Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Who *are* these guys?" - Your RIT Primer

Originally posted by john g View Post
    This Maine fan will be cheering for RIT!! Good luck in the Frozen Four....hopefully our seats will not be 100 miles from the ice surface!

I would love to add an RIT puck to my puck collection - if anyone out there would like to add a Maine puck to their collection, I would love to swap one with you....I will not be able to get back to Maine before Tuesday morning so please respond to my email address and we can arrange a swap then.

jgabarra@aol.com

Thanks! Go RIT!!!!!
    RIT fans, I have had some responses so I think I am all set with a puck. Thanks and GO RIT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JD Doe View Post
      I had to laugh yesterday morning during one of the local Detroit newscasts where the SPORTS guy called RIT... Rhode Island Technological...

I swear to god that is what he said! I was like, he just did not say that, did he?

I'll be cheering for whichever team brings the biggest and most rowdy crowd.

If not, could be a quiet Saturday night in Ford Field...
      Don't feel bad. The PA Announcer at UMASS-Amherst announced the score after period 1 when SLU played there two seasons ago and said "St. Louis University." I guess the Saints were the Billikens that night.
      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
        After that game, Chris and his buddies were playing an amended form of ping pong
        I believe I'm familiar with this game.

Thanks for the info, good luck to RIT. I'm sure it has been noted elsewhere, but if RIT and Miami win in the semis, RIT will have the opportunity to beat ECAC, Hockey East, WCHA and CCHA teams for the title. That would be something.
        Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
        I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Are you by chance a 16 year old girl?
          Yes I am... why do you want to do me? Trust me, I'd be worth the prison time...

On my way downtown to start the FF weekend of partying... OMG, now if I can just find that fake id of mine.

Best of luck to RIT tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
            I'm sure it has been noted elsewhere, but if RIT and Miami win in the semis, RIT will have the opportunity to beat ECAC, Hockey East, WCHA and CCHA teams for the title.
            We haven't played an ECAC team since the loss to St. Lawrence in October.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Oops, was thinking about Cornell, who lost to UNH. In my despair I have stopped thinking clearly. But by the transitive property they beat Cornell anyway..........just kidding. In any event, beating two WCHA teams wouldn't be bad.
              Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
              I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Unbelievably, they lost in the championship game, at home, to SUNY Plattsburgh, 6-2, the most devastating loss in team history.
                Believably, they lost in the Frozen Four semi final game, in Detroit, to Wisconsin, 8-1, the most devastating loss in team history.

Fixed that for ya.

Just kidding, a little good 'ol fashoned ribbing. I'm looking forward to seeing RIT in the tourney again.
                Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
                  Believably, they lost in the Frozen Four semi final game, in Detroit, to Wisconsin, 8-1, the most devastating loss in team history.

Fixed that for ya.

Just kidding, a little good 'ol fashoned ribbing. I'm looking forward to seeing RIT in the tourney again.
                  As painful as it was, it wasn't a game we were expected to win, so it doesn't really match up.

There's no feeling like losing your first game of the season in the national championship. On home ice. Trust me.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                  X