X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    By the way.......Maine is scheduled to play the Top 3 (BC, NoDak, Miami) 6 times!

splitting hairs, but they play miami only once, so it's five games. that said, they could play st. cloud once as well depending on how the florida tourney unfolds which would give them 6 against chn's top 6. overall, they play 9 games against chn's preseason top 10, with the possibility of playing a 10th in scsu.
    Last edited by gscott13; 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      easier to control 25 vs 80+/-
      Cozzy has about 15 coaches so it should still be under control
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
        splitting hairs, but they play miami only once, so it's five games.
        However, they play BC 3 times so it is 6

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          Anybody planning on going to the Lobster Fest?
          Very nice event. A chance to meet the players and dine on lobster with two of the players at your table. I won't be attending this year as I have a conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
            However, they play BC 3 times so it is 6
            and once again, we have proven that i am nothing more than an idiot...

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              Anybody planning on going to the Lobster Fest?
              Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              Very nice event. A chance to meet the players and dine on lobster with two of the players at your table. I won't be attending this year as I have a conflict.
              I've wanted to go for several years now, but hadn't been able to make it. My wife and I are planning to go this year and we are really looking forward to it.

Comment

and once again, we have proven that i am nothing more than an idiot...
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Primary investments but not primary business.

Yes, I had many Maine hockey players over the years living in units.

My favorite was when a couple ripped a door off its hinges and used it for firewood in the fireplace. All in all very good tennants and one quick call always straightens them out. More so when SW was at the helm. Football players are a different story

Does that mean you are self employed or work for a finanical services firm?
                  What led to your hockey passion?
                  Do you cheer for a particular team as I see you on multiple team threads?

Comment

well.. in order to get decent seats, i sprung for the five game pack that the ticket office is running right now... 2 tix to Maine-NoDak and 3 tix to Maine-UNH....

Comment

September 9, 2010

ORONO, Maine – Former men’s ice hockey goalie Mike Dunham and former women’s basketball standout Heather Ernest highlight the 2010 University of Maine Sports Hall of Fame class which will be inducted on September 24.

Dunham ’93 was part of a goaltending duo that led Maine to its first-ever national championship in men’s ice hockey during the 1992–1993 season. He is joined in the 2010 class by Ken Black ’35, who excelled in track and cross country, former men’s soccer coach and assistant athletic director Jim Dyer, Ernest ’04, baseball captain Jeff Paul ’84 and football standout Marcus Williams ’05.
                      snip

Dunham was part of a goaltending duo during the 1992–1993 season when he earned First Team All-American, First Team All-New England and First Team All-Hockey East honors. He shared goaltending duties with Garth Snow and helped lead Maine to its first-ever National Championship. He earned the Howard Neville Rookie of the Year team award in 1990–91. He played for the US Olympic Team in 1992, 1994 and 2002. He earned a silver medal with the 2002 team. Dunham played 10 years in the NHL including stints with the New York Rangers, Nashville Predators, New Jersey Devils and the New York Islanders. He currently serves as goaltending coach with the New York Islanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        snip
                        Dunnie is goaltending coach with the Islanders ??? I did not know that.....Snow wuz the better of the two anyweigh. That also explains why Garth is GM and Dunnie is coaching....lol. Garth was unquestionably the better fighter.

In all seriousness, I can remember a series of saves that Dunham made against someone at the Alfond...doesnt matter who it wuz, but it was about 4 kick saves in rapid succession. After seeing that display all I could say wuz....wow, this kid can play.
                        Last edited by acs64; 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Anyone know if the season tickets have been mailed yet?
                          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

well.. in order to get decent seats, i sprung for the five game pack that the ticket office is running right now... 2 tix to Maine-NoDak and 3 tix to Maine-UNH....
                            geeeeezus gregg, ur gonna hurt the bc fandoms feelings.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

That's not a bad deal for $99. A shame the BC game up there is a Sunday late afternoon game.

Hope you're ready for next weekend...
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Can you get two packs and get two tickets to five different games? This is the first year without season tix
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X