Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010 Offseason I - The Year after the Year after effect

Clendening has signed with BU, according to an official at USA who contacted the writer after I'd questioned the writer about it.

There had been some earlier confusion between the writer and USA Hockey. Clendening committed in September 2009. The next time he could have signed his LOI was the following November during the early signing period.

FWIW, Clendening's name is in boldface on Chris Heisenberg's site, which is an indication that he's signed an LOI.

The listing of school commitments reflects reported verbal commitments to attend the school. Although verbal commitments are not legally binding until the player signs a binding NCAA Letter of Intent ("LOI"). Players who have signed a LOI are noted in bold. All other listings are of reported verbal commitments.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Clendening has signed with BU, according to an official at USA who contacted the writer after I'd questioned the writer about it.

There had been some earlier confusion between the writer and USA Hockey. Clendening committed in September 2009. The next time he could have signed his LOI was the following November during the early signing period.

FWIW, Clendening's name is in boldface on Chris Heisenberg's site, which is an indication that he's signed an LOI.
      That's... interesting. I had heard otherwise from someone I trust. I hadn't heard the part about him not being able to sign until Nov, but I had heard that he hasn't signed yet. I assume the USA Hockey official knows what he/she is talking about, though. Perhaps the person I talked to was just confused like the writer. Dunno. What I do know is that from everything I've heard and read, Clendening will be here in the fall.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

John McCarthy finished the AHL regular season at 15-27= 42, plus/minus of +36. Nice for a guy who was 4th line for 3 seasons. Do you think Bonino missed Yip and him this past season?
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          That's... interesting. I had heard otherwise from someone I trust. I hadn't heard the part about him not being able to sign until Nov, but I had heard that he hasn't signed yet. I assume the USA Hockey official knows what he/she is talking about, though. Perhaps the person I talked to was just confused like the writer. Dunno. What I do know is that from everything I've heard and read, Clendening will be here in the fall.
          That is assuming he is not using the BU angle to get a better deal with Major Junior. Tough to completely trust a player who bailed out (or was pushed out) on another D1 School (BC). Perhaps we will know for sure when he shows up for school and checks into dorm. Until then cross your fingers and hope....

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            John McCarthy finished the AHL regular season at 15-27= 42, plus/minus of +36. Nice for a guy who was 4th line for 3 seasons. Do you think Bonino missed Yip and him this past season?
            Not sure this will be a popular opinion, but IMO out of all the losses last year John's was the least significant. First he was simply a defensive forward (he was on the 2nd PP unit all year and had 0 PP goals, and only 6 goals total) and about the only thing this year's team had an abundance of was defensive forwards, sure we needed a 5th center once #10 was injured, but really who else would you not take over him? And I don't think him being part of 08-09 leadership core is a vital factor either, since he was the good cop, something this year's team appeared to have plenty of in leadership positions already. Sure he worked hard and I loved watching him and would never refuse his services if offered to my team, I just don't believe he was the missing cog this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              Not sure this will be a popular opinion, but IMO out of all the losses last year John's was the least significant.
              Steve Smolinsky says hi.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Steve Smolinsky says hi.
                I said of the losses

Comment

Just how good is this kid?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Just how good is this kid?
                    Not sure if this is directed at me, but I don't have any more insight than anyone else here. All I've seen of him is the one game he played at Agganis that many others here also saw. From what I understand, he's offensive-minded, a good puck-handler and a good passer. I also know that he was considered one of the top defensemen for the U-18 team this year and that he was recruited by other top programs like BC as well as a bunch of OHL teams. I think he has to be considered a top-tier recruit, or at least very close to it.

Comment

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I don't have any more insight than anyone else here. All I've seen of him is the one game he played at Agganis that many others here also saw. From what I understand, he's offensive-minded, a good puck-handler and a good passer. I also know that he was considered one of the top defensemen for the U-18 team this year and that he was recruited by other top programs like BC as well as a bunch of OHL teams. I think he has to be considered a top-tier recruit, or at least very close to it.
                      Thanks,... I like most I guess know only what I saw of him at the exibition game last year. Any insight on the BC "commit / uncommit" thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Thanks,... I like most I guess know only what I saw of him at the exibition game last year. Any insight on the BC "commit / uncommit" thing?
                        I got nothing. Rogie?

Comment

Congrats to BC.

Men, it's time to get back to work.

Comment

Courtesy of USHR back when Clendening committed to BU:

-- Clendening, a 5’11”, 187 lb. right shot, is an excellent puck moving defenseman who sees the ice very well. He originally committed to Boston College last season, but was still interested enough in the OHL route that the BC staff backed off, figuring they would be better off putting their efforts into defensemen they felt certain would show up at the Heights.

Somewhere along the line, though, Clendening decided to get back into the NCAA picture, and Boston University has been recruiting him for some time.

However, the BU staff believes there is a slim chance that Clendening, from Niagara Falls, NY, might still go major junior. They are only certain of one thing: If Clendening follows through and plays college hockey, it will be for the Terriers. As with so many – too many -- college recruits these days, they may have to keep on recruiting him until September 2010.

Comment

It was really, really tough to watch BC not only win the national championship, but do so while annihilating a good Wisconsin team :/
                              Onto next season...

Go BU.

Comment

FWIW, CollegeHockey247's list of the top 50 recruits for 2010 had Nieto at #3, Coyle #15, Clendening #22 and Gill #39.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X