Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
    I would say it is not a question of if Cameron will be an early departure, it is a question of when he will be an early departure. But I hope I am wrong.
    At this point I think it hard to say for sure when players leave early. That all depends on their priorities of hockey vs. non-hockey careers. There are two ways of looking at it either get your degree and always have that to fall back on, or you only get one shot take it when it comes and then worry about getting the degree.

And really I think that only the tip of the ice berg of players deciding to leave early or not. That berg will get even bigger if RIT grows and attracts players who could be early round NHL draft picks one day....
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I don't think RIT will have draft pick caliber players without scholarships, and it will be a while before we get to that point.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
        I am 100% sure it was the plan at one point. When it changed, I do not know. I was told they would be adding seating on the slc side and expanding into that road area. I am quite sad to hear the locker room project has been delayed for the sake of the guys. The room is just so small and inadequate for what the team truly needs. Either way, its nice to know they aren't scrapping it entirely in lieu of a new arena as that is quite a few years off.
        Expanded seating was never the plan. It had been discussed to death in the past that the structure of the Ritter would need significant and costly redesign in order to add extra seating. The renovation plans for this year only ever included the expansion of the locker room/office area (Tiger Den) out to the service road. Additional seating was not and will not be a sensible project.

Being that it is already a few days from July and the ice is back in, I would say that is a pretty good testament that no renovations will be happening anytime soon. And if it gets us a new arena quicker, then I'm sure no one will complain about one or two more seasons in the current layout.

Also, here's a little teaser for everyone that I snapped today.

*****http://i3.***********.com/albums/y94/d4rksabre/photo2.jpg******
        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

With the release of Mercyhurst's schedule:

2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament
          10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament
          10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
          10/22 @RPI
          10/23 @Union
          11/12 UConn
          11/13 UConn
          12/10 @ Mercyhurst
          12/11 @ Mercyhurst
          1/7 @ Army
          1/8 @ Army
          1/29 Mercyhurst

at Cornell

3x:
          Canisius
          Niagara
          Robert Morris
          Air Force

2x:
          Holy Cross
          Bentley
          AIC
          Sacred Heart

At this point, it does not look like Merrimack will be coming to Rochester during Brick City weekend like we originally thought. We may play another team that weekend, and/or play Merrimack later in the season...only time will tell.
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I went over to the arena today. Sometimes I'm able to catch a couple of the players around the rink. Didn't see anyone but I noticed the boards had been changed.
            I checked out some some old archived stories on ritathletics to see what the colors were, just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.
            The top and bottom dashers boards are now orange. In the picture posted by drksabre, you can't really tell how bright it is, but it is bright and takes a bit to get used to.

I hope these aren't the only renovations the rink gets this year.
            RIT TIGERS
            2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              I don't think RIT will have draft pick caliber players without scholarships, and it will be a while before we get to that point.
              Yep, always comes back to scholarships doesn't it
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                I went over to the arena today. Sometimes I'm able to catch a couple of the players around the rink. Didn't see anyone but I noticed the boards had been changed.
                I checked out some some old archived stories on ritathletics to see what the colors were, just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.
                The top and bottom dashers boards are now orange. In the picture posted by drksabre, you can't really tell how bright it is, but it is bright and takes a bit to get used to.

I hope these aren't the only renovations the rink gets this year.
                While poking around looking for the school colors (I always remember it as Burnt Umber and [Orange], but I never remember if it's just orange, or some other more specific name. No such luck as yet. Anyone know, officially?), I noticed that the Pep Band website has links to recordings. If anything can put me in the mood for October not coming fast enough, it's this.

Yeah, Band.

Comment

Just a follow-up. Found it. RIT's official colors are "burnt umber (Pantone 1675) and orange (Pantone 165)"

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                    Just a follow-up. Found it. RIT's official colors are "burnt umber (Pantone 1675) and orange (Pantone 165)"
                    Here you go, everything you need to know about colors and logos to create shirts, bumper stickers or write a nice letter from President Destler to your parents or future employer about how great a student you were!

There's also a section on parking stickers but for some reason, they didn't list the spec's on those, wonder why?

http://www.rit.edu/upub/pdfs/identity_manual.pdf
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Here you go, everything you need to know about colors and logos to create shirts, bumper stickers or write a nice letter from President Destler to your parents or future employer about how great a student you were!

There's also a section on parking stickers but for some reason, they didn't list the spec's on those, wonder why?

http://www.rit.edu/upub/pdfs/identity_manual.pdf
                      Does anyone know what's the RIT Blue Line Club on page 14?
                      2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                      2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
                        Does anyone know what's the RIT Blue Line Club on page 14?

From http://www.rit.edu/development/givin...cornercrew.php
                        The Blue Line Club raises funds exclusively for Men's Hockey, and the Club's focus is to assist RIT in covering expenses for recruiting, specialized equipment and facility upgrades.

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Don't forget the Frozen Four special on the NHL Network at 8:00 today. It will be reaired a few times after that this week.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

with Sacred Heart's Schedule release:
                            2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament
                            10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament
                            10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
                            10/22 @RPI
                            10/23 @Union
                            11/12 UConn
                            11/13 UConn
                            11/26 Sacred Heart
                            11/27 Sacred Heart
                            12/10 @ Mercyhurst
                            12/11 @ Mercyhurst
                            1/7 @ Army
                            1/8 @ Army
                            1/29 Mercyhurst

at Cornell
                            Merrimack?

3x:
                            Canisius
                            Niagara
                            Robert Morris
                            Air Force

2x:
                            Holy Cross
                            Bentley
                            AIC

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                              1/29 Mercyhurst

3x:
                              Robert Morris
                              Would it be fair to surmise that RIT could also be hosting Robert Morris on 1/28 (assuming MC and RMU are travel partners)? Although what other team they'd be playing that weekend would be a question mark. They can't trade off playing RIT and Air Force (our former "travel partner"), certainly.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                Would it be fair to surmise that RIT could also be hosting Robert Morris on 1/28 (assuming MC and RMU are travel partners)? Although what other team they'd be playing that weekend would be a question mark. They can't trade off playing RIT and Air Force (our former "travel partner"), certainly.
                                No, I don't think that can be implied. If you take a look at the composite schedule in my signature, there are some cases when this does happen (Sacred heart plays Holy Cross and Army on 1/19 and 1/20 respectively), but also some where it does not. Mercyhurst has 1-game weekends for the 3rd games against Air Force (obviously), Canisius, Robert Morris, Niagara, and RIT. Mercyhurst's schedule came out last week.

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X