Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Originally posted by Mook Williams View Post
    This one will not be competitive. Right now the Hockey East level of play, for a variety of reasons, is far superior to any other conference. You guys barely beat our 8th place team, for Pete's sake.
    Thank you for opening my eyes... rest of Hockey East went 1-2 in NCAA tournament including loss to RIT. I guess my definition of "superior" is a bit different.

Vermont finished 3 points from tie for 3rd in Hockey East... and they beat New Hampshire 2 out of 3 in Hockey East tourney... clearly a very poor team

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Nut View Post
      You said it right there. Badgers veteran team beats a talented young team 5-2.
      Um, wasn't that Miami team more experienced than this year's BC team? (Honest question - it feels like they are, what with being a minute away from the title last year, and with everything I heard about them during the year.)
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

I'm sorry, but how many players on your team have rings?

Your coach has how many national titles under his belt? Tournament victories?

How many times has BC been to the Frozen Four in the last 4 years?
        It seems going to the final 4 and losing often, as Boston teams have done so well, is something to hang the hat upon. Wisconsin has made two final fours in the last five years with one title in hand, and a second likely to be awarded Saturday night. BC makes it to the final four four times with one title. Sounds like a lot of losing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hincha View Post
          Thank you for opening my eyes... rest of Hockey East went 1-2 in NCAA tournament including loss to RIT. I guess my definition of "superior" is a bit different.

Vermont finished 3 points from tie for 3rd in Hockey East... and they beat New Hampshire 2 out of 3 in Hockey East tourney... clearly a very poor team

You do realize that you are anchoring an argument to UNH in the postseason? Try again.
          Last edited by Mook Williams; 04-09-2010, 10:11 AM. Reason: just because
          See you over at Eagleaction.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
            It seems going to the final 4 and losing often, as Boston teams have done so well, is something to hang the hat upon. Wisconsin has made two final fours in the last five years with one title in hand, and a second likely to be awarded Saturday night. BC makes it to the final four four times with one title. Sounds like a lot of losing to me.

The NCAA regular season and playoff record books since 1998 strongly support your position that BC has done a "lot of losing" in recent years. As does BC's all time NCAA tournament record.

I'm sure there are 58 or 59 other NCAAH teams that would LOVE to have BC's kind of "losing," right?

Comment

Just chiming in... I think BC has an advantage on speed... but I will be cheering (HARD!) for Bucky and the boys from Wisconsin!
              This space for rent... cheap!

Comment

You do realize that you are anchoring an argument to UNH in the postseason? Try again.
                You have yet to support your argument that Hockey East is "superior" to all other leagues.

Comment

The NCAA regular season and playoff record books since 1998 strongly support your position that BC has done a "lot of losing" in recent years. As does BC's all time NCAA tournament record.

I'm sure there are 58 or 59 other NCAAH teams that would LOVE to have BC's kind of "losing," right?
                  Given a choice, I'd bet they'd rather have Wisconsin's NCAA Tourney record....
                  In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
                  "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                    So, what you're saying is that Wisconsin doesn't lose much in the Frozen Four...because Wisconsin can't get to the Frozen Four?

Wow.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      Um, wasn't that Miami team more experienced than this year's BC team? (Honest question - it feels like they are, what with being a minute away from the title last year, and with everything I heard about them during the year.)
                      I would agree... I think the BC win is more impressive than the WI win vs RIT. I was expecting more from Miami at Frozen Four after they came so close to having title last year.

BC seems to be hot at the right time of the year.

Comment

No predictions from me. I'll leave it to the geniuses.

Comment

Agreed. BC said they wanted to make Miami play at an "uncomfortable pace" the whole game. They certainly did that. Wisconsin looked like an NHL team playing RIT but BC made the consistent number 1 team all year look like they were playing with sneakers on their feet instead of skates.

I love it . . . please keep the pro Wisconsin predictions coming.

This will make the beating that BC is going to put on Bucky even more enjoyable!

This one will not be competitive. Right now the Hockey East level of play, for a variety of reasons, is far superior to any other conference. You guys barely beat our 8th place team, for Pete's sake.

A cowardly dive from one of your top players won't do anything for you in this game, either.

But hey, good season, guys. You beat the 8th place Hockey East team by one goal, practically got a bye into the Frozen Four thanks to matching up with consistent NCAA tourney failures St. Cloud, and you took liberties all night long with a team of washed up old Canadians masquerading as Cinderella.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                            No predictions from me. I'll leave it to the geniuses.
                            Same here. I dun just ain't smart enuf to fingure out what the score gonna be.

Comment

I would agree... I think the BC win is more impressive than the WI win vs RIT. I was expecting more from Miami at Frozen Four after they came so close to having title last year.
                              I disagree with this. Miami seems to always be over rated, and although BC put up a ton of goals, I don't think they outplayed Miami by as much as the score showed.

I mean come on, how can you be proud of beating a hockey team from Florida?

Originally posted by Hincha
                              BC seems to be hot at the right time of the year.
                              This I will agree with. But the Badgers are also playing their best hockey of the year.

5-2 Wisconsin (ENG).

Comment

You have yet to support your argument that Hockey East is "superior" to all other leagues.

I was talking about the style of play between the conferences. You only need 2 eyeballs and a knowledge of hockey to witness that.

Comment

Working...
                                X