Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    Awesome article! I had a blast cheering with you guys! A game between Miami and RIT would be awesome!!!
    Bring Miami to Blue Cross and a trip down to Miami would rock.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      I did notice that. Personally, I think the RIT job is as good if not better than Bowling Green's. BGSU may be in a bigger conference, but it would take a lot of work to get competitive in that league (not that Coach Wilson couldn't get the job done - no doubt he could). RIT is one of the big dogs in the AHA and has now shown that they CAN compete for Frozen Four trips.

Now if tOSU comes calling - they certainly could get to a top spot quicker with their resources.
      I would think that BG might be able to offer more money, maybe not. That, combined with the challenge of building up another brand new or struggling program could be seen as a stepping stone to an even better job. Just look at Jerry York for your example. Clarkson to BGSU to BC, each step arguably bigger until he reached the job he seems to have wanted with his alma mater. Of course, to quote Tom, I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        RIT fans getting some more love from The Miami Student today.

R! I! T!
        A quote from that article: "Unlike the Miami student section, the students from RIT were allowed – nay, encouraged – to stand the whole game."

Can someone clear this up for 'cause I'm not sure what this means. Are the Miami students really not allowed to stand? And if not, who doesn't allow them to? The school? The fans?

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
          I would think that BG might be able to offer more money, maybe not. That, combined with the challenge of building up another brand new or struggling program could be seen as a stepping stone to an even better job. Just look at Jerry York for your example. Clarkson to BGSU to BC, each step arguably bigger until he reached the job he seems to have wanted with his alma mater. Of course, to quote Tom, I may be wrong.
          I think Wilson has the job he wants. I just don't see him leaving RIT - even if it meant more money or a 'bigger university'. I remember reading a comment from him about how he had planned on being a division III coach when he took the job and that the move to DI was unexpected...

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
            A quote from that article: "Unlike the Miami student section, the students from RIT were allowed – nay, encouraged – to stand the whole game."

Can someone clear this up for 'cause I'm not sure what this means. Are the Miami students really not allowed to stand? And if not, who doesn't allow them to? The school? The fans?
            I think Ford Field was giving them a hard time because they were mixed amongst the crowd mostly. We were fortunate to be in our own section with alleviated the chance of complaints about us standing. Heck, the Wisconsin fans had security called on their fan section to make them sit down.
            e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

I wasn't in the Miami section, but I was up in the 200 level in the 6th row out of 7 with no one behind us and we were told to sit down before the starting lineups were finished. It was rather lame.

At The Goggin students stand anytime players are on the ice, they were just referring to Ford Field in that article.

Comment

The problem was that the RIT section was made up of all students primarily. While the MIami section wasn't The first 10 rows or so were students and there were a lot of older folks sitting behind them who didn't want to stand the whole game and called down security to make them sit down.

Anyways, just wanted to stop down and congratulate RIT on a great run. Your fan base was by far the bright spot of the weekend. They were the loudest of any of the fan bases and had some creative chants. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few make it to goggin next season.

Cool scene saturday night with the RIT and Miami students joinging into one and they were the loudest of anyone even of the two teams playing. Made it a fun night, so wanted to stop by and say thanks for their enthusiasm and congrats on a great year!
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I think Wilson has the job he wants. I just don't see him leaving RIT - even if it meant more money or a 'bigger university'. I remember reading a comment from him about how he had planned on being a division III coach when he took the job and that the move to DI was unexpected...
                  Yeah, but do you see Hills staying as an assistant or associate head coach for the long haul? I know he has ties to the area and RIT, but still, the day is coming.

Comment

Ahh, the memories...

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                    Coach! Coach! Coach! (I'm sure some of the older folks here remember when the corner was at the other end of the ice and we would cheer the coach as he walked past us to get to the bench? That was before the remodeling like 10 years ago. You see, back in my day, there was no netting, we would just get hit with pucks that went over the glass and give them to kids, and we would wear an onion pinned to our jerseys, as was the fashion in those days.)
                    Oooo, good and bad memories brought back with that post. Took a puck to the “bobos” one game while standing at the rail top of the corner. Fortunately, a low velocity shot. Didn’t give it to a kid, but instead offered it up to the girl I was with that night. Bad move... got me nowhere. Then again, after taking a puck to the crotch, it was probably going to be an uneventful night anyway. I learned that night... always give an acquired puck to a kid. Always.

With regard to “Coach! Coach! Coach!”, began my RIT Hockey “career” sitting up-front off the faceoff circle adjacent to the corner. Coach (Deventhal) would always accept our offering and take a pull of Swedish Fish on their way by to the bench.
                    Dave
                    RIT - '90

Comment

Nice article about Cameron Burt, posted on the Detroit Red Wings site

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console....id=-6&id=65556
                      Proud member of Smitty's ARMY

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                        Awesome article! I had a blast cheering with you guys! A game between Miami and RIT would be awesome!!!
                        A third-place game on Saturday afternoon would have been fantastic.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                          If you could have coaxed the Miami fans out of the hole most of us crawled into after BC didn't even have the courtesy to use some lube.

(I was one of the few there on Saturday for the record!)

Would have been pretty fun though.

Comment

MUhawks628, what section were you in? We were in 236 with the orange wig and jason mask....

Consi games SUCK.....been there, done that.
                            Last edited by erickuzniar; 04-13-2010, 10:06 PM.
                            Originally Posted by Cornell Fan WordsSayNothing: "RIT has an impressive fanbase. I wouldn't mind having them on my side."
                            2003-2004 ECAC West Pick'em Champ
                            2003 DIII Tournament of Posters Champ
                            2002-2003 DIII Last Person Standing Champ

Comment

Originally posted by erickuzniar View Post
                              MUhawks628, what section were you in? We were in 236 with the orange wig and jason mask....
                              Haha yeah we were sitting right next to each other, I was the one wearing a white Miami sweater with a Tigers hat on Thursday, and I think a black Miami shirt on Saturday. Small world

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                                I kinda doubt either team would've wanted to play after the results on Thursday.
                                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X