Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    Would be fun to watch for the fans, but a terrible thing when two teams in the same conference play what basically boils down to an exhibition game, just don't like it when two teams from the same conference play a Non-Conference game...

Agree, and it wouldn't be great for us to play three nights in a row, but it seems like a waste to have the team all the way out here and not get in two games. The fans would enjoy it; it would undoubtedly sell out; it would help both teams' strength of schedule & RPI, and make up for the disparity of us playing twice at the Ritter (although I'm sure that gets worked out in subsequent seasons under the current format). It's just a long way to go for a game, something Air Force has to do for a single game at Bobby Mo.
    2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
    2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
    Air Force Falcons
    2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
    2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
    2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
    2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
    2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Let's face it, unbalanced schedules suck all around, but these three-game series take it to a new level.

I simply can't imagine this will last more than one season. It's obvious it's going to be a pain the ***** and that there's gotta be a better way.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I'm sure this was all covered ad infinitum a while back in this thread or in the AHA threads. But a pod system really would make a ton of sense.

Three four-team scheduling pods. Play everybody in your pod 4x, play everybody else 2x. 28 games, no single-game series, easy peasy.

Comment

I really don't think it a big deal that RIT goes out to Air Force for one Sunday game. Be nice to play someone in the area, but we don't live in a perfect world, just an NCAA world.

On the plus side I kind of like a break from the routine of Friday and Saturday games, Hockey is not made to have the same rigid schedule as Football...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

New Years Day.. really??

Awful.

Comment

Please, I am having enough trouble sleeping these days, not due to hockey. I am actually concern about a Junior to be and no its not Burt, but he could be on some teams radar as well...
              The "why not me" attitude is certainly running rampant right now, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
                The "why not me" attitude is certainly running rampant right now, that's for sure.
                what is your connection to the team? you seem to have a lot of 'inside' information.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
                  This conversation been hashed many times, but some guys may figure that due to the recent success of the program that they have the best chance to get paid to play hockey now than if they wait. I tell you from having a buddy who now getting paid to play, its crazy and its hard to say when is the right timing, but I can tell you this much, its all about timing in most cases...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

AS a side note - I'm most likely going to put my previews on either my blog or on the Corner Crew facebook page. Any thoughts on which way I should go?
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      AS a side note - I'm most likely going to put my previews on either my blog or on the Corner Crew facebook page. Any thoughts on which way I should go?
                      We still want to get you your website back but we don't know how. The guy who got put in charge of it during the failed Club attempt lost all the info or something. Not really sure of the full story, but those of us who are left would like to put it all back in your hands again.

For now I think the blog would be a good place for the previews.
                      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

I could get the old site back. Does cost a decent amount of money tho.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Looks like the schedule will be posted monday.

http://twitter.com/RITsports/status/18055412999

Comment

On the plus side I kind of like a break from the routine of Friday and Saturday games, Hockey is not made to have the same rigid schedule as Football...
                            But Sundays are for catching up on homework not done over a weekend of hockey and partying!
                            Some say that if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.

I just wonder why the goal seems to be taking flak.

Comment

Originally posted by nanotiger View Post
                              But Sundays are for catching up on homework not done over a weekend of hockey and partying!
                              don't forget about football.
                              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                                don't forget about football.
                                It's getting more and more difficult every year not to forget for those of us who are Bills' fans. I began to enjoy the early Sunday Amerks' games last year just to get me out of the house and away from their crap.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X