Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    Predictions on today's big announcement?

Like most people probably, I think it will be the schedule and ticket information...
    Why couldn't it just have been the new arena... =(
    R I T HOCKEY
    Frozen Four
    Elite Eight
    NCAA Tournament
    2010-2015-2016
    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      Why couldn't it just have been the new arena... =(
      Because nobody on this blog has won the lottery or sold their start-up for 1 billion dollars yet!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        Because nobody on this blog has won the lottery or sold their start-up for 1 billion dollars yet!
        I'm working on it...Only have $39,999,999 to go
        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

I'm less concerned about a new arena, and just excited for hockey to start back up... I am very curious to see how the team does this year.

Comment

D&C Reports that DeMichel signed a 1 year deal with the Hershey Bears.

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sports2/
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              D&C Reports that DeMichel signed a 1 year deal with the Hershey Bears.

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sports2/
              With his performance last season (albeit against AHA level competition), I'm surprised that most teams told him the best he could do is start for their ECHL team. I figured he'd at least have a shot at an AHL roster somewhere. I'm almost as surprised that he and his agent picked the Caps. If there's a team loaded with young goalies, it's them. His odds of sticking with Hershey don't look great. But you never know. After how much improved he's gotten over the last couple years, he certainly could step up his game even more and push for some playing time with a great camp. It'll be fun to watch.

Amerks note: the schedule format was released this week and they have 4 games against Hershey, which likely means they will be coming to town twice this season as opposed to the one time they've come in every season since Pinnizotto signed there. Unfortunately, the Amerks only play host to one Atlantic division team, and it's not the Wolfpack (it is Worcester). So unless they make the Calder Cup Finals and play Hartford, we won't be able to see Ringwald come to town this year (barring a trade). I don't know the other area teams' schedule formats, but the way that league operates, the Atlantic teams have found a way to convince the league not to make them travel anywhere. I would guess the Wolfpack aren't likely to come as far west as Cleveland, Rochester, Toronto, or Hamilton. Since Syracuse, Albany, and Adirondack (Glens Falls) are in the same conference as the Atlantic teams, the odds of the Wolfpack coming into those cities is much better. I'm guessing Albany and Adirondack to be the best bets if anyone wants to make a road trip.

Also... I don't know if this had already been mentioned on here, but our old friend Carl Hudson has officially signed with the Florida Panthers. I guess it was touch and go there for a while. The people in the Panther organization that liked him the most were fired before he was re-signed. But the new regime was convinced to give him a shot. It seems likely he'll stick around in Rochester since they have a real lack of defensemen who can play physical, which is what he brought to the table in his tryout last season.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

According to their schedule format, Syracuse will be playing Hershey 3x at home and Hartford once.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  With his performance last season (albeit against AHA level competition), I'm surprised that most teams told him the best he could do is start for their ECHL team. I figured he'd at least have a shot at an AHL roster somewhere. I'm almost as surprised that he and his agent picked the Caps. If there's a team loaded with young goalies, it's them. His odds of sticking with Hershey don't look great. But you never know. After how much improved he's gotten over the last couple years, he certainly could step up his game even more and push for some playing time with a great camp. It'll be fun to watch.
                  I think I can shed some light on this having a buddy who excelled at the D-III level as a goaltender and moved on to a pro career. To understand why many teams told him the best he could do was start in ECHL take a look at the transaction lists from any year. Many minor league teams only carry only two goaltenders at any given time, so they are adding and dropping goaltenders like a fantasy league on steroids. It was truly an eye opener for me when I started to watch transaction list for goaltender when Ryan Scott started his professional career. It is really a brutal business.

In any league clubs tend to ride hot goaltenders therefore I can understand DeMike’s decision to go to the highest team he can get. Maybe he gets in and gets really hot and sends some of those prospects down. You have to have the attitude that you are going to outperform the other guy and win the position. I remember feeling worried when Ryan committed to Oswego because they had a sophomore goaltender who they had lined up to take the start role. Ryan’s mother set me straight, told me you just got to out play the other guy or ride the bench.

The theory most guys seem to go with too is the higher the league you sign in initial the further falling room you have. If DeMike doesn’t make the AHL, than he can fall back on the ECHL, and then there are leagues like the CHL and SPHL. From what I seen with Ryan Scott, if you got the talent, which DeMike does, someone will sign you as a number 1.

Want to finish off by giving DeMike major congrats, I don’t have to say this too often on the board so mark it down, but I was wrong. I truly gave up on him after his sophomore year. I will never forget a conversation with some “media big guys” about RIT really needing to bring in another goaltender. He worked hard before his junior year and it paid off big time. He looked like a completely different goaltender. With that kind of character the sky is the limit for Jared…
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Hey any hear anything about expanding assigned seating. There was some serious talk about it at the end of last year. Way things are going I think they all most have to do assigned seating on the vistors side of the arena, which would not be horrible, and leave the rest GA.

Before anyone jumps on me, I have always been a loud voice for a new arena. But I do see the need to have some nicer assigned seating. For someone who has to come from Buffalo and get their right at game time, I would even spend a few extra for a good seat...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

As someone who buys one season ticket and then occasionally brings a friend or family member, I'd like to see "assigned sections" with both season tickets and single games sold for the same section.

I can't bring my friend/fam into the reserved season ticket section across from the corner crew and I can't necessarily use my ticket with a reserved seat in the other section and be together (I think I could with some work in trading tickets, but I don't want to do that kind of work at the last minute).
                      -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                        As someone who buys one season ticket and then occasionally brings a friend or family member, I'd like to see "assigned sections" with both season tickets and single games sold for the same section.

I can't bring my friend/fam into the reserved season ticket section across from the corner crew and I can't necessarily use my ticket with a reserved seat in the other section and be together (I think I could with some work in trading tickets, but I don't want to do that kind of work at the last minute).
                        Are you sure that they don't sell individual game tickets in the reserved section? I had a season seat in there. The seats in front of me and to my left were never filled by the same people. I just assumed those were being sold game-by-game, especially since there was no one in them for the first two games of the season.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

they do. I think he was more referring to the point that it may be hard to get a single fan me reserved start next to a season reserved seat. I believe you get assigned a seat, as opposed to picking your seat in the reserved section
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I really just dislike the whole reserved/assigned seating thing. For the season ticket holders section, that's one thing (they show up)... but it's kinda ridiculous to look over and see the entire rink filled, but the assigned section empty until past the first period.

I also think a lot of fans actually prefer the standing room only areas.

Comment

Originally posted by devmorgan View Post
                              I really just dislike the whole reserved/assigned seating thing. For the season ticket holders section, that's one thing (they show up)... but it's kinda ridiculous to look over and see the entire rink filled, but the assigned section empty until past the first period.

I also think a lot of fans actually prefer the standing room only areas.
                              As someone who lives a couple of hours away from Rochester and has a wife who can't stand for 1 period of a game much less all 3, the reserved seating is the only way I can get to home games. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make more than 1 or 2 games.

More importantly by my count, 84 days to the next Tiger Hockey game, and 92 days til the puck drops at the BCA. Almost time to start the regular season thread
                              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                              NCAA DII - 1983
                              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                                As someone who lives a couple of hours away from Rochester and has a wife who can't stand for 1 period of a game much less all 3, the reserved seating is the only way I can get to home games.
                                Heh. I make my wife stand. Although she finds a place to sit between periods (we are in the crew usually)

Oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X