X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
    my thoughts on the weekend...
    - the rit chant for the full last minute thursday night was amazing. not sure who proposed that idea but i loved it, and it had to have picked up the spirits of the team knowing we were still behind them regardless of the scoreboard.

- i was glad to see both backup goalies take the ice, even if just for a few minutes. i think the fans loved it (and i am sure they did too, even if they didn't do so well) and it held with the RIT mantra of just having fun with the game and being glad to be there.

- i loved the miami fans, especially the fans that came to stand with us saturday night. i think i will have to root for miami anytime we aren't playing them. it was also nice to see a few other random fans (i remember michigan and even wisconsin in the mix) join in our section...glad to see that a few other fans were willing to stand and have some fun at the game.

- that being said, the rit fans at the very front of our section thursday night frustrated me. i think those seats were mostly alum, family, or older folk, but it was disappointing to see them all sitting and quiet. and the few obnoxious rit fans (looking at you viking hat) at the very front got me going too. they clearly did not know any chants or standard crew protocol and certainly did not help matters by yelling at the crew.
    Ill start with your first (-) mark and move down in order:

-You're welcome. But we will be behind that team till I lose some weight.

-haha being the guy that goes to every game wearing the 3rd string goalies jersey and getting the whole crowd behind him you are totally correct.

-the Miami fans were BRILLIANT! We loved them it was a great time sitting and shooting the (expletive deleted) with them. I am more then willing to jump that bandwagon whenever now!

-thank you so much for this comment, everyone behind those a-holes were cursing them out for being at that game for ESPN face time and not at all for supporting the team. When they came up to yell at us about how bad of fans we were we had to "politely" explain to them what being a fan was. I hope i see them around campus and can remember their faces
    R I T HOCKEY
    Atlantic Hockey Association Conference
    Regular Season Champions
    2007-2009-2010
    AHA Tournament Champions
    Frozen Four

"Were Loud and Obnoxious at hockey games!"
    Proud Corner Crew member

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      I know it's months away but anybody know when next years
      schedule comes out?
      TYPICALLY the schedule comes out in early to mid july (if I remember correctly). But teams start releasing schedules in May so we may be getting a pieced together schedule starting then. It will be interesting to see the AHA scheduling with 12 teams now. I know there are 27 conference games and up to 7 non-conference games (which we already know, but I am too lazy to dig up at this point).
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I wonder if some of the more prestigious teams that wouldn't have given us the time of day in the past might be willing to play us in OOC games this year? I hope our appearance in Detroit helped get us at least a little respect for our scheduling purposes.
        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
          I wonder if some of the more prestigious teams that wouldn't have given us the time of day in the past might be willing to play us in OOC games this year? I hope our appearance in Detroit helped get us at least a little respect for our scheduling purposes.
          our OOC teams are already picked through next season and the season after. It might help for years past that though.

RIT Tigers
          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
            our OOC teams are already picked through next season and the season after. It might help for years past that though.
            I did not know that. Interesting.

Well maybe we'll even have a new barn by then.

I'll take a LEED certified version of Yost, thank you.

Go Tigers.

Comment

I did not know that. Interesting.

Well maybe we'll even have a new barn by then.

I'll take a LEED certified version of Yost, thank you.
              They were announced on WITR during the New Year's day game in Minnesota.

Non conference matchups for the next two years.

2010-2011
              merrimack and umass lowell brick city weekend
              at UNO tournament
              at Union
              at RPI
              at Cornell

2011-2012
              union
              RPI
              St. Lawrence
              at Vermont Tourney (xmas time)
              at University of Wisconsin Badgers 2 games

We were originally supposed to be in Wisconsin's tournament, but they cancelled it. They felt bad so they asked us there for two games anyway. Should be good, and hopefully we play better against them than last weekend.

RIT Tigers
              Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

They were announced on WITR during the New Year's day game in Minnesota.

2010-2011
                at UNO tournament
                at Union
                at RPI
                at Cornell

2011-2012
                union
                RPI
                St. Lawrence
                at Vermont Tourney (xmas time)
                at University of Wisconsin Badgers 2 games

We were originally supposed to be in Wisconsin's tournament, but they cancelled it. They felt bad so they asked us there for two games anyway. Should be good, and hopefully we play better against them than last weekend.
                Oooohhh rematch double header, me likey! Hopefully I'll still be in a position to make my presence known at a few games now and then. The only real downside to graduating.

Go Tigers.

Comment

Congrats to RIT for an outstanding season. I was in Albany and witnessed your stunner vs. DU and your absolute dismantling of UNH. I have nothing but respect for what your program has achieved. The fans were raucous and fun to watch as well.

Bottom line for me: Any fan of college hockey should tip their hat to RIT. Great job.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Oooohhh rematch double header, me likey! Hopefully I'll still be in a position to make my presence known at a few games now and then. The only real downside to graduating.
                    You should do like I did and go to grad school at the U of R. Gave me an extra seven seasons of in-person RIT hockey.

Comment

Hey RIT fans - as I mentioned in the "best represented college hockey" thread, you guys were one of the highlights in an otherwise drab tournament. It was great meeting a few of you before the championship game at the bar under all the scaffolding that I can't remember the name of. Hope you all had a safe trip back home!
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                        You should do like I did and go to grad school at the U of R. Gave me an extra seven seasons of in-person RIT hockey.
                        Funny you mention that. I ran into my adviser last week and she was giving me a hard time about not applying for the masters program in Criminal Justice. It's not really my game plan, but I may go talk to her about it anyway. Paying for it would be the hard part unless RIT were to give me a lot of financial aid. But for RIT hockey, it's worth looking in to. Yeah...it's that important.

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        Hey RIT fans - as I mentioned in the "best represented college hockey" thread, you guys were one of the highlights in an otherwise drab tournament. It was great meeting a few of you before the championship game at the bar under all the scaffolding that I can't remember the name of. Hope you all had a safe trip back home!
                        It was great meeting you guys too! That was my crew and I, myself being the gentleman with the mutton chops. We really liked that bar.
                        Last edited by d4rksabre; 04-12-2010, 08:30 PM.

Go Tigers.

Comment

I think it would be a cool if RIT did some sort of fundraiser. How about each person in the corner crew gets sponsors and that pay X dollars per decibel...see how loud the corner crew can be on average for the whole game.
                          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

We really liked that bar.
                            Any idea on the name of the bar? Or it's location, directions from Ford Field, etc? I'm doing research for my next trip to Detroit (CCHA tourny, GLI, Autorama, SAE Congress, etc, etc, etc) and I'd like to add this one to my 'list.'

Thanks again for a great "COLEGE HOCKEY EVENT."

Comment

2010-2011
                              at UNO tournament
                              at Union
                              at RPI
                              at Cornell
                              I thought RIT was scheduled to play two “exemption games” against UAF and UAA at the Kendall Hockey Classic on Oct 8 & 9. UND rounds out the lineup. Or am I mistaken? Nice season btw. I hope this trip is on your schedule.

Comment

Congrats to former Tiger Al Mazur, who signed with the CHL's Rapid City Rush. http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...cc4c03286.html

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X