Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD offseason - 2010

Originally posted by DIGDOGS View Post
    I think Asserholt just was homesick and wants to stay put.
    What an Asserholt!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...thought of it the first time I ever saw her unfortunate name, but seeing as she isn't coming back now, well....

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
      Also: what the hell am I going to do with no hockey for several months. Killing me.
      Well, you can talk as much hockey as you want with those of us who at least pretend to know something about it

Comment

Martin is coming back for sure, I am not sure why people keep wondering, but she is.
        I think the concern is that she'll turn 25 at the end of February, just when the playoffs are getting under way. Isn't there an NCAA rule about 25 being the cutoff age for student athletes? That would kind of suck to say she could play the entire regular season and then be benched through the playoffs.

Comment

I am sure UMD has to post the job, but I am also sure they already know who they are hiring in Macteer's place. Most programs do at this point!
          Well, if they're really looking for an assistant coach who can teach forwards how to skate, maybe Blais will be staying in town a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
            I think the concern is that she'll turn 25 at the end of February, just when the playoffs are getting under way. Isn't there an NCAA rule about 25 being the cutoff age for student athletes? That would kind of suck to say she could play the entire regular season and then be benched through the playoffs.
            Yeah- I was hoping for some clarification on that rule. Is it a hard cut off at 25? Or do they allow you to play the whole season if you turn 25 w/i that season?

Comment

There's a cut-off date of some sort for when the athlete turns 25. I recall that Coach Miller said something about Lanzl missing the cut-off by like 10 days (or something). My guess is that Santa must be on the "right" side of it. Someone else will likely have the patience to wade through the NCAA regs . . . not me, not on this one.

Comment

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/h...en.html?pic=13

Just a little off season tid bit for reading.......
                Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

UMD has released their schedule for next season . . . and the only non-conference opponent is UCONN. One of the other highlites is the first opponenet at the new arena will be Wisconsin! Late January of 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                    UMD has released their schedule for next season . . . and the only non-conference opponent is UCONN. One of the other highlites is the first opponenet at the new arena will be Wisconsin! Late January of 2011.
                    Do they plan to add more non conference games later or is there a reason they are not playing more out of the league??
                    The WCHA Dynasty
                    Wisconsin
                    National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                    MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                    National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                    MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                    National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                    MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
                      Do they plan to add more non conference games later or is there a reason they are not playing more out of the league??
                      Here's a link to their website article:

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-wom...5062&page=news

And to the schedule:

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-wom...dule&year=2010

In my quick look over it would appear there's only one "open" weekend in November. Possibly one in December . . . but I'd say it looks like a full slate.

Comment

Just out of curiosity and because I seriously wish it was October, any ideas on how the season ticket thingy is going to work? I'm guessing we'll just pick seats in the old DECC and seats in the new DECC when we renew. It's not real complicated, right? At least we don't have to go through that stupid point system they set up for the men's season ticket holders.

Okay, NOW is it October?

Comment

Just out of curiosity and because I seriously wish it was October, any ideas on how the season ticket thingy is going to work? I'm guessing we'll just pick seats in the old DECC and seats in the new DECC when we renew. It's not real complicated, right? At least we don't have to go through that stupid point system they set up for the men's season ticket holders.

Okay, NOW is it October?
                          Schmoe. You've got 6 months. Better go find your zen. And near as I can tell, the girls are really excited for a break from school to go home and see their friends and family. Sometimes I forget that they are college kids and don't live primarily to give us entertainment. I know, it's shocking.

So here's the skinny on season tickets. You'll get your season tickets as usual, as if nothing has changed. You'll be billed for the whole season as if it were in the old DECC. The ticket office will mail out info to ticket holders about touring the new arena in October (since the seats will be put in) to decide where you want to sit. I imagine there will be something in the process of letting them know your picks. If you end up doing something crazy like getting a box seat, you'll be charged the difference.

Also, since the first game at the new arena will be against Big Red, we're going to have to come up with some Big Plans for super-fanning up the joint. Any ideas?

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure you will have some out of towners joining for the super fanning for that series!!! Other than Wisco fans of course.........

GO BULLDOGS!!!!
                            Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                            2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

Mac becomes head coach at Augsburg.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-wom...5075&page=news

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                                Mac becomes head coach at Augsburg.
                                http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-wom...5075&page=news
                                Thanks, Binny, and congrats to Mac. I talked to her a couple weeks ago about her decision to leave UMD. Told me she wanted a change and that she had applied for the Auggies job. I also thought that was nobody's business but hers.

Mac and have been good friends since her freshman year, and have enjoyed many laughs and beverages together since '99. Going to miss you, Mac, but I'm sure you'll do a great job at Augsburg. Keep entertaining your players with all those Irish stories!!
                                (copied this from the other thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X