Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT best represented college hockey at the Frozen Four

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
    RIT, congrats on your "Best Represented" trophy. I would be a little jealous, but BC also brought home some hardware this weekend.
    This says it all
    Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

RIT has some pretty amazing fans. A few reasons for my judgement:

The sheer number of active RIT threads right now. What is it, three? Four? For a late-coming AHA team, that's pretty impressive.

Their desire to sit together, regardless of where their tickets put them. Yeah, they look like more because they're sitting together. That doesn't mean there were less of them: ever hear about the sum of the parts? Noise in Albany was amazing.

I heard a few RIT chants on TV during the game. Now, I wasn't paying the best attention, my team not being in it, but I ONLY heard RIT chants.

So, Wisco fans, you've been acknowledged for a while as being arguable the best fans in college hockey. And I know BC fans - you guys are no slouch. But I think this time around, for outpouring of noise, intercollegiate cooperation, and alma mater loyalty, Rochester takes it.
      Originally posted by state of hockey
      Tecate tonight. Haha!
      Originally posted by state of hockey
      Ugh. That was a bad idea.
      Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

RIT fans were awesome at the game. They completely dominated the cheers over Bucky and BC and even Miami during the semifinals. It was hilarious watching the RIT fans.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
          RIT fans will go back to not caring about the team when they fade back into oblivion
          We're not going anywhere, skippy. Oblivion! We'll show you oblivion. Check back in in five years and see what RIT's done.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            We're not going anywhere, skippy. Oblivion! We'll show you oblivion. Check back in in five years and see what RIT's done.

Powers &8^]
            Whoa whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. You had a nice little run. Plenty of teams have had improbable, nice little runs in the tournament. Generally, we have to be reminded of them because those teams normally settle back to where they belong. Take it and enjoy it for what it was.

Did RIT have the best fans, or did the BC, Wisconsin and Miami fans act as if they've been there before? Discuss.
            Last edited by GoUNH; 04-11-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: Nunya

Comment

Still unsure of what I think of them. Good to see they stayed and what not but chanting RIT on Saturday was ********. Watch the game and **** your school already lost. It wasn't about RIT on Saturday night. Hopefully teams like Denver and Cornell and Unh can take care of business next time. To be honest I didnt run into a dbag miami, wisconsin or RIT fan all week. Wisc fans were super nice.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Also, with BC being the furthest away and having the smallest enrollment, no surprise they had the least amount of fans.

37,000 + fans is great, but I'd still rather see it played in a traditional building.

Comment

The RIT Fans were a highlight of the weekend. They went and had a great time. If the other teams fans "were acting like they've been here before" then it's time for them to step aside.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                    Did RIT have the best fans, or did the BC, Wisconsin and Miami fans act as if they've been there before? Discuss.
                    BC/Wisconsin/Miami fans did not act like they had been at a college hockey game before.

Comment

I think there is something to be said for a program making it's first appearance vs. a BC who seems to be there every year. It's the novelty of it, new to the RIT people.

Comment

Why does "act like you've been there before" have to mean "look like you're not having fun"?

If you aren't going to enjoy going to an event like this, or look like you enjoy performing well or winning an event like this, you may as well just stay home and mow your grass.

Comment

RIT obviously had the best fans. They were having fun regardless if their team won or lose. Good for them to show up and have fun unlike the Wisky and Mami fans who became silent once their teams got blown out. RIT fans had clean cheers without vulgarities and kept it up the entire weekend. They drowned out the Bucky fans, who most likely had the vast majority of the fan base.

Comment

Wisconsin fans were busy imitating the bored and tired play of the team in front of them last night.

Hard to hold that against them.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Whoa whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. You had a nice little run. Plenty of teams have had improbable, nice little runs in the tournament. Generally, we have to be reminded of them because those teams normally settle back to where they belong. Take it and enjoy it for what it was.

RIT will not fade into oblivion. Will they continue to make Frozen Four runs? Who knows. I would not be surprised if they make it to the tournament on a consistant basis - and if you aren't careful, will win games.

I agree with the sentiment about acting like they have been there before not really having any meaning. If that means sitting on your hands at a college hockey game I don't want any part of it. RIT's Corner Crew did what they normally do (perhaps that is there way of acting like they have been there before) - be loud and obnoxious during hockey games. And if you don't like it - I got TWOOOOO WOOOOOOORDS for you - YOU SUCK!
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                                RIT fans will go back to not caring about the team when they fade back into oblivion, but it was great to see them enjoy being there. their presence definitely helped add some sound and energy to the building, but we can't start saying things about these "amazing fans" that aren't true.
                                This shows how much you don't know about RIT. Sure there were a bunch of people that jumped onto the bandwaggon, but those people weren't the ones at the game. There may have been some but the majority of the RIT fans in Detroit are regular fans. I don't think the average bandwaggon fan is going to wait overnight outside of our box office to get one of the 600 tickets the school got.
                                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X