Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    And is UNO ready to relive the "worst night in the program's history"?
    I don't think I'm familiar with this one.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      I don't think I'm familiar with this one.
      Powers &8^]
      I'm going off of memory so kill me if i have some details wrong.....1998-99 season. RIT DIII, highly ranked all year, team finished 27-3-2. Tons of talent on that team. Went to Frozen Four at Norwich.....Welllllll earlier in that year they had two games at UNO and won both games. It was AWESOME listening to WITR and the guys broadcasting the games. Staerker scoring breakaways and Jamie Morris standing on his head. Sue and I were screaming like mad people with excitement listening to those wins from our living room. UNO coach mentioned prior to the first game that a loss would be the worst night in the history of their young hockey program. Well after the second game, Lerchie got the best of the coach when interviewing the coach and can fill in more details than i can since my memory is shot...
      Originally Posted by Cornell Fan WordsSayNothing: "RIT has an impressive fanbase. I wouldn't mind having them on my side."
      2003-2004 ECAC West Pick'em Champ
      2003 DIII Tournament of Posters Champ
      2002-2003 DIII Last Person Standing Champ

Comment

"UNO will face Clarkson University in the opener and 2010 Frozen Four participant RIT in the second game."

So UNO is going to play plain old Clarkson and Frozen Four participant RIT? This part just looked so good I had to see it again!

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
          "UNO will face Clarkson University in the opener and 2010-2011 Frozen Four participant RIT in the second game."
          Fixed it
          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by erickuzniar View Post
            I'm going off of memory so kill me if i have some details wrong.....1998-99 season. RIT DIII, highly ranked all year, team finished 27-3-2. Tons of talent on that team. Went to Frozen Four at Norwich.....Welllllll earlier in that year they had two games at UNO and won both games. It was AWESOME listening to WITR and the guys broadcasting the games. Staerker scoring breakaways and Jamie Morris standing on his head. Sue and I were screaming like mad people with excitement listening to those wins from our living room. UNO coach mentioned prior to the first game that a loss would be the worst night in the history of their young hockey program. Well after the second game, Lerchie got the best of the coach when interviewing the coach and can fill in more details than i can since my memory is shot...
            Close, but I think the UNO coach actually was quoted as saying "This is the worst night in my program's history." after the first night loss to RIT.

So after RIT beat them the next night our esteemed and always personable Chris Lerch asked the coach something like "Last night you said this was the worst lost in program history, where does this one rank?"

He was thrown out of the press conference. And we where never more proud of him
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
              Fixed it

Oops! But I still like my version

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                Close, but I think the UNO coach actually was quoted as saying "This is the worst night in my program's history." after the first night loss to RIT.

So after RIT beat them the next night our esteemed and always personable Chris Lerch asked the coach something like "Last night you said this was the worst lost in program history, where does this one rank?"
                He was thrown out of the press conference. And we where never more proud of him
                12/12/98

12/13/98

According to those articles, the quote was "This is the worst loss of the season"
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  12/12/98

12/13/98

According to those articles, the quote was "This is the worst loss of the season"
                  The local newspaper printed a slightly different quote along the lines of "...the program" instead of "...the season." It was that newspaper quote that supposedly got hung up in the RIT locker room and Chris Lerch quoted in the next day's interview.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

The RIT men's hockey team will be honored at Frontier Field before tonight's Red Wings game. Coach Wilson and Lou Spiotti will be on hand to receive a key to the county or city or something like that from Maggie Brooks, and Dan Ringwald will throw out the first pitch.

Powers &8^]

Comment

The RIT men's hockey team will be honored at Frontier Field before tonight's Red Wings game. Coach Wilson and Lou Spiotti will be on hand to receive a key to the county or city or something like that from Maggie Brooks, and Dan Ringwald will throw out the first pitch.

Powers &8^]
                      Since she's the Couty Executive, I'm hazarding a guess that it is a key to the County ...
                      Although it wouldn't surprise me if Duffy were there too with one for the city, being that he's an alum and all.

They could have done this numerous times in the last month. Why did they have to do it during Finals week? I have to put my kid to bed then finish up studying for my test tomorrow. No time for ballgames.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Er, correction; I should have said President Destler, rather than Lou Spiotti. I was going by memory. =(

As for the key, the D&C says: "Head coach Wayne Wilson and RIT president Bill Destler will receive a key to the city from Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks..." No idea how she got a hold of a key to the city. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

As for the key, the D&C says: "Head coach Wayne Wilson and RIT president Bill Destler will receive a key to the city from Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks..." No idea how she got a hold of a key to the city. =)
                          Clearly she slept over at Duffy's house and accidentally picked up the wrong key on the way out. Now she has to get rid of it before someone finds out.
                          -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                            Clearly she slept over at Duffy's house and accidentally picked up the wrong key on the way out. Now she has to get rid of it before someone finds out.
                            Yikes
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

According to a friend who went to the game, Destler announced that Coach Wilson just signed on for five more years

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
                                According to a friend who went to the game, Destler announced that Coach Wilson just signed on for five more years
                                That is correct, he said Wilson signed a 5 year contract
                                Proud member of Smitty's ARMY

Comment

Working...
                                X