Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Congratulations to Brown fans on a revitalized program

I am a long timer PC fan who has been going to fewer and fewer PC games in recent years, and will try to make some Brown games because they are fun to watch

I was visiting a friend in Clinton NY this weekend and we drove over Friday to see Brown Colgate

Brown was very impressive

Thehy skate hard, move the puck well and have a great power play

Number 27 McClellan is very poised and skilled.

Oddly enough best player on Colgate was introduced as from Providence

Brown is no fluke. I see them finishing in top 4 in the ECAC this year and possibly the top 2 especially with Cornell in a down year. I hear Yale is very good. I remember when this league was all Harvard and Cornell

The Mayor's Cup on December 7th will be very interesting. I see Brown winning that one and I may actually pull for them as I like the style of play. They play loose and don't seem afraid of making mistakes

Comment

I saw some of the Colgate game the following day on the NHL On The Fly channel. The boys did look good....especially on the power play. I couldn't believe how well they were moving the puck around with tremendous confidence and attacking the net. Great to hear there was no let down in the second game against Cornell and they finished off the sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by czeckthebody View Post
        Congratulations to Brown fans on a revitalized program

I am a long timer PC fan who has been going to fewer and fewer PC games in recent years, and will try to make some Brown games because they are fun to watch
        We always want more fans. Welcome aboard!! Will you bring Jon?

Comment

KEN SCHOTTS' WEEKLY COLUMN ON COLLEGE HOCKEY APPEARING TODAY IN THE SCHENECTADY GAZETTE IS A GOOD ONE FOR BRUNO. HE HAS BROWN AS THE TEAM OF THE WEEK IN THE ECAC AND JACK M AS PLAYER OF THE WEEK IN THE ECAC. AS SEVERAL OF YOU KNOW, KEN IS A VERY ASTUTE COMMENTATOR ON ALL THINGS ECAC AND BY NO MEANS IS A UNION PARTISAN. HIS WEEKLY COLUMN IS WORTH THE READ. A LINK TO TODAY'S COLUMN IS BELOW:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...010-11-week-7/

Comment

We also get the weekly "Stick Salute" on INCH and one vote in the USCHO.com poll. Not a bad week for the Bears!

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...irstshift_090/

Comment

What a great string of results! Blowing a two-goal lead in the waning moments of a game in one of the most intimidating venues in the country against #6 is nothing to be ashamed of. Let's hope we can keep it up against #2 BU this weekend, and against two ranked teams (Union and RPI) at home next weekend.

Comment

Brown played a great game tonight. UNH was fortunate to escape with a tie. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  What a great string of results! Blowing a two-goal lead in the waning moments of a game in one of the most intimidating venues in the country against #6 is nothing to be ashamed of. Let's hope we can keep it up against #2 BU this weekend, and against two ranked teams (Union and RPI) at home next weekend.
                  Thanks for the props, but the Whit isn't what it used to be, especially on a Tuesday night before Thanksgiving.

Your team looked very impressive. Fast, physical, and composed. They made some good adjustments in the first intermission and it showed. Entertaining hockey game, and Ill take a tie after playing from behind for so long,

Good luck the rest of the year, unless we run into each other in Manchester...
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

I caught the tail end of the broadcast on Tuesday on 790. Mike said it best when he said "Who would've predicted coming into the rink of the #6 team in the nation and being disappointed by a tie?" Remember that this is a UNH team that took it to BU last weekend during a split.

On paper, lining up the positions, BU is head and shoulders over Brown. The resume of Jack Parker's team stands alone. They have players still on the roster that won a National Championship 2 years ago, and Kieran Millan looks more solid this year after a rough patch last year. Despite a couple of tough outings, Millan has kept BU in games when he's had to. Behind him is Grant Rollheiser, who honestly might end up being better than the incumbent by year's end. And, any time you have a coach the caliber of Parker behind the bench, it's like facing college hockey's Vince Lombardi.

BUT (and extra emphasis on this point), Brown has proven nobody can sleep on them. On paper, there are about 20 reasons why BU should win this game. I find one very large reason why Brown *can* win this game - determination. Whittet will have this team up for this game. And since it's Thanksgiving Weekend, the crowd will not be a typical BU crowd. Had this been a Saturday night game during a typical weekend, the crowd would be a lot more packed, a lot more drunk, and a lot louder. Without the students on campus, it will likely be busy but not typical. Don't discount the effect this will have.
                    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

And if you're looking for a semi-interesting subplot, Ben Rosen is playing defense for BU. He's the younger brother of former Bear goalie Dan Rosen. If memory serves right, Ben had committed to Brown and de-committed to attend BU.

Feel free to correct me on that one, but it would make for an interesting story if nothing else.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                        And if you're looking for a semi-interesting subplot, Ben Rosen is playing defense for BU. He's the younger brother of former Bear goalie Dan Rosen. If memory serves right, Ben had committed to Brown and de-committed to attend BU.

Feel free to correct me on that one, but it would make for an interesting story if nothing else.
                        That's all correct, except Rosen now plays center instead of D.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                          And since it's Thanksgiving Weekend, the crowd will not be a typical BU crowd. Had this been a Saturday night game during a typical weekend, the crowd would be a lot more packed, a lot more drunk, and a lot louder. Without the students on campus, it will likely be busy but not typical. Don't discount the effect this will have.
                          Coming off a victory at Lynah and a near-victory at Lake Whittemore, I'm not sure how effected by crowd noise this team is. But it certainly can't hurt. Anyone who is free Saturday night and in the area should drive up to go support the boys; it'd be great to have a nice visiting crowd, especially at a place like BU. You can never overestimate the effect vocal support can have on a team.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            Coming off a victory at Lynah and a near-victory at Lake Whittemore, I'm not sure how effected by crowd noise this team is. But it certainly can't hurt. Anyone who is free Saturday night and in the area should drive up to go support the boys; it'd be great to have a nice visiting crowd, especially at a place like BU. You can never overestimate the effect vocal support can have on a team.
                            It would be nice to get support - the tickets are being packaged to sell more with the women's game ahead of it, so it would make for a nice Saturday on Comm Ave. The BU women's team is really good and entertaining to watch, and they're playing Princeton that afternoon.

If you're coming to the area, there are great eateries and drinkeries on Comm Ave by the arena. The tickets are also less expensive than the average BU game. I believe BU games usually sell for 30-35 per seat, and these were last seen below 30. Great deal to watch some hockey in one helluva arena.

USCHO calls it 4-3 BU in a tight game.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

For those Bruno fans who are making the Beantown trip, I'd love to meet you. Drop me an email if you like: ECACWriter@USCHO.com. Looking forward to watching BU underestimate Brown...should be fun.

Comment

Six of a possible eight points Colgate, Cornell, UNH, BU......not bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X