Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elmira Fans need not reply

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
    At the risk of Jim32 slamming me again as he did so well after my very first post all those years ago (and yes, I deserved it)... you just need to land a job in a "Cow Town", Tom!!

These Elmira fans are hard workers, and believe it or not, they're house broken and clean-up after themselves too!!

Edit: Always disliked that cheer, btw!
    Already blew that one Dave, looks like my Pine City (She doesn't technically live in Elmira) sweetie to look for jobs in Buffalo, seems that even Buffalo is more exciting than Elmira. All though I should be heading there in a weekend or two, have to get together for a cold one...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      Where did I go Wrong???
      There isn't enought space on the boards to answer that one.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Another contract signing: This time, Chris Tanev (who just finished his freshman year) signed a 3 year entry level contract with the Vancouver Canucks...Losing him is going to hurt.

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2010/...ent-defenceman

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/27711...sign-new-dman/

If Chris ends up playing for their AHL team, the Manitoba Moose, we will see him in Rochester a lot because they are in the same division as the Amerks.
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          Another contract signing: This time, Chris Tanev (who just finished his freshman year) signed a 3 year entry level contract with the Vancouver Canucks...Losing him is going to hurt.
          Ouch.....

Welcome to the Down Side of DI hockey. Promising guys leaving early.

I expected Tanev to leave, but figured we'd get to see him another year.

Congratulations to Chris. Hope you keep moving forward toward your dreams.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2010/...ent-defenceman

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/27711...sign-new-dman/

If Chris ends up playing for their AHL team, the Manitoba Moose, we will see him in Rochester a lot because they are in the same division as the Amerks.

Every year its going to be someone, Pinizzotto, Kharin, Crowel, now Tanev...

I think Wayne Wilson just eat his words, I remember him making a post game comment about it being nice that players in this program are more gear towards the program as oppose to where they are going to play next. Did not see this one coming which makes it hurt even more. TigerFan86-87 see sometimes I hate being right

This is big and changes the outlook of the Atlantic, RIT D line was going to be the only area with out a question going into the season. Now there is a big hole. RIT may not be the favorite anymore, they are still going to be near the top, but it just got a lot harder....

Need a drink...

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I still think that Tanev getting a contract is a good thing. RIT will get more exposure, and more players who HAVE pro aspirations will at least look at RIT now that there are 2 players that have received entry level contracts.

Yes, it's not good for RIT right now - that means more players will need to step up. Let's see what happens before we start the gloom and doom.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                I still think that Tanev getting a contract is a good thing. RIT will get more exposure, and more players who HAVE pro aspirations will at least look at RIT now that there are 2 players that have received entry level contracts.

Yes, it's not good for RIT right now - that means more players will need to step up. Let's see what happens before we start the gloom and doom.
                True it could be a symptom of something that will be postive in the long run, but the short term it hurts big time. I am not over exaggerating here, this early departure will have conference outlook repercussions. Yet another sign RIT has arrived.

I told Dan Ringwald's father that my only regert is that I could not see Dan and Chris Tanev play 4 years together. They were that good, best defense pairing in my time at RIT. Haltigin and Eckenswiller play will be critical next year. One of them have to Quarterback the Power Play.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

Comment

http://www.theprovince.com/business/...581/story.html

If this article is accurate, Tanev got a 3 year deal worth 2.7 Million WOW!!!

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    http://www.theprovince.com/business/...581/story.html

If this article is accurate, Tanev got a 3 year deal worth 2.7 Million WOW!!!
                    Wow, indeed. If that's accurate, there must have been some stiff competition for his services.

To put it in perspective, the Devils just gave their 2009 first-round draft pick the same entry-level deal as Tanev's. And their 2008 first-rounder's deal would be $25,000 less a year than Tanev.
                    2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                    2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post

I don't know that that is so much "doom and gloom" as realism setting in. RIT lost their # 1 and only starting goaltender (and East Regional MVP) along with both of their # 1 Defense pairing, which was a true "Shut-down" pair like we've never seen in this conference before. It's bad enough that the AHA has added NU and RMU to the fold, not to mention the fact that due to the Tigers' spectacular success this past season, everyone in the conference will be gunning for them with everything they've got. RIT will still certainly be amongst the pre-season favorites to win the thing, but it certainly isn't going to be easy. I would be shocked if they won the conference as easily as they did last year.

