This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Special thanks to the athletic department for mailing out cards to season ticket holders. The announcement gives season ticket holders priority in exchanging current seats for open seats. Nice to give season ticket holders the option first before offering them to others. They also thanked me for supporting the team. Much different from the way it has been handled in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      I believe the fact that those things didnt happen at the same time makes it worse. Blame is to be shared, most og the awful recruiting classes were guy perrons. But the buck stopa with whitehead. To say criticism of a man who did as poor a job as he did in 08 and 09 is unfounded, to me, just isnt accurate.

I didn't say it was unfounded.

Trust me, my torch is still lit and the pitchfork is in hand...and this is coming from a guy who said they're going to St Paul.....but I'm just saying....they've looked for every excuse in the book to keep him so far.....All those things happening at different times means there "hasn't been a year where everything was a failure" according to the joke, Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I hear you have a bachelor party coming up, run while you still can
        how'd you hear that? rafting the penobby the last weekend of june...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          Just say no to strip clubs in Millinocket. Ugh.

Comment

Couple of Brothers down in Harpswell, its a small world
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              Just say no to strip clubs in Millinocket. Ugh.
              Last time I went by there it was closed, boarded up closed

Comment

Greenville has a strip club
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

La Casa looked open last time I was by (last summer).
                  You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                  ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                  ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                  ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Couple of Brothers down in Harpswell, its a small world
                    dmned saxtons!

how's their project coming along? I haven't seen them since the Bowdoin-Middlebury NESCAC Championship game about a month ago...

Comment

couple of photos from friday afternoon in detroit

surprisingly heavy at 40 pounds or so, and with an estimated replacement cost of $140k, my smile betrays the "don't effin drop this thing" racing through my head... and does anyone know the guy on the right? he was working the event and was on my flight back to Portland wearing a blazer with a Hobey Baker patch on it... I assume he's on the committee, or maybe voter...
                      *****http://i20.***********.com/albums/b233/gsl1315/FF1.jpg******

Walking out of the GM RenCenter, ran into Whitehead and Nyquist... I was simply going to offer my congrats on the season and the Hobey when fellow posters Nick Papagiorgio and SteveF asked them if they'd stop for picture, knowing I would not have asked...
                      *****http://i20.***********.com/albums/b233/gsl1315/FF2.jpg******
                      Last edited by gscott13; 04-15-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Tell the truth, you were stalking Nyquit all weekend long and he finally said "if you stop stalking me I'll take a picture with you" and you happily agreed.

It was a nice shot if I do say so myself with Windsor in the background.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Just trying to keep it as DARK as possible in there!

Comment

dmned saxtons!

how's their project coming along? I haven't seen them since the Bowdoin-Middlebury NESCAC Championship game about a month ago...
                            Not as far along as they'd like but the wharf should be done this week ,so they can get the floats out. Lots of folks working on their boats yesterday, restaurant opens on the 1st, its crunch time for them.

Comment

Not as far along as they'd like but the wharf should be done this week ,so they can get the floats out. Lots of folks working on their boats yesterday, restaurant opens on the 1st, its crunch time for them.
                              sounds about right, they definitely have that go-go-go mentality... they're probably trying to launch 8-10 boats a day too, in addition to getting the restaurant ready, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                                Greenville has a strip club
                                I have a buddy in Greenville and according to him it actually is a bar that brings strippers in one night a week during tourist season and not really a strip cliub (at least thats the way it was a few years ago). Same thing happens in Carabasset Valley during ski season at a couple bars. So no worry that they are using local girls for talent... And according to an article I read in a western Maine news paper this year, most of these small towns don't have "no touch" rules

Comment

Working...
                                X