Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

I'll have pics for you in next week's column. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
      I agree. The classic look of the new Brown sweaters will be an improvement. The new sweaters respect the fact that the colors of Brown University are brown and cardinal red, NOT black!!! I particularly like the away model.

Only fifteen days to the opener at Yale. For those who are interested, Brown will play a practice game at Harvard next weekend.
      I always liked the Brown road jersey. I'm thrilled that the USCHO fan shop jersey isn't going to be seen on the ice. It looks like a Disney On Ice prop.

Anyone go to fanfest? Good attendance?
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

New uniforms look cool, lots of kids on the ice with the two (men's & women's) teams.

Comment

Brown will play a practice game at Harvard this Saturday @ 7:00pm, arranged by coaches Whittet and Donato. This is not an exhibition game. Last year Harvard came to Brown. This year Brown is returning the favor.

Comment

Is that scrimmage open to the public?

Comment

Brown played a spirited "practice" game at Harvard last night, dominating the play for long stretches and defeating the Crimson 3-2 in overtime.

Though there's still quite a bit of work to be done before playing Yale at Ingalls next Friday, last night's game was a good indication of what the improved Bears should be able to do this season. By and large the veteran players fulfilled expectations while several of the freshmen demonstrated that they'll be able to contribute immediately.

Among the veterans, Jack Maclellan, Chris Zaires, Jeff Buvinow and Bobby Farnham played a particularly strong game. Those of us who follow Brown hockey are well aware of Jack's, Chris's and Jeff's talent, but Farnham's game appears to have taken a quantum leap as he's learned to use his great speed more effectively.

Seven freshmen dressed for the game. In particular, Jake Goldberg seemed very comfortable on the first line, with Maclellan and Zaires, and scored the first goal of the game. Defenseman Matt Wahl played a smooth, mistake-free game. Despite an occasional mistake, defenseman Dennis Robertson was solid. His strength and heavy shot are assets. He scored the winning goal on a shot from the left circle.

Three talented first-years were unable to play: forwards Mike Jouola and Mike Borge due to injuries, and Marc-Antoine Carrier due to illness. These three freshmen should be back in the lineup pretty soon. The Bears are a little thin at the center position right now, so the return of Borge and Juola will be a plus. Though small, Carrier is an outstanding defenseman, who adds great skating ability, mobility and hockey sense to the defensive corps.

Brown used three goaltenders. Sophomore Anthony Borelli allowed two goals in the first period. Freshman Marco De Fillippo was solid in the relatively quiet second period. Junior Mike Clemente was outstanding in the third period, on a couple of occasions making the kind of outstanding saves that we've become accustomed to seeing from him.

Of course Yale isn't Harvard. The Elis are the best team in the league and arguably contenders for the national championship. Next Friday's game will be a good test of what the young Bears will be able to accomplish this year.
              Last edited by Euler18; 10-25-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I noticed and was pleasantly surprised that the Friday and Saturday games are being broadcast over the internet. I trust Mike and Jack are back?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                  I noticed and was pleasantly surprised that the Friday and Saturday games are being broadcast over the internet. I trust Mike and Jack are back?
                  I can see that we have audio. Does anyone know if there will be any video over the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy66 View Post
                    I can see that we have audio. Does anyone know if there will be any video over the internet?
                    Don't think there is video - there wasn't any for the road broadcasts last year.
                    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

FYI, Chris Garner auction (UMD equipment manager's medical bills) includes a Brown gameworn - Vanderlinden white - http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/m...gi?oberman2/29

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                        Don't think there is video - there wasn't any for the road broadcasts last year.
                        I have the Yale All-Access package, which includes ALL M/W Hockey @ home, plus home football,etc.
                        I am quite certain that you can buy individual games by going onto Yale's athletic website: www.yalebulldogs.com
                        Good luck. Yaledoc.

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                          I have the Yale All-Access package, which includes ALL M/W Hockey @ home, plus home football,etc.
                          I am quite certain that you can buy individual games by going onto Yale's athletic website: www.yalebulldogs.com
                          Good luck. Yaledoc.
                          I'm pretty sure that Yale is a B2/America One school. With that, a Brown broadcast would pick up the Yale video with the Brown audio. I may be way off on that, but thought that was one of the perks of having multiple schools on the same network.

Pretty excited to return to the scene of the crime. I expect Yale to come out flying... and how Brown counters that intensity and speed will be critical. Now if we could just get some late fall weather here in New England...

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that Yale is a B2/America One school. With that, a Brown broadcast would pick up the Yale video with the Brown audio. I may be way off on that, but thought that was one of the perks of having multiple schools on the same network.

Pretty excited to return to the scene of the crime. I expect Yale to come out flying... and how Brown counters that intensity and speed will be critical. Now if we could just get some late fall weather here in New England...
                            Not a fan of 70-degree days in late October?

Go Bears!!!

Comment

I AM a fan of 70-degree weather in late October..... that's why I live in
                              Scottsdale. ROTFL...... Go Bulldogs!!!!!

Comment

Brendan's pre-season interview video has been posted on Facebook at brown Hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X