As far as Tanev's signing bringing more attention to RIT from true pro prospects, you must remember that he was a true diamond in the rough find for this program. He wasn't the same elite prospect coming in as he was going out. He progressed incredibly in the last couple years after being overlooked by the big-time programs. Basically, he was a typical RIT type recruit that they will probably have to rely on for the foreseeable future. Fortunately our coaching staff has found enough of those guys to ice a really good team in front of us. But I just don't see any of the blue-chippers suddenly looking at AHA teams as a route to the pros.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Not so fast.
                        The AHL is adding a team in Oklahoma City and relocating the Albany River Rats to Charlotte (I think), meaning they're due for yet another realignment. Since Rochester has been right on the Eastern edge of the Western Conference for quite some time and there is going to be one more Western city added, they are likely to be considered to be moved into the Eastern Conference where they belong so they can once again play in the same division as teams like Syracuse, Binghamton, Adirondack, and Albaby (Lowell is relocating back to Albany), rather than Abbotsford, Manitoba, Chicago, San Antonio, etc...
                        I don't think the league has decided anything yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to finally see the Amerks back where they belong.
                        And besides, in cost-cutting efforts, Manitoba didn't ever really make many trips in here each season anyhow. Usually they would play here for one or two two-game series per season and that was it (except for playoffs, of course). I think the Amerks actually played more games against Binghamton, Syracuse, and Albany than they did against their "divisional rivals" in Western and Central Canada.
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          RIT will still certainly be amongst the pre-season favorites to win the thing, but it certainly isn't going to be easy. I would be shocked if they won the conference as easily as they did last year.
                          Of course, that's exactly what we thought before last season, too. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            I don't think the league has decided anything yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to finally see the Amerks back where they belong.
                            That would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Eastern Conference is at 15 teams already, and the addition of Oklahoma City will bring the Western Conference to 15 teams. So the only reason to move Rochester is if they want each conference to have an even number of teams (then, WC divisions would have 7 teams each and the EC divisions would each have 8 teams) instead of having the same number of teams in each conference.

It is ridiculous to have Rochester in the Western Conference, but that's the way the numbers work out until some other EC team folds.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              That would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Eastern Conference is at 15 teams already, and the addition of Oklahoma City will bring the Western Conference to 15 teams. So the only reason to move Rochester is if they want each conference to have an even number of teams (then, WC divisions would have 7 teams each and the EC divisions would each have 8 teams) instead of having the same number of teams in each conference.

It is ridiculous to have Rochester in the Western Conference, but that's the way the numbers work out until some other EC team folds.

Powers &8^]
                              Rumor has it (and believe me, it is really just a rumor), that Charlotte may be headed West. I know that makes about as much sense as Rochester being West, but if you look at the AHL footprint, Charlotte doesn't fit in regardless of which conference they get slotted in (in the words of the NCAA... a flight is a flight). Aside from Norfolk, they have no neighbors. I'm guessing they may align with 6 divisions like the NHL has now that they finally have the same number of teams as the big league does. There is a potential alignment scenario given the 6 5-team divisions within which Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Adirondack, and Binghamton could re-form the old Empire Division. I'm not holding my breath, but I am hopeful nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                Of course, that's exactly what we thought before last season, too. =)

Powers &8^]
                                With all due respect... Really?? RIT was not the defending regular season and tournament champions a year ago. And their regular season championship was shared, so certainly not easy by any stretch. In 08-09, they were nowhere near the dominance they displayed in 09-10, winning the championship by 10 points and the championship game 6-1. And I don't know about everyone else on here (I wasn't surfing this board much a year ago), but I thought going from Menard / DeMike to DeMike alone in net was going to benefit this team as Jared had shown the ability to dominate games more than his predecessor. No, we certainly didn't know what we had in Tanev prior to the season, but we did have Ringwald and a good share of the scoring returning. From my perspective, all four AHA teams at RIT should arguably have been favorites to win both championships in the conference, based on the ability they showed (the execution in certain games, especially at BCA is a different story). As far as the coming season (10-11), I don't think that is necessarily the case, at least without the benefit of hindsight.
                                Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 06-01-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X