Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

UND Beets.

Man...I hate getting beat by the beets...
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Change the name to "Warriors" and leave the indian head logo on the jersey.

**** the NCAA.
      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

I'd go without a nickname. Just University of North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
          That's my vote.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I know this one has been mentioned, but the UND Fighting Indigenous is nice.

My vote is still no nickname at all, just be the University of North Dakota on all our uniforms, etc. and no need to change the Ralph or other venues.
            Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
            INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

In honor of one of UND's great players and century club members, I nominate the UND Panzer Division:

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=3386&gender=m

Oh, and there's also this:

Ralph Engelstad held "Nazi Parties" in a room where Engelstad kept World War II memorabilia, swastika banners, Nazi weapons, and murals of Nazi leaders. On one wall was a life-size portrait of Hitler inscribed “To Ralphie from Adolf, 1939.” On the other wall was a portrait of Engelstad Wearing a Nazi uniform. inscribed “To Adolf from Ralphie.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_E...zi_controversy
              http://www.und.edu/org/bridges/coleman.html

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                oops, I didn't see this when I posted, but I obviously agree. Eff the NCAA, no nickname!
                Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

University of North Dakota > NCAA.

Print it.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

In honor of our current communist administration how about the Comrads?

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                      North Dakota Fighting Cavalry, to honor the people who slaughtered the Native Americans. Would that be considered hostile and abusive?
                      BINGO!!!
                      There is Hope . . .

Comment

The University of North Dakota Stupid Wop Dagos

The NCAA won't care as long as it's whitey you're degrading. i.e. Fighting Irish
                        Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Fighting Sioux fans, as a long time SCSU Husky fan, let me be the first to express my anger and disgust over this ruling! Even though I have cheered for the Huskies and against the Sioux down through the years, I have always thought that the mascot was perfect for UND. I remember going to a game at Grand Forks Lasch's freshman year and seeing the way in which the school honored that name was magnificant. My question is, anybody know the e-mails of this board or addresses, I would like very much to express my disgust at them.
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                            Fighting Sioux fans, as a long time SCSU Husky fan, let me be the first to express my anger and disgust over this ruling! Even though I have cheered for the Huskies and against the Sioux down through the years, I have always thought that the mascot was perfect for UND. I remember going to a game at Grand Forks Lasch's freshman year and seeing the way in which the school honored that name was magnificant. My question is, anybody know the e-mails of this board or addresses, I would like very much to express my disgust at them.
                            Thank you for the support , but good luck to you. They have demonstrated that they do not want to be democratic about this decision by repeatedly ignoring the majority. They have even refused to allow the tribes to voice their opinions, which is pretty condescending if you ask me.

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
                              The University of North Dakota Stupid Wop Dagos

The NCAA won't care as long as it's whitey you're degrading. i.e. Fighting Irish
                              are YOU offended by this?

University of North Dakota Fighting brianvf's
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                                are YOU offended by this?
                                ... and the home of theGINZOES!!!!

IALTO

Comment

Working...
                                X