I will say this, if we didn't have Jerry York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say this, if we didn't have Jerry York

I'd love to have Enrico Blasi. Really a great hockey coach.

Re: I will say this, if we didn't have Jerry York

Originally posted by BCMike22 View Post
    I'd love to have Enrico Blasi. Really a great hockey coach.
    Except when he didn't call a timeout when BU made it 3-2 last year. There wasn't one person in the rink (except BU fans ) who didn't feel he HAD to take a tmeout them.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Jerry's getting old, old, old....better start looking.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Jerry's getting old, old, old....better start looking.
        Haha...I think he's got probably another 7-10 left in him...I hope at least!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Except when he didn't call a timeout when BU made it 3-2 last year. There wasn't one person in the rink (except BU fans ) who didn't feel he HAD to take a tmeout them.
          He was too busy swearing (FU*****ING isert ref name here) at the refs!

Comment

There certainly are some good young coaches out there. Blasi and Sneddon impress me. Not a fan of Sneddon's system, though.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If you didn't have Jerry York you probably wouldn't be starting almost as many posts to begin your career as VermontDAD!
              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I wonder how much of his success has been the new Goggin center. If you look at his first six years, he was mediocre, with one good season (23-14-4). In 2004 they broke ground on the Goggin, and since 2005-2006 they haven't been worse than ten games over .500.

I don't know the reason for the sudden jump in performance. It could be the arena itself, it could be a larger University commitment to hockey of which the new arena was just the most visible symptom, or it could be Rico.

What is impressive about York is that he achieves so much success in an aging arena, on a campus where hockey is 3rd fiddle.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                  What is impressive about York is that he achieves so much success in an aging arena, on a campus where hockey is 3rd fiddle.
                  Conte Forum was built in the late 80s, correct? So it's a little over 20 years old. Is that "aging" now? I am getting old.

Comment

I will gladly take Jerry York off your hands if you want Blasi.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      I wonder how much of his success has been the new Goggin center. If you look at his first six years, he was mediocre, with one good season (23-14-4). In 2004 they broke ground on the Goggin, and since 2005-2006 they haven't been worse than ten games over .500.

I don't know the reason for the sudden jump in performance. It could be the arena itself, it could be a larger University commitment to hockey of which the new arena was just the most visible symptom, or it could be Rico.

It was building over time, but in watching the progress, I've noticed that Rico has gotten demonstrably better as an X's and O's guy (timeout notwithstanding). Remember, he was 27 years old when he got the job. That said, he's still friggin young compared to the most successful guys - Berenson, York, Parker, Gwoz, Comley, etc.

Like the program, Rico's gotten better and it's a chicken/egg kind of thing.
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        If you didn't have Jerry York you probably wouldn't be starting almost as many posts to begin your career as VermontDAD!
                        Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          I will gladly take Jerry York off your hands if you want Blasi.
                          Haha, I am very happy with York. Just saying that Miami's got a good one in Blasi.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            It was building over time, but in watching the progress, I've noticed that Rico has gotten demonstrably better as an X's and O's guy (timeout notwithstanding). Remember, he was 27 years old when he got the job. That said, he's still friggin young compared to the most successful guys - Berenson, York, Parker, Gwoz, Comley, etc.

Like the program, Rico's gotten better and it's a chicken/egg kind of thing.
                            Interesting parallels

Jerry got the Clarkson head coach job in 1972-73 when he was 27. 4 years later he has the #1 team in the nation. He can recruit and he can teach. Plus he wasn't that bad a tennis coach either!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                              Conte Forum was built in the late 80s, correct? So it's a little over 20 years old. Is that "aging" now? I am getting old.
                              On a tangent......

Conte Forum was constructed as a basketball arena first...hockey second.

In my mind, the administration made a mistake in accepting that design. In 20 years, BC basketball has pretty much sunk to mediocrity. Hockey, on the other hand, has done very well.

At least on our end of Commonwealth Ave, there was no debate about which sport was more important at Agganis Arena. Its a hockey venue....pure and simple.
                              Thank goodness for advanced technology.

Comment

Working...
                              X