Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    The vast majority of Gopher fans want nothing to do with RinkPig either...
    Absolutely. I'd hide in shame if this message board were face to face in public. Of course Rink Pig would probably never have the balls to say anything like this in public.
    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

UND Soylent Green
      UND Dogs with bees in their mouths
      Dirty UNDies
      UND Fightin' Board of Education
      "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

UND Fighting Unitarian Christian Knights
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

und donkeys.......nice big picture of eeyore on the front of their jerseys!!!!
          NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
          HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
          BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

*****http://seeoeye.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/PRINCE.jpg******
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
              Ohhhh bother....
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by blather View Post
                Someone on the Star Tribune site had an interesting idea. "Fighting Spirit" has a ring to it.

"This does not have to be so hard.....
                If the Spirit Lake tribe is supportive of the nickname, then simply keep the logo (created by an American Indian artist), change the nickname to the Fighting Spirit, and I think we are done.....

posted by bbfan1234 on Apr 9, 10 at 7:35 pm"
                by law they have to retire the name and logos resembling or attempting to represent indians, so no the logo still has to go

my suggestion, the jets, aeros or something of the like because of the great aviation program they have up there, or they could just call themselves the "gopher killers" - its fitting as of late

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                  ......they could wear cute little donkey ears on their helmets too
                  NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                  HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                  BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Originally posted by awesome-o View Post
                    by law they have to retire the name and logos resembling or attempting to represent indians, so no the logo still has to go
                    There's no law saying that the name or logo has to change.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

There's no law saying that the name or logo has to change.
                      eh i used to go there and thats what I always heard, "imagery representing or depicting native americans in a so called deragatory way need to change"

illinois had to change their logo of an indian head but got to keep their name, for whatever reason florida state got to keep theirs

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        How about.... Fighting Sioux?
                        Thought I'd browse the thread to see if someone had my idea... didn't have to look far.

In all honesty... if they changed it to just "Sioux" would there be a problem?
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

for whatever reason florida state got to keep theirs
                          I believe it's because the Seminole tribe approves.

Not only do they approve, but from what I understand, they are big fans of it all.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I believe it's because the Seminole tribe approves.

Not only do they approve, but from what I understand, they are big fans of it all.
                            Seminoles: Tribe approves, and $$$

Illini: had to lose the mascot, IIRC, but that's it.

Aztecs/Utes/Fighting Irish: all are fine, for whatever reason

Sioux: Summit League, and Ron His Horse Farts Thunder's tribe *ed that up. Along with the Board of Higher Education. Ron is out, but the tribe won't change the bylaws to hold another vote (where the first non-binding vote said "yes" to keeping the name, but Ron and his cronies ignored that). The Spirit Lake Tribe approved the keeping of the name.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

eh i used to go there and thats what I always heard, "imagery representing or depicting native americans in a so called deragatory way need to change"

illinois had to change their logo of an indian head but got to keep their name, for whatever reason florida state got to keep theirs
                              I used to go to school there too. They wouldn't be able to host NCAA events with the name and logo or wear the name/logo in NCAA sponsored events (playoffs). There is nothing that says the school HAS to change it's name and logo even though it is commonly misrepresented as that.

The Florida tribe of Seminoles gets a portion of all FSU merchandise sold, IIRC.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I used to go to school there too. They wouldn't be able to host NCAA events with the name and logo or wear the name/logo in NCAA sponsored events (playoffs). There is nothing that says the school HAS to change it's name and logo even though it is commonly misrepresented as that.

The Florida tribe of Seminoles gets a portion of all FSU merchandise sold, IIRC.
                                Yup, the Seminoles have themselves a sweet lil' deal.

To me, on the surface, it seems like the NCAA decided to pick on a school (or schools) that can't afford to fight it, don't bring in the $$$, etc. Leave the rest alone. For appearances only, to make it seem like they care.

Comment

Working...
                                X