Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I would agree with Burgie but would add that 3-0 does not show how well Brown played overall.

Brown just could not finish on their rushes. Time after time a Brown player outskated RPI, leaving them in the proverbial dust with their stickhandling. Brown actually should have had a lot more shots on goals but lost the puck close to th net before getting a shot off. RPI was completely frustrated by Brown throughout the night and had few quality shots. I don't think RPI was looking ahead to Yale but rather was being outplayed by Brown.

Officiating was OK. The second call on Harry which resulted in a power play goal could have been ignored. I think the ref realized that too as shortly later there was a call against RPI which was not deserved other than to even it up.

Burgie, does York always wander around the way he was when mcClellan was called for the penaltywhen he ran into him? Looked reckless to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Final Four of Yale, Union, RPI and Brown.
    Love how you gloss over Happy Harry Z's hat trick - three bone-headed penalties (including hitting York over the head after a glove save) resulting in two RPI PPGs. Then again, that's par for the course for the molester. Once again, he looked more than a little reckless to me. Nighty night.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-28-2011, 10:26 PM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Love how you gloss over Happy Harry Z's hat trick - three bone-headed penalties (including hitting York over the head after a glove save) resulting in two RPI PPGs. Then again, that's par for the course for the molester. Once again, he looked more than a little reckless to me. Nighty night.
      You are as much a molester as Harry is.

Assuming, of course, that you aren't a molester, which isn't a guarantee these days given the lack of security on internet forums like these.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        You are as much a molester as Harry is.

Assuming, of course, that you aren't a molester, which isn't a guarantee these days given the lack of security on internet forums like these.
        Kdiff - Just put him on your ignore list.

Comment

The 3-0 score last night was not indicative of how this game was at all. Sounded like Brown owned 2 of the 3 periods. Tough loss, but the Bears are getting closer. I can see them making a huge leap forward next year.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Harry Z. feature article in ProJo

Haven't seen anyone else mention the terrific feature (page 1 of the Sports section) in yesterday's Prov. Journal about Harry. The online article doesn't include the two photos that were in the printed newspaper. Great notice for No. 9's prodigious talent and his dominance this year.

http://www.projo.com/brown/content/d...v2.b29a82.html

Comment

Opportunity to pick up two points on Clarkson, who lost in OT to Princeton at home. With a somewhat odd week - Wednesday/Friday - coming up, it would be nice to get something going - doubt that Union will come in with the post-Yale hangover, but the first period could be quite telling.

Hope the Bears stay out of the box, get up early, and keep the pucks where Clemente can see them. Zero-point weekends aren't going to get them playing at home.

Comment

Anyone else having a crap internet stream of tonight's game from Union? I'm getting mostly a frozen screen and sound. Don't they have game announcrs? no play by play, just ambient crowd noise.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                  Anyone else having a crap internet stream of tonight's game from Union? I'm getting mostly a frozen screen and sound. Don't they have game announcrs? no play by play, just ambient crowd noise.
                  I think DeFilippo started, based on the live stats.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                    Yep. Waste of $6, both because of the quality (or lack thereof) of the feed and the way the game is going.

Comment

Back from Achilles - Tough loss tonight but with 7 freshmen in the lineup it was an interesting game. First period Brown played well. Of course, a penalty is taken and U scores. Brown's D played well. Second period wasn't as bad as it appeared. First U goal was scored off a bad line change and the next two after some dumb mistakes by Brown. Third period Brown kept coming and farnham could have had one more after scoring the second goal.

Couple of comments - I was surprised by DeFilippo starting. I thought Mike C played well when he was tested last night. Defilippo was pulled when it became clear he was too slow in in the nets. he needs to develop some quickness to really be counted on. Carrier is the real deal - smooth skater and sees the ice real well with good anticpation. Jack M was clearly the guy U was watching closely. Harry Z just never stops skating. I don't know what the ejection was for but appeared he said something to the ref.

I still think Brown can get a home playoff in first round and get to AC. Clemente will be the key. I am not sure what Brendan's take on his play is and will be.

Comment

Not a good weekend, but not surprising given the opponents. We need to rebound against Harvard and Dartmouth and finish strong so we get home ice in the playoffs.

Comment

Disappointing to say the least. I thought Union would let down a bit and Brown would be fired up to play another ranked opponent. Too bad, goodbye home ice.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

The entire game vs. RPI is up for streaming on our website in high quality. Thanks to anyone who watched us live via AmericaOne (and sorry for their sub-par service/quality, nothing we can do about that).

http://www.rpitv.org/productions/360...ockey-vs-brown
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              Yep. Waste of $6, both because of the quality (or lack thereof) of the feed and the way the game is going.
                              Fill in the complaint/help form at the website and they will credit the money back to you. That's what I did.

Comment

In checking the Brown sports website to see if Wednesday's game will be broadcast, I noticed that this past weekend's games were not available on the audio side. But, the 2 BB games were. I trust the day is coming soon that when there is a conflict between BB and Hockey, the hockey game will be the first priority.

Also, I have never viewed the videocast. In noting Kdiff's problem this past weekend, have others had the same problem this season or was it just a bad feed. While I like Mike R on the audio, I have been thinking of trying the video, especially for Clarkson and Princeton,

Comment

Working...
                                X