X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by Tango View Post
    Ooooooooooo, check out Hockeydad flexing his nuts “10 Million in real-estate”. I bet you owned $500 in port-a-potties!
    No, I never leased an outhouse to you and your gang.

Always owned

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
      Ooooooooooo, check out Hockeydad flexing his nuts “10 Million in real-estate”. I bet you owned $500 in port-a-potties!
      Careful, now!

That's a pretty lucrative venture up here....you know....without the indoor plumbing
      Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Sandie, if you believe approx 4000-5000 more fixed seats (this is how many it would take to host a regional approximately) and the equipment and so forth to have a regulation ice surface would only add a couple of million to the cost, you are sadly mistaken.

I will ask again, why should the city of Bangor expend the extra millions it would take to possibly host a regional for NCAA hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
          Sandie, if you believe approx 4000-5000 more fixed seats (this is how many it would take to host a regional approximately) and the equipment and so forth to have a regulation ice surface would only add a couple of million to the cost, you are sadly mistaken.

I will ask again, why should the city of Bangor expend the extra millions it would take to possibly host a regional for NCAA hockey?
          In a million years they wont. The council could care less and wouldnt ever do it. The residents have a fit over adding a police officer to the till

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post

Are you thick? 2,500 extra seats to get to 8,000+ and ice making capabilities would add maybe $3 - $4 million.......THIS HAS BEEN STATED IN THE PAPER - $1 MILLION FOR EVERY ADDITIONAL 1,000 SEATS. It would also allow more event dates (hockey games, ice shows, bigger and better concerts) to fill the arena calendar........do you comprehend that, Bluey?

If Albany, Worcester, Bridgeport, and Manchester can host Regionals and draw anywhere from 3,000 to 7,000 per session then it would seem that Bangor could certainly match or do better than those numbers......and they would deserve a chance to prove it.

It's all moot though...........

Comment

Sandie
              When are you moving to Bangor?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Enough already kids. Here's the deal right from one of the horses mouths. The center is targeted for events...mainly concerts, local bounceyball tourneys, trade shows and so forth. That being the case, concerts fill well up to about 8,000 (standing room included) which the new center would accomodate. From 8,000 to about 15,000 there is a dead zone where no concert event is interested. When I stated negligible incremental costs from leaping that far, it wuz tongue in cheek. It most likely is not incremental and TB is correct. Different roof structure, differing support structure and foundations.....etc, etc, etc. Fact is, there is no interest in making the center hawkey friendly because the high schools have ice, there are no plans for minor league hockey and so forth. So, fohgetaboutit Sandie, it aint happening and if it were the city couldnt afford it, particularly in this climate. The word "regional" never ever parted from the lips of the source...in fact the word hawkey didnt either until I brought it up....even the mention of making it hockey adapatable drew no more than raised eyebrow. So, if regionals are ever in the mix for Maine, its got to be Portland at some point in the future....a better venue all around anyway. Also the site of the next Hawkey East tournament seeing how Boaston doesnt give a chit anymore aboutit
                Last edited by acs64; 09-02-2010, 07:45 PM.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Sandie
                  When are you moving to Bangor?
                  Hopefully, moving to Maine within the next year......the economy willing.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Enough already kids. Here's the deal right from one of the horses mouths. The center is targeted for events...mainly concerts, local bounceyball tourneys, trade shows and so forth. That being the case, concerts fill well up to about 8,000 (standing room included) which the new center would accomodate. From 8,000 to about 15,000 there is a dead zone where no concert event is interested. When I stated negligible incremental costs from leaping that far, it wuz tongue in cheek. It most likely is not incremental and TB is correct. Different roof structure, differing support structure and foundations.....etc, etc, etc.
                    A different roof structure and supports to install a complete oval seating arrangement rather than a horseshoe???? Who the heck builds a new arena (at any level) and builds a horseshoe seating design???? I guess that Bangor can't stand having a facility without some effed up design (inverted roofs, horseshoe seating ). And as far as hockey goes.......look who sits on the council.......I'm surprised that they know what hockey is.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                      Hopefully, moving to Maine within the next year......the economy willing.
                      You need to move to Bangor so you can help pay for the new Arena

Hockey isn't what it used to be, once Shawn passed, the biggest cheerleader was gone. He sold the program to the whole state, Timmay can't sell it to us diehards
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hockey isn't what it used to be, once Shawn passed, the biggest cheerleader was gone. He sold the program to the whole state, Timmay can't sell it to us diehards
                        Not only did he sell the program to the state, he first had to teach the sport to the state. Not just the game, but the western style of playing hockey. And not only did he need to teach the state, he schooled the entire league on what it takes to be at a competitive level with the likes of the big red machine in Wisconsin, Duluth, Minnesota, North Dakota. One of his fondest memories in fact as he related to the early center ice club was taking the Capuanos et al to Madison and embarrasing all those red jerseys to the tune of 6-1 or thereabouts.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Not only did he sell the program to the state, he first had to teach the sport to the state. Not just the game, but the western style of playing hockey. And not only did he need to teach the state, he schooled the entire league on what it takes to be at a competitive level with the likes of the big red machine in Wisconsin, Duluth, Minnesota, North Dakota. One of his fondest memories in fact as he related to the early center ice club was taking the Capuanos et al to Madison and embarrasing all those red jerseys to the tune of 6-1 or thereabouts.
                          and having Harry in his corner didnt hurt either....

Comment

I already do........I play at Hollywood Slots when I visit.

Comment

Sandie,

While you are searching for permanent digs, maybe Hokydad can put you up in one of his "deeelux apartments in the sky"

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                                Sandie,

While you are searching for permanent digs, maybe Hokydad can put you up in one of his "deeelux apartments in the sky"
                                nope, living next to 4 college kids is not luxury.

Comment

Working...
                                X