possible for the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X