Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    What was JP supposed to say before the Maine game? they all knew what it was about, they all knew their season was on the line, nothing he could say 5 minutes before the game could help. Now, if he saw it all week in practice I'd hope he'd try something to shake them up...but at that point you are trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat...if they don't want to put in the effort you can't make them, they are too old to motivate with a gimmick or a story
    Agreed... very well put.

Comment

My understanding of 14 being scratched was due to a defensive blunder against RPI. I don't know of any other suspension issue as Aggannis has mentioned.

Nevertheless, this brings me to another issue I have with JP. There is no question that he is so afraid to lose that he lets the "top" players do whatever they want and get away with it. Mistakes were plentiful in every game, effort was poor, yet discipline was definitely inconsistent. Certain players can do no right and others can do no wrong. A great coach has control of all players. JP clearly does not have that respect. JP's MO is negativity. But by not benching the players that need the discipline the most, it sends the wrong message to the team, kills morale and is just poor coaching. On the flip side, rewarding players who are playing well should be standard operating procedure. This is definitely not a typical JP strategy. If the top players are playing poorly, he shortens the bench and plays them more. In case it's not too obvious, I feel it is time for a change on Comm Ave.

Comment

I thought Jack's statement about benching more guys during the season was interesting. Do you think that would have helped? What if during the season Coach found out that a bunch of guys on the team broke a rule but if he decided to bench them, he would have had to forfeit a game. If that was his way of getting control of the team back, would you have supported that?

Comment

Originally posted by budlite View Post
          In case it's not too obvious, I feel it is time for a change on Comm Ave.
          :facepalm:
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            :facepalm:
            I see you that :facepalm: and raise you a ::headdesk::

Comment

Nevertheless, this brings me to another issue I have with JP. There is no question that he is so afraid to lose that he lets the "top" players do whatever they want and get away with it. .....
              "Boston University captain Brian McGuirk and junior forward Brandon Yip are among four players who have been suspended indefinitely by head coach Jack Parker for violating unspecified team rules.

Seniors Bryan Ewing and Dan McGoff are the other suspended players.

"I'm disappointed that these four chose to break one of our team rules," said Parker in a statement. "This is strictly a team matter.""

BU DeeLight with "people who have selective short term memory for $400, alex"
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                USHR reports that Avon Old Farms defenseman Patrick MacGregor, 6-4, 210 RD, has committed to BU for next fall. Besides playing for AOF's prep school champions (2 assists in the title game vs NMH), he played in the Western Prep fall league http://westernprep-elite.com/players_print.php

Before AOF, a two-time All-State player in Hamden CT.
                Nice. We've had some luck with players from CT recently. Hopefully he can step in and help.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Nevertheless, this brings me to another issue I have with JP. There is no question that he is so afraid to lose that he lets the "top" players do whatever they want and get away with it.
                  Specifics, names, instances.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

IIRC it could have been last year or this year, but didn't Bonino get benched for a game?
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                      IIRC it could have been last year or this year, but didn't Bonino get benched for a game?
                      I think he got benched for the Holy Cross game last year.
                      Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        I think he got benched for the Holy Cross game last year.
                        Yes.

Comment

And I think Jason Lawrence was benched for a game as well?

Comment

Colby got benched once this year, I believe that was it for the "big names."

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              They were confident we'd go right back to the semi's without the work; it could be argued we were less talented the next year but the miserable year brought more focus.

You hear it frequently from good teams, "we started off-season conditioning with a purpose, we wanted to get the bad taste of losing out of our mouth etc"
                              let's hope that this previous season is a nice wake up call for next years team, and we can be more focused for next season... get back to the NCAA's like this team deserves to be in each season
                              Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                              when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                              "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                                let's hope that this previous season is a nice wake up call for next years team, and we can be more focused for next season... get back to the NCAA's like this team deserves to be in each season
                                Dude, no team deserves to be in the NCAAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X