BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

OK, boys and girls.....1 more game, a rematch of the 2006 Championship game...

Thoughts, comments, predictions, even a little smack....have at it....

It should be a pretty evenly matched game (that's what we thought about the semi's, didn't we?) and I think first goal is going to be huge again....

Prediction????
    a nail biter...tight game till late in the 3rd, with Bucky getting the go ahead goal, and then adding an empty netter to win 4-2...

Geoffrion winning MOP to go along with his Hobey.....

GO BUCKY !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rand; 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM. Reason: Just a title change.
    In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
    "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Wisconsin has the horses, but BC is too deep. Their speed and skill through the line-up is unmatched. BC wins a close one with an unexpected hero scoring the winner. (my guess would be Almeida or S. Whitney)

I do think Wisconsin has looked strong and they will play BC tough, but they don't have the depth to beat BC for 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
      Wisconsin has the horses, but BC is too deep. Their speed and skill through the line-up is unmatched. BC wins a close one with an unexpected hero scoring the winner. (my guess would be Almeida or S. Whitney)

I do think Wisconsin has looked strong and they will play BC tough, but they don't have the depth to beat BC for 60 minutes.

This is going to be a battle between two very good teams. The winner will be determined by heart and puck luck. To say Wisconsin doesn’t have BCs depth is ridicules.
      Last edited by GoBucky; 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM.
      Wisconsin Badgers
      NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Bucky Bucky Gonna get lucky Badgers 4 - 3

Comment

Depth is one of Wisconsin's greatest strengths...

Comment

I like the looks of Wisc. but one thing I've learned over the years: never underestimate BC...
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Not sure what kind of crack you're smoking, but Wisconsin's biggest strength all season has been depth. All four lines can fly and all four lines can score. If BC beats Wisconsin, it is on goaltending and goaltending alone.
              Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post

Not sure what kind of crack you're smoking, but Wisconsin's biggest strength all season has been depth. All four lines can fly and all four lines can score. If BC beats Wisconsin, it is on goaltending and goaltending alone.
                Agreed...Goody didn't face a lot of shots against RIT, so it's a coin toss as to how he'll play...

...then again, Muse didn't face a lot of pressure, either...
                In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas

Comment

Not even going to bother with predictions since I was horribly wrong elsewhere.

Wonder how much flack this is going to get me?

GO BC
                  "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                    Agreed...Goody didn't face a lot of shots against RIT, so it's a coin toss as to how he'll play...

I thought Goody looked a little jumpy, especially at the beginning of the game. Hopefully, the first game settled his nerves. We need him to come up big.

Comment

It seems like we play BC every few years in the NCAA's!

To my recollection, it has been one sided (going back to 1990 that I can recall). Does anyone have the lifetime records of the two teams, head to head (regular season and NCAA's?).

I like the Badgers chances, but these are two fantastic teams, and this sets up to be a great final.

Comment

Saw DU play both of these teams. Wisconsin is the better team. DU beat BC 4-3 in the Denver Cup with a come from behind 4-goal, 20 shot outburst in the 3rd period. They can be had and I am sure Gwoz has offered up the tape of that game to Eaves, his old team mate. SLU beat BC in the opening game of the tourney 5-2. In January then #1 DU played two nail-biters with then #3 Wisconsin in Madison in the regular season with a 3-3 tie and 4-3 loss. The then #3 Badgers blew out then #1 DU 6-3 in the consolation game of the WCHA playoffs. My money is on the Badgers in this one.
                        Last edited by du78; 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by DCBadger View Post
                          It seems like we play BC every few years in the NCAA's!

To my recollection, it has been one sided (going back to 1990 that I can recall). Does anyone have the lifetime records of the two teams, head to head (regular season and NCAA's?).

I like the Badgers chances, but these are two fantastic teams, and this sets up to be a great final.
                          I believe (but could be wrong) I read somewhere that BC holds an 11-9-0 edge over Wisconsin overall, but that Wisconsin holds the better record in the NCAA's...

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post

Coin toss? 20-4-4 and a 2.27 GAA Not quite sure why people aren't comfortable with this guy in net. He may not be the top goalie to ever come through Wisconsin, but I think we need to give him a bit more credit than a coin toss.

Comment

In Mitchell I Trust!!!

(Wow, didn't think I'd be saying that back in January).

Comment

Working...
                              X