Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
    Hey maybe they should change the name of the state too.
    Exactly. I think the names of North Dakota and South Dakota are offensive.

So, how about the North Dakota Dakotans?

Saw some Miami fans with Redskins jerseys at the Frozen Four last night. They should probably change the name of their school too. Miami is hostile and abusive.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested already, be we've always just called them The Goons, so they could go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
        Can anyone give me the cliff notes version on the stadium impact? Wasn't there something about not being able to use REA if the name was changed?

I like the idea of going with no nickname.
        The basic impact is no NCAA tourney games there with the name and imagery. Big deal, they don't host them anyway.

I believe the agreement is that changes (i.e. removal of logos, etc.) don't have to be made except in the general course of upkeep/replacement and they have 40 years to do it (or 5 years, I don't know, just thje basics of what I have seen).
        Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
        INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

The Platypus?
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Thanks!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Umm.. would the "Custard Killers" be too transparent even with the mascot being a kid devouring an ice cream cone?

or the "Disagreeable Locals"

or maybe just the "Thieving creditors" in honor of the credit card industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                Can anyone give me the cliff notes version on the stadium impact? Wasn't there something about not being able to use REA if the name was changed?

I like the idea of going with no nickname.
                Are there any NCAA schools with no mascot/nickname? Does the NCAA require one? Maybe a stupid question, but i have never thought about it. I know some schools are just a color (e.g. stanford), but I can't think of any that don't have anything.

Comment

The Grand Forks?

*****http://blog.friendseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fork-costume1.jpg******
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

How about the UND Flaming Tepees or the UND Smallpox.
                    Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                    NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                    Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                    Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

A list of all the college nicknames

Clicky Here
                      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                      2006-2007: 15-24-2
                      2007-2008: 20-20-4
                      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Before Dirty posted the direct email addresses, I submitted a comment on the BoHE website. I just got a response back presumably from a staffer there. She said "Thanks for your input, and I agree with you. I will definitely forward this on to the members of the board."

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          The Grand Forks?

*****http://blog.friendseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fork-costume1.jpg******
                          Very nice.

Comment

this is a shame, b/c these really are the coolest jerseys in college hockey

*****http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/sports-k_2101_5856930******
                            Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                            when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                            "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

I'm on board with names that are even more offensive.

My vote: North Dakota Fighting Jioux.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Exactly. I think the names of North Dakota and South Dakota are offensive.

So, how about the North Dakota Dakotans?

Saw some Miami fans with Redskins jerseys at the Frozen Four last night. They should probably change the name of their school too. Miami is hostile and abusive.
                                The lady has a point. Again.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X