Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
    Thank you for the support , but good luck to you. They have demonstrated that they do not want to be democratic about this decision by repeatedly ignoring the majority. They have even refused to allow the tribes to voice their opinions, which is pretty condescending if you ask me.
    ItalianSioux, I'm Sicilian, raised in Chicago, great uncle delivered groceries to Al Capone, great grandfather mixed moonshine in house bathtub for Al, his sister altered suits for Al's boys. I might still have some connections, know what I mean. Maybe we can make em an offer they can't refuse.
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

Suggested by a friend on facebook:

"For their new nickname, I recommend the "White Buttes," in honor of the state's highest point."
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
        ... and the home of theGINZOES!!!!

I can only imagine the dialogue between you and Wilbur when this name happens.
        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

How's about....Chippewa, Ojibwe, Mohican, Ho Chunks. I like them all! They are just trying to rename the guy on their sweaters...right?

Comment

I'm really curious, as to how the NCAA can have, and does enforce their own double standard....

Illini, Seminoles, and Utes get to keep their name, while others, like Marquette, St. John's, and now North Dakota were/are forced to change theirs...

In light of this double standard, why not just drop the "fighting"???
            In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
            "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
              In honor of our current communist administration how about the Comrads?
              Turk, Relax, we know you are smarter than the Glen Beck backed, Thomas Paine name dropping idiots who make up the tea party movement

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                Turk, Relax, we know you are smarter than the Glen Beck backed, Thomas Paine name dropping idiots who make up the tea party movement
                Im not really loyal to any party . But I do respect the constitution and think the government our forefathers set up was a model thats no longer followed and that saddens me . That being said I think I like Ralphies for a name

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                  North Dakota Fighting Cavalry, to honor the people who slaughtered the Native Americans. Would that be considered hostile and abusive?
                  I saw this a few years ago and deemed it perfect. I'd say just the North Dakota Cavalry. Not only would it be a thumb in the eye of the NCAA, it's also a badass name.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Oh, and there's also this:

Ralph Engelstad held "Nazi Parties" in a room where Engelstad kept World War II memorabilia, swastika banners, Nazi weapons, and murals of Nazi leaders. On one wall was a life-size portrait of Hitler inscribed “To Ralphie from Adolf, 1939.” On the other wall was a portrait of Engelstad Wearing a Nazi uniform. inscribed “To Adolf from Ralphie.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_E...zi_controversy
                    http://www.und.edu/org/bridges/coleman.html

The University of North Dakota Nazis

Chiefs
                    Whalers
                    Colberts (maybe he'll sponsor you)
                    Swoosh

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                      I'm really curious, as to how the NCAA can have, and does enforce their own double standard....

Illini, Seminoles, and Utes get to keep their name, while others, like Marquette, St. John's, and now North Dakota were/are forced to change theirs...
                      *****http://www.roosevelt-media.com/Index/sandoval_money1.jpg******
                      Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Don't make it "Golden Eagles."

One time perrenial national basketball power, The Marquette Warriors (who also sported the really cool jerseys) were changed to the pc Golden Eagles.
                        Yergh.
                        A few first round tourney exits and one Dwayne Wayne powered final four trip since has left them a good but mostly irrelevant program.

Oops. I mean The Golden Eagles would be an excellent choice.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                          University of North Dakota Fighting brianvf's
                          How sweet would those jerseys be?
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                            Fighting Sioux fans, as a long time SCSU Husky fan, let me be the first to express my anger and disgust over this ruling! Even though I have cheered for the Huskies and against the Sioux down through the years, I have always thought that the mascot was perfect for UND. I remember going to a game at Grand Forks Lasch's freshman year and seeing the way in which the school honored that name was magnificant. My question is, anybody know the e-mails of this board or addresses, I would like very much to express my disgust at them.
                            Have at it:

Richard.E.Smith.2@ndus.edu
                            Jon.Backes@ndus.edu
                            Sue.Andrews@ndus.edu
                            Duaine.Espegard@ndus.edu
                            Rachelle.Hadland@ndus.edu
                            Claus.Lembke@ndus.edu
                            Grant.Shaft@ndus.edu
                            Jon.Jackson@ndus.edu

Courtesy of Dirty, in the UND offseason thread.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As a man who's family comes from Ireland I formally would like to petition the NCAA to force Notre Dame to drop their cruelly offensive mascot "The Fighting Irish"

Their ball-fisted leprechaun represents all of the negative 'angry-fighting-drunk' stereotypes that have plagued my people for years. It is every bit as offensive as the "Fighting Sioux" and I demand it be changed.

Yeah sure... it's a joke... but it's only funny because it's true

I suggest the North Dakota 'Historical Guilt Pansies' as the next name. Your team colors can be a carefully chosen inoffensive beige and that pale green they use in hospitals.

Comment

Working...
                              X