Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    Nope, there are vuvuzelas. boot_walt_kyle has embedded a youtube video of it in his post, but made it not visable. The only reason I know this is because the code shows up in the subscription email I got. You can also see it if you click "quote" on his post. Its super annoying.
    He better take it out, or will be the first person I ever block and given who I have put up with in the past that is an accomplishment...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
      But even that is going to be immensely more difficult than ever before with the new divisional alignment. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the 3rd best (and possibly even the 4th best) team in the entire conference could be kept out of the Semi-finals because the top four (or more) are all in the Western Division. For the time being, getting out of the West to the BCA is going to be quite a feat for whomever is fortunate enough to do so.
      I agree it will be harder. But I think RIT will manage to do it. I think Air Force will slide back a bit after their losses the last couple years. Niagara has always given RIT trouble. Robert Morris has shown flashes of excellance, but not consistancy in CHA play lately. Mercyhurst will likely be a challenge as well. Canisius showed improvement, but I don't know if they are quite at the same level of the rest of the west.

Right now, I would rank the Western teams:

Niagara
      RIT
      Mercyhurst
      Robert Morris
      Air Force
      Canisius
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        I agree it will be harder. But I think RIT will manage to do it. I think Air Force will slide back a bit after their losses the last couple years. Niagara has always given RIT trouble. Robert Morris has shown flashes of excellance, but not consistancy in CHA play lately. Mercyhurst will likely be a challenge as well. Canisius showed improvement, but I don't know if they are quite at the same level of the rest of the west.

Right now, I would rank the Western teams:

Niagara
        RIT
        Mercyhurst
        Robert Morris
        Air Force
        Canisius
        I didn't mean to imply that RIT wouldn't win, just that is is not going to be nearly as "easy" as it was this past season due to the strength of the Western division. It think it's going to be an enjoyable season. Maybe a little more nerve-wracking than 09-10, but that's when it gets fun, right? Hey, this division almost approaches looking like a real conference! So this is what it is kind of like to have to work hard to win.
        Maybe the West should steal away Army, SHU, or both, then secede and get their own Auto-Bid.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that RIT wouldn't win, just that is is not going to be nearly as "easy" as it was this past season due to the strength of the Western division. It think it's going to be an enjoyable season. Maybe a little more nerve-wracking than 09-10, but that's when it gets fun, right? Hey, this division almost approaches looking like a real conference! So this is what it is kind of like to have to work hard to win.
          Maybe the West should steal away Army, SHU, or both, then secede and get their own Auto-Bid.
          6 teams is all you need for an auto-bid.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I think we could still see another early departure, tbh. I am quite certain there are a few more offers on the table for some seniors.

Comment

Adding Air Force:

2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament
              10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament
              10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
              10/22 @RPI
              10/23 @Union
              11/7 @ Air Force (Sunday game)
              11/12 UConn
              11/13 UConn
              11/26 Sacred Heart
              11/27 Sacred Heart
              12/10 @ Mercyhurst
              12/11 @ Mercyhurst
              12/17 Canisius
              1/7 @ Army
              1/8 @ Army
              1/29 Mercyhurst
              2/4 Air Force
              2/5 Air Force
              2/11 Canisius
              2/13 @ Canisius

at Cornell
              Merrimack?

3x:
              Niagara
              Robert Morris

2x:
              Holy Cross
              Bentley
              AIC

We will finish the season with Niagara, Holy Cross, or Bentley. I am predicting Niagara because all the the teams that have released schedules so far play a team in their 'division' in the last week.
              Last edited by mar7967; 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Unless there are secret plans of adding DU or CC for one NC game that same weekend, it's idiotic to send RIT (or anyone else, for that matter) on a flight to Colorado Springs for one game, on a Sunday, with a 2 game set at home the following weekend, and Finals looming the next week. Brutal.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Unless there are secret plans of adding DU or CC for one NC game that same weekend, it's idiotic to send RIT (or anyone else, for that matter) on a flight to Colorado Springs for one game, on a Sunday, with a 2 game set at home the following weekend, and Finals looming the next week. Brutal.
                  CC and DU have a home and home on 11/5 and 11/6, so I don't think we will be playing either of them...

