Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

It's always great to beat Harvard! Hope they can back it up with a win at Dartmouth to get some momentum going.

Comment

We looked good for the first period and part of the second tonight, but then we just collapsed and started playing sluggish, sloppy hockey. Bright spots: DiFilippo did look good in net, and Maclellan kept his point streak going with an assist.

Comment

Jack Mac has been nominated for the Hobey Baker award!!! Vote here:

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/

Obviously, his chances of winning are slim, but it'd be nice if he got an impressive percentage of votes, so I hope everyone will go out and vote to show him how much we appreciate him for carrying this offense (after all, the team has 52 goals and he's contributed on 25 of them).

Comment

Coming up to the game on Sunday, would like to sit on the blue line in the Brown goalies end, anyone know which section of the reserved seats that may be at Meehan, Thanks in advance for any help. If anyone is coming down to New Haven on Saturday and needs anything, or has any questions, please let me know. I would not count on tickets at the door, only standing room left on the Yale ticket website..
          Last edited by LTsatch; 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Coming up to the game on Sunday, would like to sit on the blue line in the Brown goalies end, anyone know which section of the reserved seats that may be at Meehan, Thanks in advance for any help. If anyone is coming down to New Haven on Saturday and needs anything, or has any questions, please let me know. I would not count on tickets at the door, only standing room left on the Yale ticket website..
            It doesn't matter what tickets you buy, you can sit wherever. However, if you're really adamant on sitting in your assigned seat, then you want sections D, E, K, X, R, or Y. D, E, and K are on the side which usually houses both Brown students and visiting fans, but as students don't go back for another two weeks, you won't be surrounded by vicious Brown students in any of those sections (not that you would be anyway). X, R, and Y are on the Brown season ticket holder side, so you might get heckled by Euler18 and his cronies should you choose to sit there; I would not advise it . Most visiting fans sit in sections A, B, C, H, or I, which is at the other end of the side on which the student section is located (and upon which the visiting bench is located). Here's a seating chart so you can decide for yourself (Brown defends the end marked BB in the 1st and 3rd periods).

http://www.brownbears.com/tickets/MHOK0910

Best wishes for a good, solid weekend of hockey!

Comment

Thanks a million Kdiff!!! I ended up grabbing a couple of GA's in Section "K". I like to sit up high and it should work out. Should be a fun travel day, West Haven Ct to UConn to return my daughter and then to Providence and back home. I said it after the first meeting this year that Brown gave Yale a heck of a time and the score of the game did not reflect the actual battle that it was. Make sure you put nametags on those guys I should watch out for Good luck this weekend!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Thanks a million Kdiff!!! I ended up grabbing a couple of GA's in Section "K". I like to sit up high and it should work out. Should be a fun travel day, West Haven Ct to UConn to return my daughter and then to Providence and back home. I said it after the first meeting this year that Brown gave Yale a heck of a time and the score of the game did not reflect the actual battle that it was. Make sure you put nametags on those guys I should watch out for Good luck this weekend!
                One other quick question, parking? gonna be headed to 95 south after the game. Thanks again.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

No problem, happy to help out a fellow fan (even an Eli).

As for parking, I have only this to say: good luck! If you get there really early, there should be ample parking on the streets surrounding Meehan, and I doubt it'll be a very well-attended event since it's a Sunday afternoon with no students and the Patriots playing at the same time, so you should be ok. But as for a lot, there really aren't any right around the rink except for the one down the street at the Stevensen Field Complex (and I'm not sure if that one is open to the public; I've been parking on the streets for almost 20 years).

Comment

Unlike Yale, Brown doesn't sell out, and with students still away, there should be plenty of seats. Just don't sit in section W, which is reserved for special Brown supporters and contributors, and ruled with an iron fist by an intimidating and sometimes loud Brown professor.
                    Last edited by Euler18; 01-13-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Thought you guys might be interested to know that Aaron Volpatti was called up by Vancouver and is currently playing in their game against the Rangers. On MSG in the NYC area if you're interested in tuning in.
                      APBWiki

Comment

LTsatch
                        Take 95 to 195 to Gano Street exit--go left at the end of the ramp, and then at the light go right onto Gano Street which becomes Taber
                        Left on Lloyd and you get to Meehan in 3 blocks--it will be on the left at Hope and Lloyd

Just park on Lloyd

There won't be many people at the game--there never are plus the Patriots are playing and that is an obsession around here and will pull away some who would go just to se ethe #1 team in the country

It is nothing like the Whale in terms of crowds. My brother in law lives in Guilford and we go to the odd game in New Haven. It is unbelievable what your new coach has done with Yale's team. The atmosphere there is excellent which has to help recruiting. Brown's atmosphere is not great so it's a recruiting disadvantage,

I saw Yale play last year at the NCAA's in Worcester and again on TV this year against Union and they have an offensive juggernaut and a D that feeds them nicely. If you had a great goalie--like say the kid Beaudry at PC (I am a PC man at heart but have been migrating to Brown because they are more fun to watch of late)--then you would have a legit chance to win the NCAA this year.

What has made me a convert to Brown is the skill of some of their players. That's the fun of watching hockey anyway--skilled players as opposed to trap teams and the like. We have a guy on Brown--#27--who is as skilled as anyone in the country.

Best of luck to Yale (but not tomorrow). Brown could win this game with a very big defensive effort but it is a long shot because Yale is one of the only tyeams in the east anyway with 4 real lines. Most teams have 2 at most and that is a problem in back to back game situations.

Comment

Brown wins today, without a doubt.

Brown 4
                          Yale* 2

With the Pats game going on at the same time, this could be the smallest crowd ever at Meehan. Too bad
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            No problem, happy to help out a fellow fan (even an Eli).

As for parking, I have only this to say: good luck! If you get there really early, there should be ample parking on the streets surrounding Meehan, and I doubt it'll be a very well-attended event since it's a Sunday afternoon with no students and the Patriots playing at the same time, so you should be ok. But as for a lot, there really aren't any right around the rink except for the one down the street at the Stevensen Field Complex (and I'm not sure if that one is open to the public; I've been parking on the streets for almost 20 years).
                            The Stevenson Field lot will be open. The lot outside Meehan and the Pitz is pretty crammed with the ongoing construction and repairs being made on top of the Pizzitola- parking on Hope and Lloyd will be okay, but kind of tight with the snowbanks.

I'm hoping a few stout souls make it out to the game, regardless of the Pats. After all, this game will end when the Patriots game is at about halftime, depending on how many stoppages there are.

Comment

Brown played well for the first two periods yesterday, they seemed to tire in the third. Your goalie played well also. Refs did not help either team, but when Yale gets the advantage in power plays, they usually take advantage. The scary thing is that Yale really is not clicking on all cylinders and have some improvements to make, especially with regard to passing on the pp.

Thanks for all of the advice , it is greatly appreciated!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Sorry we won't be joining you at Brown, Ltsatch - should be a great game. Save travels and GO BLUE!
                                Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
                                X