>>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Cameron Burt article - http://www.michronicleonline.com/ind...aphy&Itemid=33

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
      I almost fell out of my chair when they said they would consider hand passing regardless of location. That better not mean hand passing might be allowed in the offensive zone that would change the whole game.
      I think the article might have worded that part strangely. I'm assuming that what they meant is that "the rule" refers to the rule not allowing hand passes, or at least I certainly hope that's what they meant. I can't even imagine making hand passes legal all over the ice. Honestly, I think it's stupid enough that they're allowed at all.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        I think the article might have worded that part strangely. I'm assuming that what they meant is that "the rule" refers to the rule not allowing hand passes, or at least I certainly hope that's what they meant. I can't even imagine making hand passes legal all over the ice. Honestly, I think it's stupid enough that they're allowed at all.
        Their intent is to cut down on stoppages of play. So, making hand passes legal everywhere would do just that.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Their intent is to cut down on stoppages of play. So, making hand passes legal everywhere would do just that.
          BRILLIANT!!!
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

On the other hand, if they mean making hand passes illegal everywhere, it would increase offensive chances.

I'll drop our esteemed editor a note.

Comment

The explanation from our esteemed editor is that they may be leaning toward allowing it everywhere or at least being less strict about it.

Comment

Ahh, come on TigerFan, at least Tom spelled the words correctly. That's a feat onto itself. Using the words properly is graduate level stuff...
                Can't we find something better to give me grief about than spelling and grammer, that is so D-III days

And TigerFan it was a joke, all though the same technology can be applied...
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                  I'll drop our esteemed editor a note.
                  I thought that was you???

But if you really need an esteemed editor who better for the job than my good old lovable self???
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    The explanation from our esteemed editor is that they may be leaning toward allowing it everywhere or at least being less strict about it.
                    YIKES!
                    I hope that idea comes and goes. The game was designed to be played with sticks, not hands. Hence the rule in the first place.
                    And how many whistles do they actually have due to hand passes? It seems to me as though if it happens more than a couple times a game that would be a lot (although I've been known to be wrong).
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Can't we find something better to give me grief about than spelling and grammer, that is so D-III days

And TigerFan it was a joke, all though the same technology can be applied...
                      Yeah, sure, whatever

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        YIKES!
                        I hope that idea comes and goes. The game was designed to be played with sticks, not hands. Hence the rule in the first place.
                        And how many whistles do they actually have due to hand passes? It seems to me as though if it happens more than a couple times a game that would be a lot (although I've been known to be wrong).
                        I don't recall a game where there are more than 2 called in a game. That;s what 30 seconds of stoppage? That won't make a differance. And who cares about too many stoppages? Even with "media time outs", a game is still usually over in under 2 1/2 hours.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                          The rule seems way too subjective to me. I can see a lot of controversy coming out of it. An imaginary line? Every ref will have a different one.
                          Well I think the idea was to have an imaginary line at the faceoff dots, so you can't see it but you have a general idea of where it is.
                          RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

UNO released their schedule so we can make a minor update.

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                            2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament (1)
                            10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament (1)
                            10/15 Merrimack/UMass Lowell (2)
                            10/16 Merrimack/UMass Lowell (2)
                            at Union
                            at RPI
                            at Cornell

3x:
                            Canisius
                            Mercyhurst
                            Niagara
                            Robert Morris
                            Air Force

2x:
                            Holy Cross
                            Bentley
                            AIC
                            Sacred Heart
                            UConn
                            Army

(1) UNO Tournament (Clarkson, Nebraska-Omaha, and St. Cloud)
                            (2) games during Brick City...another possible date is 10/17
                            RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Just something to make everyone laugh a little today...

Canisius hockey with a 4,000-seat rink could become Miami of Ohio hockey, which spent most of last season as the top-ranked team in the country.
                              While I do think Canisius would highly benefit from an on-campus rink, this article makes it sound like that is the only thing holding them back when it comes to recruiting...I disagree.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/1...s-up-shot.html
                              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010
                              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                                A while back I heard RIT was considering a spot just south of U lot.
                                A bit late on this but, I was speaking to someone in the Athletics department the other day (although not directly connected with the Hockey program) and she informed me that there were two plans being considered:

1) Building a new rink entirely. The primary area under consideration involved replacing part of U lot with the rink. Didn't get too many details on the exact plan.

2) Expanding on the sides of the Ritter to add more seats on a second level. This would extend out into the Simone circle area on the West and towards the Field House on the east. They would also be trying to touch up the existing parts of the arena, replace benches with actual seats, etc.

She didn't think that they were at a point where one plan was being strongly considered over the other, but mentioned that improving our Hockey facilities is something that the Board of Trustees wants to do sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X