• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Yeah
    Steve sucked, ever see him play?
    I did see Steve play, and he didn't suck, but he wasn't Paul. Marty was (as that sign at Conte said) the "Worst Kariya Ever".

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      I did see Steve play, and he didn't suck, but he wasn't Paul. Marty was (as that sign at Conte said) the "Worst Kariya Ever".
      The worst Kariya ever still ain't bad. Like I said no one is going to be Paul, look at any college player since, no one
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        The worst Kariya ever still ain't bad. Like I said no one is going to be Paul, look at any college player since, no one
        He was a good one, no doubt about that. I, for one, thought Marty was horrible. Maybe because, to me, the name on his back gave me an unfair expectation of how he'd play.

Comment

He was a good one, no doubt about that. I, for one, thought Marty was horrible. Maybe because, to me, the name on his back gave me an unfair expectation of how he'd play.
          Must have been because he was far from horrible. In the last few years Maine has had some horrible players, I'd take Marty in a heartbeat over them.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I did see Steve play, and he didn't suck, but he wasn't Paul. .
            Yea, 50 points as a sophomore.
            Hobey Baker finalist with 65 points as a senior.

"Didn't suck..." is the most respect you can give him?

Comment

I, for one, thought Marty was horrible.
              Again....50 points as a senior....just horrible.

Comment

Pauly>Stevie>Marty
                Our only regret with the Karyias is that we didnt get the one born before Paul
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

So in one breath recruiting at Maine has fallen off because there are no more Kariya's. And in the next breath, the last Kariya was a horrible player. Okkkkkk.

...and he didn't suck, but he wasn't Paul.
                  You could say that about...ummm...everyone that's ever played at BC, offensively.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Hey all, do to an unforseen financial boon, I have come into some money, quit my job and am traveling the country. I was planning on stopping by Maine and taking in a game?

Will I need advanced tickets?
                    Where is a good place to stay where I can get drunk and walk to the stadium, bars, etc.?
                    What bar would be good for picking up a girl to have a good time with at said hotel?
                    Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 07-06-2010, 09:51 AM. Reason: Remove embedded audio

Comment

Brian Flynn and Mike Banwell were invited to the Flyers prospect camp which starts this Monday. Good for these guys to get some recognition, especially Flynn.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533161&navid=DL|PHI|home
                      It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                      But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        So in one breath recruiting at Maine has fallen off because there are no more Kariya's. And in the next breath, the last Kariya was a horrible player. Okkkkkk.

You could say that about...ummm...everyone that's ever played at BC, offensively.
                        I'm sure Gionta, Leetch, or even Kobasew could score 10+ points in an exhibition game, too if they still counted towards stats. No big deal.

Comment

I'm sure Gionta, Leetch, or even Kobasew could score 10+ points in an exhibition game, too if they still counted towards stats. No big deal.
                          Paul didn't score 10+ points in an exhibition game. Chris Ferraro notched six, but PK didn't get that many. He got six points against Northeastern, a Hockey East rival. All three Kariyas had six-point games. None of them were in exhibitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Paul didn't score 10+ points in an exhibition game. Chris Ferraro notched six, but PK didn't get that many. He got six points against Northeastern, a Hockey East rival. All three Kariyas had six-point games. None of them were in exhibitions.

Ok, but to the bigger point, Maine hasn't been getting the top flight kids like they used to. As good as Nyquist, House, Penner, etc are, if you think they are as good as Kariya, Montgomery, Ingraham, Yves-Roy, etc, well, as they say in Georgia "God bless your heart"...

Comment

Ok, but to the bigger point, Maine hasn't been getting the top flight kids like they used to. As good as Nyquist, House, Penner, etc are, if you think they are as good as Kariya, Montgomery, Ingraham, Yves-Roy, etc, well, as they say in Georgia "God bless your heart"...
                              ... Recruiting is alot different then it was 10 years ago and more...things that factor in now a days...location,who's behind the bench,who's pitching on the Recruiting trail and how the program develops players to move onto Pro Careers and the biggie...you have to keep a winning Program...being in the Conference Playoffs,making the NCAA's and being on TV. As far as the Kariya's,and thats ALL 3...they could have played for any Div.1 Program and played with there Zest & Flair...all 3 had a strong work ethic which would have bode well with any program at any time...20 years ago/10 years ago or now a days.

Comment

Jean Yves was overlooked by everyone and it was someone in Montgomery's family that mentioned him. Ingraham went to Air Force and struggled with grades and was looking for a landing spot. Nyquist is the best recruit Maine has had since Paul Kariya, bar none! You lose all credibility when you compare Gustav and Cal. Cal was a great complementary player, not a leader, Nyquist is someone you build a team around. No question recruiting suffered for about 4 years with Grant not getting his usual crop and then the transition to Guy for a year and now Kerluke and Corkum. But last few years have provided Maine with optimism. No we're not getting the blue chippahs, but it's a much better crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X