Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The University of North Dakota Nazis
    I don't know - I think if they're going to go with the Nazi theme, it has to either be Panzer division in honor of Jeff Panzer or Luftwaffe in honor of Hermann/Karl Goe(h)ring and the UND aviaton program.

Comment

The Fighting Green?

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs021.snc1/2459_670751381700_913278_42661135_1876709_n.jpg******
      Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
      when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
      "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

I'm with the no new nickname crowd. Put North Dakota on the front of the jerseys and leave it at that. There is nothing more hostile and abusive than requiring another to change their own name. So don't give in and change it, just stop wearing it and get by. It's still undignified, but not as bad as acquiescing by picking something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Busua View Post
          I'm with the no new nickname crowd. Put North Dakota on the front of the jerseys and leave it at that. There is nothing more hostile and abusive than requiring another to change their own name. So don't give in and change it, just stop wearing it and get by. It's still undignified, but not as bad as acquiescing by picking something new.
          Very well put I agree

Comment

The Sighting Fioux
            Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
              How about the "Fighting Sue" and just pick a random hick chick as a mascot?
              That's been taken
              *****http://i636.***********.com/albums/uu83/AndreSmirnoffski/FightingSue.jpg******

Comment

*****http://nervagus.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jew-jitsu.jpg******

Comment

The Happy Dikes

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Busua View Post
                    and then they can sell "throwback" jerseys
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

People just don't stay bribed like they used to. What spineless losers. We need to bring Uncle Ralphie back from the dead so he can bribe and/or intimidate these clowns back into submission (again).

Any of the ideas in this thread would be fantastic, but I'm sure they'll come up with something completely stupid. Fail.
                      I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
                      - Bilbo Baggins

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                      – A. Einstein

Why are some people so hung up on their rights?
                      - dropthatpuck

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
                        Im not really loyal to any party . But I do respect the constitution and think the government our forefathers set up was a model thats no longer followed and that saddens me . That being said I think I like Ralphies for a name
                        Turk, it was Thomas Paine, the father of the American Revolution who said that the words, documents and deeds of of past generations should never dictate how this country should govern itself in following generations. It sounds like a pretty good argument for a constitution that is flexible, changeable, and if necessary, one that can be thrown out entirely for a new beginning.

If you lead the revolution, I can only follow.....due to my advanced age and laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          The Happy Dikes
                          are you stealing my fighting sandbaggers idea?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            are you stealing my fighting sandbaggers idea?
                            Building on. Plus I can never resist a bad double entendre.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              Building on. Plus I can never resist a bad double entendre.
                              Neither could my creepy-*** 9th grade english teacher... *shudder*
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Don't make it "Golden Eagles."

One time perrenial national basketball power, The Marquette Warriors (who also sported the really cool jerseys) were changed to the pc Golden Eagles.
                                Yergh.
                                A few first round tourney exits and one Dwayne Wayne powered final four trip since has left them a good but mostly irrelevant program.

Oops. I mean The Golden Eagles would be an excellent choice.
                                Or alternately, just the "Gold".

Still one of the most *** moments ever from Marquette.

Comment

Working...
                                X