Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
    this is a shame, b/c these really are the coolest jerseys in college hockey

*****http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/sports-k_2101_5856930******
    I honestly almost went to UND for this exact reason...just too far from the cities

this is a sad day indeed.....oh well its going to be a fun summer
    "of course its hard, its hockey, if it was easy they would call it basketball"
    SCSU

Comment

the new name should be the old name.

Didn't the Sioux come out in favor of the name recently? I seem to recall a NYT article about that.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
        Some ideas:
        -The University of North Dakota Tree
        -The University of North Dakota Yearly Flood Damage
        -The University of North Dakota Fighting Nuclear Missiles
        -The University of North Dakota Soy Products
        -The University of North Dakota Barren Wasteland

Or, if enough students signed a petition:
        -The University of Sioux North Dakotans
        How about the UND Fighting Grand Forks? The one liners here are obvious.

I know I know...this is no joke. UND has always been the "Fightin Sioux".
        Thank goodness for advanced technology.

Comment

How about "PUCK OFF NCAA"

too forward?
          Arenas Attended
          Matthews Arena
          Agganis Arena
          Tsongas Arena
          Lawler Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Mullins Center
          TD Banknorth Garden
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Alfond Arena
          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            How about the "Fighting Sue" and just pick a random hick chick as a mascot?
            I am sure that is more fitting of a team from Michigan. I am sure you have plenty of crack whores you can pick up at any corner in Detroit.

Comment

I vote for either the aforementioned "Fighting Soo", or just UND with no nickname. Either way we could get a corporate tie-in from the railroad or No-Name Steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by blather View Post
                I vote for either the aforementioned "Fighting Soo", or just UND with no nickname. Either way we could get a corporate tie-in from the railroad or No-Name Steaks.
                But then they'd have to be named the University of North Dakota Fighting (Soo d/b/a) Canadian Pacifics. Which, considering where most of their players come from, this might be even more accurate.
                Last edited by Beer Pong Horn; 04-09-2010, 06:53 PM.
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Dear Sue fans:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun recruiting when your called the Flicker Tails. I can just picture coach Hak explaining to the Canandians who come to town about the long standing traditon of the North Dakota Fighting Flickertails, and selling them on how great it is to pull on the Flickertail jersey....haha... what a great day to be a Gopher fan!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                    what a great day to be a Gopher fan!!!!!!!!!
                    And those are certainly few and far between now.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      And those are certainly few and far between now.
                      You're ignoring the main point! How long until the UND Flickertails ditch the Canandians for {100% Minnesotans]?
                      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

As i'm sure most sioux fans know, I'd say the vast majority of gopher fans want nothing to do with this change.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Someone on the Star Tribune site had an interesting idea. "Fighting Spirit" has a ring to it.

"This does not have to be so hard.....
                          If the Spirit Lake tribe is supportive of the nickname, then simply keep the logo (created by an American Indian artist), change the nickname to the Fighting Spirit, and I think we are done.....

posted by bbfan1234 on Apr 9, 10 at 7:35 pm"

Comment

Originally posted by blather View Post
                            Someone on the Star Tribune site had an interesting idea. "Fighting Spirit" has a ring to it.

"This does not have to be so hard.....
                            If the Spirit Lake tribe is supportive of the nickname, then simply keep the logo (created by an American Indian artist), change the nickname to the Fighting Spirit, and I think we are done.....

posted by bbfan1234 on Apr 9, 10 at 7:35 pm"
                            Somone mentioned that above. Spirit Lakers or Spirit Lake Sioux were suggested and honestly, I don't see what the NCAA could do about it if they approve.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              As i'm sure most sioux fans know, I'd say the vast majority of gopher fans want nothing to do with this change.
                              The vast majority of Gopher fans want nothing to do with RinkPig either...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                The vast majority of Gopher fans want nothing to do with RinkPig either...
                                yeah, I can see why. What a joke.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X