• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Blake James is gone!!!!

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Maine-Athletic-Director-.html

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      See ya
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Is the switchboard on campus jammed as former long-time season ticket holders are scrambling to get their tickets back?
        You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
        ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
        ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
        ...you hate UNH.

Comment

There is a God!

Comment

...Its a Start...he did enough damage in just a short period of time...alot of people have to be HAPPY with this NEW's...the only thing I question is I bet he had to know he was leaving when he gave his Buddy..{Whitehead}..a 3 yr extension...and I know many will say it just came up..{New Job}..but I am not buying it...BUT I am sure GLAD he going AWAY 4-GOOD.

Comment

It's about time
              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW3ENfBdykc&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW3ENfBdykc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Over under on how many James hired coaches will still be around in 3 years? Question is what does the U do with his replacement? Sugar coat a job for one of his underlings and keep it the status quo? Low ball somebody like they have with so many coaching positions?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../joey-diamond/

INCH A-Z features Joey Diamond.

INCH is right, Maine's offense is going to be scary deep next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                      http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../joey-diamond/

INCH A-Z features Joey Diamond.

INCH is right, Maine's offense is going to be scary deep next year.
                      ...I like this Kid alot...come's with a EDGE to his game,especially the last part of the season...will need him to add some goals to take the pressure off the 1st Line of Nyquist/House/Flynn...hopefully he got stronger over the off-season in the upper body area...small player but has a BIG Heart for the game...which bodes well for UM Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW3ENfBdykc&hl=en_US&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JW3ENfBdykc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                        ...When's the PARADE..???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Sugar coat a job for one of his underlings and keep it the status quo? Low ball somebody like they have with so many coaching positions?
                          2 good guesses right there
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            2 good guesses right there
                            The only thing I worry about is now you have the departure of the AD and the President. The President is responsible for hiring the AD, so it's quite likely they'll have a replacement in before a new President comes on. That could lead to some longer term turmoil, as a new President might not like the new AD that is hired, causing further uncertainty. Usually, top management likes to bring in their own people. Just something to consider...
                            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

But aren't they likely to name interims to both positions. If the prez is responsible for hiring the AD, that will be put off until a new prez is in, who will help hire the new AD, no?
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                But aren't they likely to name interims to both positions. If the prez is responsible for hiring the AD, that will be put off until a new prez is in, who will help hire the new AD, no?
                                ...A good Interim A.D. for UMaine would be Stu Haskell...wonder if he would be willing to help out for a while..?

Comment

Working...
                                X