Mercyhurst plays AFA on Friday night, so maybe we are flying with them to save costs? But I agree, its rough. Without AFA, it wouldnt be so bad

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

CC and DU have a home and home on 11/5 and 11/6, so I don't think we will be playing either of them...

Mercyhurst plays AFA on Friday night, so maybe we are flying with them to save costs? But I agree, its rough. Without AFA, it wouldnt be so bad
                    This is why the whole NCAAs need to be restructured. AFA in AHA makes no sense. Hell UAH makes more sense than AFA. Don't get me wrong I love the rivalry with AFA but with the new scheduling travel to Colorado Springs becomes asinine.
                    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Adding Air Force:

2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament
                      10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament
                      10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
                      10/22 @RPI
                      10/23 @Union
                      11/12 UConn
                      11/13 UConn
                      11/26 Sacred Heart
                      11/27 Sacred Heart
                      12/10 @ Mercyhurst
                      12/11 @ Mercyhurst
                      12/17 Canisius
                      1/7 @ Army
                      1/8 @ Army
                      1/29 Mercyhurst
                      2/4 Air Force
                      2/5 Air Force
                      2/11 Canisius
                      2/13 @ Canisius

at Cornell
                      Merrimack?

3x:
                      Niagara
                      Robert Morris

2x:
                      Holy Cross
                      Bentley
                      AIC

We will finish the season with Niagara, Holy Cross, or Bentley. I am predicting Niagara because all the the teams that have released schedules so far play a team in their 'division' in the last week.
                      Merrimack schedule is out. Sat Jan 1st at RIT 7 PM

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
                        I think we could still see another early departure, tbh. I am quite certain there are a few more offers on the table for some seniors.
                        Please, I am having enough trouble sleeping these days, not due to hockey. I am actually concern about a Junior to be and no its not Burt, but he could be on some teams radar as well...

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                          added - thanks.

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                            That is awesome, it doesn't conflict with the World Juniors being hosted in Buffalo. Squeezes in nicely. Speaking of which anyone who loves hockey and is in the Rochester owes it to themself to get to the world jrs, be nice to see some RIT Orange in the crowd, when team USA is not playing of course. For anyone who may not know, this is the biggest Under 20 tourament in the world, future NHL stars will be on the ice. Many College Hockey players will be there too. It runs Dec 26 to Jan 5th. Ticket info at http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com/tickets.asp

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule

Comment

We're not any happier about flying all the way over there for a single game, either. The current scheduling format sucks. I would pay good money to see Air Force and RIT play a "non-conference" game on Saturday.

The AHA needs to move to a "pod system" that will allow a 28-game schedule, with two-game series played on Friday and Saturday nights. Bob DeGregorio needs to realize that he's not dealing with teams in Billerica and Arlington anymore, and that flying 4 hours each way for a game is ridiculous, wasteful and inefficient. Keeping the current format is a good way to kill Atlantic Hockey.

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                              This is why the whole NCAAs need to be restructured. AFA in AHA makes no sense. .
                              Geographically, No. Competitively, Yes. Yet another function of everyone living in the stifling heat along the eastern seaboard instead of in the Rockies, where the high today is 72 with no humidity.

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                              I love the rivalry with AFA but with the new scheduling travel to Colorado Springs becomes asinine.
                              Agree completely.
                              Last edited by AFHockeyFan; 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM.
                              2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                              2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                              Air Force Falcons
                              2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                              2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                              2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                              2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                              2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                                I would pay good money to see Air Force and RIT play a "non-conference" game on Saturday.
                                Would be fun to watch for the fans, but a terrible thing when two teams in the same conference play what basically boils down to an exhibition game, just don't like it when two teams from the same conference play a Non-Conference game...

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X