Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    Trying to beat the heat, I checked out ebay for "brown university hockey". There is a photo from the 70's for bidding. The link to it is below. Hopefully the link as on this post will allow you to enlarge. In addition to Given, I am curious as to whom the other players are. Bruno, can you help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-BROWN-UNIV...item4aa2bd34ac
    The other two players are Mike Flanagan (19) and Jim Lundquist (6).

Comment

Exactly, the guy is clueless

On every thread talking about warped erverted stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
        Except that the photo wasn't taken at Meehan Auditorium. In fact, it doesn't look at all like Meehan.
        If not Meehan, what rink? Home white jerseys? My recollection is hazy (very) but I seem to recall those steps in the 60s but that means major renovations to remove them, which I don't ever recall happening.

Comment

If not Meehan, what rink? Home white jerseys? My recollection is hazy (very) but I seem to recall those steps in the 60s but that means major renovations to remove them, which I don't ever recall happening.
          There were no such steps in Meehan, at least not in the 70s. Besides, the corners in Meehan aren't as tight. This is not Meehan. The photo was probably taken at an away tournament game in which Brown was considered the "home" team. In early January 1975 Brown played at the now extinct Holiday Tournament at Madison Square Garden (I was there), but it doesn't seem the Garden. On the other hand, I've only been inside Madison Square Garden six times, so I'm not sure about the details of the building. Bruno to rescue?

The photo is obviously of a 2-1 warm-up drill (I don't think Mike Flanagan made it a habit to shoot at his own goalie during games) during the 1974-75 season (due to the combined presence of Given, Flanagan and Lundquist). The goalie is Kevin McCabe.
          Last edited by Euler18; 07-06-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Brown's very tough schedule for the 2010-2011 season has been published. Here's the link: http://brownbears.com/sports/m-hockey/2010-11/schedule

Unlike Roger Grillo, Coach Whittet likes to play as difficult a schedule as possible. He thinks that Brown has everything to gain and nothing to lose by playing New Hampshire, Boston University, Notre Dame and Minnesota State (Mankato) rather than AIC, Connecticut and Bentley. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

The press release announcing Brown's freshmen class has been posted. As others have said before on this site, the class looks good. I like Siers, presuming the coaching staff will keep him under control

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-h...nter-decorator

Comment

Except that the photo wasn't taken at Meehan Auditorium. In fact, it doesn't look at all like Meehan.
                Sure it does. Isn't that the side the press box is on facing near where the Zamboni comes out today? Certainly looks like it to me.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Sure it does. Isn't that the side the press box is on facing near where the Zamboni comes out today? Certainly looks like it to me.

Comment

Sure it does. Isn't that the press box side behind the play near where the Zamboni comes out today? Certainly looks like it to me.

Comment

Sure it does. Isn't that the press box side behind the play near where the Zamboni comes out today? Certainly looks like it to me.

Comment

Sure it does. Isn't that the press box side behind the play? Near where the zamboni comes out today? Sure looks like it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          Sure it does. Isn't that the press box side behind the play? Near where the zamboni comes out today? Sure looks like it to me.
                          No it isn't. The steps never looked like that. Besides, in 1975 there was no glass behind the goals. It was chickenwire.

Comment

The press release announcing Brown's freshmen class has been posted. As others have said before on this site, the class looks good. I like Siers, presuming the coaching staff will keep him under control

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-h...nter-decorator
                            There'll be a lot of competition for every spot. I wouldn't be surprised if at least seven freshmen dressed for opening night.

Comment

No it isn't. The steps never looked like that. Besides, in 1975 there was no glass behind the goals. It was chickenwire.
                              What year did the ECAC visiting teams switch from wearing white to their school colors? I'm pretty sure it was in the 70's, and if white sweaters were still being worn by road teams in 1974-75, that would open up a whole new avenue of inquiry in our attempt to identify the site at which this picture was taken.

I vote for the Boston Arena when Brown played Northeastern on 2/12/75. Any contrary opinions?
                              LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                                What year did the ECAC visiting teams switch from wearing white to their school colors? I'm pretty sure it was in the 70's, and if white sweaters were still being worn by road teams in 1974-75, that would open up a whole new avenue of inquiry in our attempt to identify the site at which this picture was taken.
                                I went back to the programs for the 1974-75 season (my student days!), and the covers show Brown wearing the white sweaters at home. Nevertheless, there may have been an occasion when the host school requested that Brown wore white while they wore dark.

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                                I vote for the Boston Arena when Brown played Northeastern on 2/12/75. Any contrary opinions?
                                I was thinking exactly the same thing. The photo looks a lot like the old, dingy Boston Arena (before the renovations).
                                Last edited by Euler18; 07-12-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X