• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Frozen 4 Lottery open for St. Paul

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-hockey/...031710aaa.html

Opened April 1 and runs until June 1. 2010

Re: 2011 Frozen 4 Lottery open for St. Paul

Did anyone else find the application process too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by bgbill1 View Post
      Did anyone else find the application process too easy?
      Is anyone else concerned that at no time during the application process it confirmed your priority? (or did I do it wrong?) How do you know that it actually credited you for prior years?

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
        Is anyone else concerned that at no time during the application process it confirmed your priority? (or did I do it wrong?) How do you know that it actually credited you for prior years?
        We were wondering that, too- normally get a letter with our priority number in it, so that we've gotten credit for the past. I'll be really mad that we've kept this up just for it to be totally random for the next few years.

Anyone else gotten an e-mail or letter from the NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          We were wondering that, too- normally get a letter with our priority number in it, so that we've gotten credit for the past. I'll be really mad that we've kept this up just for it to be totally random for the next few years.

Anyone else gotten an e-mail or letter from the NCAA?
          I got an email on 3/31 from the NCAA regarding the St. Paul FF

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            I got an email on 3/31 from the NCAA regarding the St. Paul FF
            Did it tell you there would be an enforced restraining order on you and you would no longer be allowed at any NCAA sanctioned events ever again?
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Did it tell you there would be an enforced restraining order on you and you would no longer be allowed at any NCAA sanctioned events ever again?
              No, it told me to make sure I wash my hands after meeting any Vermont fans to prevent the spread of disease. Fortunately, there are never any Vermont fans at the Frozen Four so its moot.

Comment

FYI- I just called the NCAA for the orders, and they are going by applicant name, so make sure that your order is by the person who has done it in the past.

And I'm glad I checked, since it's in Mrs. Alfa's name.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  FYI- I just called the NCAA for the orders, and they are going by applicant name, so make sure that your order is by the person who has done it in the past.

And I'm glad I checked, since it's in Mrs. Alfa's name.
                  Yah, the NCAA is awful picky about that. I'm one less than the highest priority number and it's not because I missed attending a year. It's because my sister ordered our block of 4 tickets one year (the last time it was in Providence). This was before the priority system was established and the NCAA went back retroactively to record who had purchased tickets. Despite the fact they had her on record as having purchased the tickets, they wouldn't bump up my/our priority to the max even though we attended every year and could prove it to them. But it's not worth losing sleep over, so I just make sure I'm the one ordering tickets each year.

Comment

Did not get an email or any alert that tix were now onsale, but went through the NCAA website to put my order in.

While I found the new process a tad clunky, the most disturbing thing was not seeing a priority number or any reference to my prior relationship during the confirmation process. However, once I got confirmation, I called customer service and they confirmed my priority number.

Given the lousy seats they gave many of us "priority" folks in Detroit, they better not only give us tickets, but free food, drinks, and a ride to and from the X.

Comment

Since it is the offseason this thread should be on page 1 as a reminder to those hoping to get in next year. Because of the location tickets should be more difficult than usual to obtain. Does anyone know the recent cut off points for priority numbers to get in on the first phase before the lottery process? Forget Detroit. What was it for Washington or Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Since it is the offseason this thread should be on page 1 as a reminder to those hoping to get in next year. Because of the location tickets should be more difficult than usual to obtain. Does anyone know the recent cut off points for priority numbers to get in on the first phase before the lottery process? Forget Detroit. What was it for Washington or Denver?
                        I have the print out here at work. It states that "From the allotment of tickets available to the general public, approximately half of the tickets will be held for priority ticket applicants (those who have previously purchased tickets, beginning with the 1997 men's Frozen Four in Milwaukee). The remaining tickets will be available through a random selection process, to those applying for the first time."
                        Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Process wasn't too bad this time. I think I'm up to priority 11 now

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            Over the years we've referred to this as the bubble level. The NCAA doesn't release this information. I've ventured educated guesses over the years:

Denver: Level 3 of 11
                            DC: Level 4 of 12
                            Detroit: None; All Applicants in the Public Lottery got tickets

Remember that everyone at levels above the bubble get tickets in the Priority Lottery. Everyone below the bubble is entered in the General Lottery. The cut point comes somewhere within the bubble level.

I know that you're fully familiar with how the lottery works. The last paragraph was for the benefit of newcomers...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              Over the years we've referred to this as the bubble level. The NCAA doesn't release this information. I've ventured educated guesses over the years:

Denver: Level 3 of 11
                              DC: Level 4 of 12
                              Detroit: None; All Applicants in the Public Lottery got tickets

Remember that everyone at levels above the bubble get tickets in the Priority Lottery. Everyone below the bubble is entered in the General Lottery. The cut point comes somewhere within the bubble level.

I know that you're fully familiar with how the lottery works. The last paragraph was for the benefit of newcomers...
                              So is the logical guess that the 'bubble level' will be somewhere around 6 or 7 for St. Paul?

Comment

Working...
                              X