X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Maine offseason: a lazy summer on the Stillwater

Originally posted by topshelf View Post
    Congrats to Coach Whitehead. Despite what some may say, he clearly deserves the extension based on his performance and program/team results.
    Based on what performance and results? Must be the 12 games under .500 for the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
      Based on what performance and results? Must be the 12 games under .500 for the last 3 years.
      But they almost beat BC in the HE title game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree with you there. Seems Timmay is getting credit for this coming season which hasn't even happened yet. UML fans can attest to things not exactly going according to plan when they thought they were on the verge of world domination coming into the past season with their roster.

That being said... nice, nice guy and I'm happy for him.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        To be completely fair, it was a season-long thing. This team was actually interesting to watch. They could skate, for instance. It was refreshing to have an entire season when scoring a 2nd goal to get a 2-1 lead didn't qualify as an offensive explosion.

The staff is obviously addressing the situation w/ goaltending...

I'd still be happier with a 1yr extension, with the possibility of 3 after the end of 2010-2011.

But the weather's too nice to complain very loudly. From my perspective, Maine hockey did a lot more right last season than just finishing 2 games over .500. Whitehead was in charge during that time . . . so fair is fair.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
          The last 3 years have been great

Season ticket application in the mail today, they must be confident Gus is coming back because they mention it many times in the brochure
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Gotta agree with you there. Seems Timmay is getting credit for this coming season which hasn't even happened yet. UML fans can attest to things not exactly going according to plan when they thought they were on the verge of world domination coming into the past season with their roster.

That being said... nice, nice guy and I'm happy for him.
            He's kept Maine competitive since he's been there even though he's had to compete on and off the ice with BC, BU, and UNH for the most part. I think he's earned an extension, but I dont see him returning Maine to the Walsh glory days as long as the other teams in the east remain strong.

Comment

Just curious, as a BC fan, are you saying that Maine in this last post-season was a better team than Wisconsin was ?

compare and contrast, go ahead...

as for me, I watched the HE finals on TV and was out in Detroit.

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              He's kept Maine competitive since he's been there even though he's had to compete on and off the ice with BC, BU, and UNH for the most part. I think he's earned an extension, but I dont see him returning Maine to the Walsh glory days as long as the other teams in the east remain strong.
              Maine coach Red Gendron said:
              “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                Just curious, as a BC fan, are you saying that Maine in this last post-season was a better team than Wisconsin was ?

compare and contrast, go ahead...

as for me, I watched the HE finals on TV and was out in Detroit.
                Nah, Wisconsin was clearly better, but Maine certainly gave BC a better game in the postseason.

Comment

Season ticket renewal arrived today. Payment plan once again available and a discounted price for quarterfinal tickets if purchased now. They go from $15.00 to $19.00 if you wait until 2011. Maine starts regular season against the River Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    Competitive? Two straight 13 win seasons, and only able to beat the teams in the bottom half of the division, during a period when quality is down nation-wide? yeah, sure.

We're doomed. Back to "TIMMAY's way or no way", and floating around the tops of the circles, shots fromn the point hockey.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Yah! 3 more years! If I can count, does that mean he gets the boot at the end of the 2013 season or 2014 season?

Letz see....little Corkum graduates in 4 years....maybe Bobby will take over then. (if he can tolerate the situation that long)
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Competitive? Two straight 13 win seasons, and only able to beat the teams in the bottom half of the division, during a period when quality is down nation-wide? yeah, sure.

We're doomed. Back to "TIMMAY's way or no way", and floating around the tops of the circles, shots fromn the point hockey.
                        Oh rufus, always so negative. I hear another Ryan is coming in...no, not Prestins little brother.....they call this one 'floater', like the turd.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Per Maine Coach Tim Whitehead, GK Scott Darling will not return to the Black Bears this fall. He is expected to turn pro with Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I hope the 2 goalies coming in are good
                            Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Per Maine Coach Tim Whitehead, GK Scott Darling will not return to the Black Bears this fall. He is expected to turn pro with Phoenix
                            Its not news, known it for awhile
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/95470609.html

Comment

sooooo.. i read timmay got 3 yrs. is that because he needed a contract for 10-11? or was this tacked onto a deal that was already going well into the future??
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X