Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Authentic RIT Jerseys

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    Question would be do these jerseys have the Frozen Four Patch on them, if they do one would think RIT would auction those off...
    The information I got from Jeff Siegel was the following:

The home jerseys this year are being given as a gift to all of the players on the team to commemorate their accomplishments this season.

There were a few of the white home jerseys from last year left over that belonged to this years senior class. These were saved to give to them as a gift at the end of the season, but this is no longer happening. They were available for $175 and I believe the only one remaining as of Monday or Tuesday was Mazur's.

The players were being given the option to purchase the orange jersey with the patch for $250. After this they would be sold to the people on the list. From what I've heard, over half the team wants to purchase their orange jersey as well, and I know the list already has a fair number of people on it, so it looks like they're pretty much all claimed at this point.

Comment

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      The other part of this is that the first round of the playoffs will be done within those groups, that is the bottom four in each region will have a single-game elimination within that region. So not only will a team want to finish in the top four in the league, but it will want to be in the top two in its region.
      Do they then re-seed for the subsequent rounds? Boy, this is a little confusing... and quite un-balanced. Finishing in the top two in the West division will not be an easy task for anyone seing as how potentially 6 of the top 7 or 8 teams in the conference are all in the same division. Just about all of the West teams could finish in the top two in the East, easily. (at least based on the past coule of years' results)
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        Do they then re-seed for the subsequent rounds? Boy, this is a little confusing... and quite un-balanced. Finishing in the top two in the West division will not be an easy task for anyone seing as how potentially 6 of the top 7 or 8 teams in the conference are all in the same division. Just about all of the West teams could finish in the top two in the East, easily. (at least based on the past coule of years' results)
        EASTERN BIAS!
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

It's a horrible setup for scheduling, fairness, and playoff seeding. I guess travel cost containment was the #1 priority and to hell with everything else.
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Army and Sacred Heart would appear to have an advantage under the new scheduling system, although it's fortunately only a five-game difference.

Powers &8^]
            "...only five-game difference." is worth 10 points and could have had SHU tied with RIT atop the standings this season.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

The other part of this is that the first round of the playoffs will be done within those groups, that is the bottom four in each region will have a single-game elimination within that region. So not only will a team want to finish in the top four in the league, but it will want to be in the top two in its region.
              That's madness. I thought the division was for scheduling only. It shouldn't affect playoff match-ups at all.

Sure, I bet the eastern teams love it, but how'd they get this past the western teams?

Powers &8^]

Comment

So it is possible (however unlikely) that the 7th and 8th best teams in the standings could get a bye for the first-round of the playoffs??
                Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  Yes, they reseed if I understood the conversations in the Detroit Marriott bar correctly after a few beers... And now consider this possible scenario -- a team could get a bye in the first round, yet be on the road in the second round. Try explaining that to the casual fan of that team. Makes explaining the NCAA selection process seem easy...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Yes, they reseed if I understood the conversations in the Detroit Marriott bar correctly after a few beers... And now consider this possible scenario -- a team could get a bye in the first round, yet be on the road in the second round. Try explaining that to the casual fan of that team. Makes explaining the NCAA selection process seem easy...
                    Wish I was downstairs for that conversation...

Then I guess the question is why not just do divisions in the first place?
                    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                      Then I guess the question is why not just do divisions in the first place?
                      That was my feeling. But by then, I had another beer and couldn't frame the question...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        It was my understanding from the time the announcement of the expansion occurred that the league would be splitting in two for scheduling purposes only (not for standings): Air Force, Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, Canisius, Niagara, and RIT in one scheduling cluster and Army, Sacred Heart, AIC, Connecticut, Bentley, and Holy Cross in the other.
                        Powers &8^]
                        Is it me or are those clusters painfully unbalanced competitively speaking

Comment

Originally posted by NYTrojan View Post
                          They are...at least at this point in time. If they are going to do that I think they should give the top 2 for each division "auto bids" and then pick the rest at-large.
                          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Dan Ringwald is named to the USCHO second team:

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,18608/U...stTeamers.html
                            that is pretty awesome. i don't even think lambert got onto that list, though he did get hobey consideration.
                            i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by NYTrojan View Post
                              that is putting it nicely!

the two newcomers are by consensus expected to slot near the top of the conference already making it slightly unfair. but then consider that the group of RIT, Air Force, Mercyhurst, and Canisius had more wins (64) betweeen them than the group of Army, Sacred Heart, AIC, UConn, Bentley, and Holy Cross (56), even with Sacred Heart's very strong season. (edit: if you prefer points, the totals stand at 142-138 for the 4 and 6 cluster respectively)

so 4 teams with more wins than 6 teams are all put into the same cluster with the two challenging newcomers? i call shenanigans. but screw it, maybe the hockey pundits will actually take notice of this imbalance and we can actually get ranked when we win the conference again.
                              Last edited by dutchbrowncoat; 04-16-2010, 02:47 PM.
                              i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Do these two divisions in AHA smell like the future birth of two conferences from one to anyone else???

I would guess there would have to be at least two more teams to come along to make that happen, or perhaps this is some of the seeds of the rumored future shakeup of DI hockey conferences.

Or, I'm on my second beer and fabricating everything.

Great news on Ringwald. Any news on his next step? I had assumed he would have signed somewhere right away.
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X