X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Flynn-House-Nyquist
    Abbott-Dee-Mangene (or Diamond and Mangene plays D)
    Antoine-Diamond-Shemansky (if Diamond moves up and Mangene play D Andersson)
    Leidermark-Andersson-Amestoy (or Beattie/Swavely/Pryor if he plays F)
    Swavely-Beattie-Corkum
    Maine has too many quality forwards!

Dimmen-O'neill
    Van Dyk-Banwell
    Nemec-Hegarty (or Mangene)
    Cornell-O'connor
    Pryor

Ouellette
    Sullivan
    Sirman
    Seeley

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
      Flynn-House-Nyquist
      Abbott-Dee-Mangene (or Diamond and Mangene plays D)
      Antoine-Diamond-Shemansky (if Diamond moves up and Mangene play D Andersson)
      Leidermark-Andersson-Amestoy (or Beattie/Swavely/Pryor if he plays F)
      Swavely-Beattie-Corkum
      Maine has too many quality forwards!

Dimmen-O'neill
      Van Dyk-Banwell
      Nemec-Hegarty (or Mangene)
      Cornell-O'connor
      Pryor

Ouellette
      Sullivan
      Sirman
      Seeley
      Robby Dee is going to have a huge season

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
        Robby Dee is going to have a huge season
        I agree, at times last season he looked goood out there.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
          I agree, at times last season he looked goood out there.
          ...Dee/Abbott/Diamond will have to be counted on to pick up some of the scoring...as the 1st line of Nyquist/House/Flynn won't be able to do it every night and you can bet that top line will be watch HARD all season by the other teams...so those three will be a MUCH MORE important part of the TEAM as the Season goes on.

Comment

Flynn/House/Nyquist
            Abbott/Dee/Diamond
            Anthoine/Beattie/Amestoy
            Mangene/Swavely/Shemansky

Dimmen/O'Neill
            Van Dyk/Banwell
            Hegarty/Pryor

OuelLette
            Sullivan

Coach: Corkum

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I'd like to see Mangene stay on D, I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling having the same D as last year and thats what we have right now
              ummmm, were you are the Garden for the final game last season? and the final goal?

I do NOT want to see Mangene on D, not if he has to play the way Timmy wants his defensemen to play. Granted, Dumoulin was just as permissive around the net as Mangene was, but I kinda think that Dumoulin has a better up side at D.
              Mangene is a fine foreward.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                So I’ve been thinking of more crazy chit idea:

Here we go!

What if you replaced Flynn on the first line with Shemansky. Shemansky becomes the next Cal Ingraham and gets a bunch of those “clean up crap around the net” goals like Ingraham used to, and Shemansky seemed to have a knack for the first half of last year. Then Flynn can become the center peace of a third line. With the second line being Abbot/Dee/Diamond.

Or………maybe Flynn is not as good as his numbers and couldn’t anchor his own line and is a product of being on the same line with Nyquist and House.

Questions:

1. Could Flynn anchor his own line?
                2. Would Abbot/Dee/Diamond be a #1 line on any other Hockey East teams like PC or UMass?
                3. Are the Ice Girls/Cheerleaders going to get any hotter or increase in numbers?
                I am kinda surprised to see all this abbott dee diamond talk.

I do not see them as a certain second line.

Abbott's strength seemed to me, to be his quarterbacking a powerplay. If Amestoy can fly, and handle the puck, maybe I would like to see him with Diamond or Dee.

as for Dee and Diamond, I never saw any particular chemistry between the 2 of them, all of their highlight reel goals were single-handed efforts. They can be split up too.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  I kinda think that Dumoulin has a better up side at D.
                  Ya think?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I am kinda surprised to see all this abbott dee diamond talk.

I do not see them as a certain second line.

Abbott's strength seemed to me, to be his quarterbacking a powerplay. If Amestoy can fly, and handle the puck, maybe I would like to see him with Diamond or Dee.

as for Dee and Diamond, I never saw any particular chemistry between the 2 of them, all of their highlight reel goals were single-handed efforts. They can be split up too.
                    ...I was saying that I would figure that these three players will be counted on to put the puck in the net...but your right that they would be better suited as #2 & #3 liners and not always together.

Comment

ummmm, were you are the Garden for the final game last season? and the final goal?
                      The guy had played a couple games at D and you think one bad play discounts him from playing there? If thats the case, Dimmen is the only guy who should be on D and thats questionable going by your criteria.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The guy had played a couple games at D and you think one bad play discounts him from playing there? If thats the case, Dimmen is the only guy who should be on D and thats questionable going by your criteria.
                        I am not really trying to attack the kid, he is a fine forward.

it was not a bad game on his part, it was one really bad play, but one that a hard nosed defenseman never would have made.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Ya think?
                          I do... but he can't continue to look like that in the playoffs if he wants a chance in the show..

Comment

it was not a bad game on his part, it was one really bad play, but one that a hard nosed defenseman never would have made.
                            Who is a hard nosed D man on this team? I know you weren't attacking the kid. I like his speed on D, the kid can skate, Think Travis Wight
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

...On that play Wilson should have made that save...period. But it's over with...Mangene will be a Spark-Plug where-ever he plays and most likely a ton of time as a forward...I'm just glad he's playing for Maine.

Comment

Who is a hard nosed D man on this team? I know you weren't attacking the kid. I like his speed on D, the kid can skate, Think Travis Wight
                                amazing, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X