Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure dropping $1200 on a jersey and giving it to a player is an NCAA violation. That being said, what kind of freaky bastard drops a grand on a jersey anyways with the intention of giving it to someone they don't know? My guess is DW has his own already.
    How would you know who knows who? What a dope

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Call it a hunch....

I guess you don't mind putting a kid in a situation where his school could get an NCAA violation because you are a creeper? $1200 down the drain...

Comment

ps- Regarding your rep message = B.S.

Comment

$1200 down the drain...
          Just think of how much money he'll save on candy next hockey season, though. Do you know expensive that stuff is per pound!?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

hokydad, i support your intentions to make DW ineligible. if i had known this was your plan all along, i wouldnt have driven up the price for no reason.
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              hokydad, i support your intentions to make DW ineligible. if i had known this was your plan all along, i wouldnt have driven up the price for no reason.
              Is it a violation if this person already knew DW before college, friends of family, etc.? Because that's the case here. Hokydad is of course the proud parent of a player of the game of Hoky, duh.

Still though, I think the players have some of their own gear, and the jersey is probably not worth over $1000 to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                You didnt drive the price up. $20 is not driving it up

Comment

Originally posted by 13renclan View Post
                  Is it a violation if this person already knew DW before college, friends of family, etc.? Because that's the case here. Hokydad is of course the proud parent of a player of the game of Hoky, duh.
                  It's a violation unless he's family. He'd be giving a substantial gift to an amateur athlete that he wouldn't normally give to a non-student athlete. The value is moot, though as you can't give a student athlete a meal, t-shirt, etc without incurring a violation. A gift worth $1k would be a pretty hefty one, though. I'll go out on a limb here and say he's not family.

Comment

Still though, I think the players have some of their own gear, and the jersey is probably not worth over $1000 to them.
                    Of course you can give someone their jersey, not a violation

Now that I see all this interest though I will keep it and sell it on Ebay when he makes his first all-star team....

That and Paul Kariya's game worn from the Lake Superior title game..... Should have kicked that out after the goal vs NJ in cup finals. Peaked right there

Comment

It's a violation unless he's family. He'd be giving a substantial gift to an amateur athlete that he wouldn't normally give to a non-student athlete. The value is moot, though as you can't give a student athlete a meal, t-shirt, etc without incurring a violation. A gift worth $1k would be a pretty hefty one, though. I'll go out on a limb here and say he's not family.
                      please dont talk about stuff that you have no knowledge of or a clue on.

stick to guessing what jerseys players have and who knows who.

Comment

Of course you can give someone their jersey, not a violation

Now that I see all this interest though I will keep it and sell it on Ebay when he makes his first all-star team....

That and Paul Kariya's game worn from the Lake Superior title game..... Should have kicked that out after the goal vs NJ in cup finals. Peaked right there
                        100% wrong. You may want to check the facts before you do. You PAID for the jersey, therefore you are not merely giving him a jersey. If he doesn't pay for for it, it's a violation. Trust me on this one. Considering you admitted on this thread you paid that much for the intention of giving it to him, it'll be funny to watch when it hits the fan.

Comment

very good point. Jersey has a stated vale of 35 bucks, the rest you geta letter from NHL charities on as a tax deduction. So you see Steve, I didnt pay 1200......

Should have bid higher

Comment

I know this stuff much better than you think. As much as I'd laugh if BU got sanctioned, I wouldn't want to see any player get punished because a jock sniffing drooler "who coached him for 8 years" ignorantly broke the rules.

You can't give a player ANYTHING while he's an amateur. If you're smart, you'll wait until he graduates or leaves. Too bad you're not smart, "coach".

Comment

Okay, here's a simple refresher, Shasher's not far off.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...s-brochure.pdf
                              Last edited by 13renclan; 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Okay, here's a simple refresher, he's not far off.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...s-brochure.pdf
                                I deal with this stuff on a regular basis. He can pout all he wants, but he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X