Frozen Four fan jersey Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four fan jersey Sightings

Harvard and Providence were apparently the missing two.

My favorite sighting might have been the UCLA sweater. Their club team, I presume.

I also saw one from one of the Ivies (Yale IIRC), that was an actual knitted sweater, pretty cool.

Homer a bit, but I did enjoy seeing all the old RIT sweaters as well. E.g., trying to guess which year they were from. Maybe I should have dug out my really ugly worn out one from the early '80s! Instead, I wore one of the new ones and had several people ask about getting their own (that was fun).

I really enjoy seeing all the different fans at the FF. If only my row 5 seat had been near the ice!!!
    -M

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      all but harvard and pc i heard (apparently there is a hockey rast trade in the work that has these two pulled from playing any games until finalized.)
      PC no longer plays D1 hockey

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        56 jerseys, who were the two missing?
        Harvard and Providence.

I saw the display first-thing when walking in Thursday and (being pretty anal) counted them. Using all my mental powers to deduce that 56 (on display) <> 58 (# Div-I men's teams), I ran through all leagues/teams until I figured out who was missing. I started with Atlantic Hockey and actually did them twice because I couldn't believe the missing two weren't from there (sorry AH). Of course, I went CHA next, then WCHA next, then CCHA, so I had to go through the whole shootin' match before coming across HU and PC.

Next year I'll bring a camera and try to get pics of every different jersey.

Someone actually saw an AI jersey?!?! I looked everywhere, but didn't go to the on-field bleachers. I also only made one pass per day in the lower stands during the intermissions.

Comment

Originally posted by glazewsr View Post
          Someone actually saw an AI jersey?!?!
          SO BITTER!!!
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

On "Friday night at the Frozen Four" my wife and I saw a guy in an old style Iowa State jersey. They have a club hockey team in the ACHA and we've been to a couple of their games. So, we thought that was really cool.

Comment

There was a Grand Valley State jersey there on Thursday.
              MICHIGAN STATE
              1966:1986:2007

Comment

I saw a Wyoming jersey, which I thought was a fake(meaning a jersey for a school that has no team like Miami fla.), but then saw 2 guys with Wyoming hockey hats. Didn't get to talk to them.
                sievesievesievesievesievesievesieve

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesy McCheeser View Post
                  I saw a Wyoming jersey, which I thought was a fake(meaning a jersey for a school that has no team like Miami fla.), but then saw 2 guys with Wyoming hockey hats. Didn't get to talk to them.
                  The USA Hockey Tier II Women's championships were in East Lansing this weekend and "Team Wyoming" participated in the U-16 division. A new hockey hotbed?
                  MICHIGAN STATE
                  1966:1986:2007

Comment

My tally:

CCHA - All 12 teams.

WCHA - Everyone but Mankato, who I didn't even see a shirt for.

Hockey East - Everyone but UMass, who I did see a couple of shirts for.

ECAC - Lots of RPI and Cornell, only saw one Clarkson which made me sad. Also saw Brown, Union, and Yale. Saw some Colgate and Princeton shirts. Harvard was the only former national champion I didn't see (which didn't surprise me), very surprised to not see any SLU jerseys.

Atlantic Hockey - RIT obviously, UConn (which surprised the hell out of me), Army, and Holy Cross. Saw Air Force and Canisius represented otherwise. I suspect the rumored AIC jersey was really a Sarnia Sting jersey.

CHA - All of them but UAH, which I strained to find and didn't see any.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      SO BITTER!!!
                      You've been STUNG....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        You've been STUNG....
                        I have and I am a Grumpy Pants over it. I've been robbed.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          You've been STUNG....
                          Hey, that's my line!
                          And if we die, before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad, we were super rad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
                            Hey, that's my line!
                            Timing is everything.

Comment

Every Jersey in College D-I Mens Hockey...

Just for Dirty... This is something I posted at another site a few weeks ago when I FINALLY obtained an AIC jersey. The last jersey needed for my game worn college collection. Enjoy -

Ryan J

-----
                              I started collecting jerseys in the mid-1990s with a couple Michigan Tech jerseys that I purchased directly from the team. After I graduated from college and had a little spending money, I started acquiring pro jerseys of former MTU players. While I still do this today, the increasing number of jerseys available from most pro teams caused this aspect of my collection to lose a bit of the "thrill of the chase".

So I went on a search to try and acquire a jersey from all ten of the WCHA (NCAA) teams. It took a couple years, but generally with the offer of a fair amout of money all of the teams became available. But a few years ago I was inspired by another huge collge hockey fan from out West to try and acquire a jersey from ALL of the current Div-I hockey programs. (NOTE: When I started this quest there were 59, but with the loss of Wayne State there are now only 58.)

Well after almost 4 years of searching, #58 of 58 arrived in the mail this month. Not BC or BU, no not even traditional tough gets like Army, Wisconsin or Colorado College held up my goal, but a school likely most of you have never even heard of - American International College of Springfield, MA. Hopefully I'll get a group shot of the complete set together in the near future (plus the couple defunct programs I've acquired as well Northern Arizona, Wayne State, Findlay, Kent State) but for now, I present to you #58 and the end of one long road in the hobby of game worn jersey collecting.

The full collection can be viewed at www.johnsonsjerseys.net

Number 58 out of 58
                              American International College of Springfield, MA
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X