Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I will say this, if we didn't have Jerry York

Originally posted by champ97 View Post
    York has built a program from the ashes of Cedorcuk, Skinner has had a few nice teams. York now has one of the three best programs in the country, NoDak is one, not sure who the other is, maybe Michegan.
    too modest. bc is far and away the best right now (last decade+). the other two are in the high 2nd tier.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
      In football our SoS is damaging to a trip to a BCS bowl; losing Obie hurt the program.
      Pass the bong over here.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Pass the bong over here.
        No kidding. But hey, if you like TOB, we have TOB Jr. running the ship now, so another decade of 8-4 is on its way. Ever to Excel!
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          No kidding. But hey, if you like TOB, we have TOB Jr. running the ship now, so another decade of 8-4 is on its way. Ever to Excel!
          No bong here, fellas. Seriously, if the football program is to really compete for a BCS bowl... then we need to drop the cupcakes like Central Michigan, Buffalo, Bowling Green, Northeastern, Kent State, U-Mass Amherst from the schedule and take one more challenging non-league games that will bolster the SoS. Heck, even with those cupcake wins a few years ago we were 7-0 and placed #2 in the country until we were beat by a formidable ACC team, and went from #2 to #19 over a period of 1 day!

IMO, Obie was a great recruiter, and great strategy coach; Jag played Obie's system/players. Spazieni is a train wreck, a BC Loyalist who will do whatever Father M wants. For the sake of BC I will say that I am glad Obie has not had the success at NCST that he had at BC.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

I believe it's "TOB with a mustache."

eaglekeeper is that you?
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
              No bong here, fellas. Seriously, if the football program is to really compete for a BCS bowl... then we need to drop the cupcakes like Central Michigan, Buffalo, Bowling Green, Northeastern, Kent State, U-Mass Amherst from the schedule and take one more challenging non-league games that will bolster the SoS. Heck, even with those cupcake wins a few years ago we were 7-0 and placed #2 in the country until we were beat by a formidable ACC team, and went from #2 to #19 over a period of 1 day!

IMO, Obie was a great recruiter, and great strategy coach; Jag played Obie's system/players. Spazieni is a train wreck, a BC Loyalist who will do whatever Father M wants. For the sake of BC I will say that I am glad Obie has not had the success at NCST that he had at BC.
              very well said.... i completely agree with you on all of it
              NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
              HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
              BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                too modest. bc is far and away the best right now (last decade+). the other two are in the high 2nd tier.
                Nothing like a little woofing among like minded BC fans......

Comment

Except mookie is a BU fan. And I doubt he's sandbagging. (and I would probably agree with him).

Regarding Jerry York. He is overrated. I want to have Dick Umile as our coach. He has orchestrated 7 regular season titles at UNH. Imagine what he could do at a school like BC - you might not see another team win the RS title again and he'd probably win a lot of Beanpots given his amazing success before March rolls around too! No one remembers who wins these silly little 4 game tournaments in March. It's all about the regular season and the amazing journey that Umile brings us on.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Papagiorgio;4737500]Except mookie is a BU fan. And I doubt he's sandbagging. (and I would probably agree with him).

My contention is that there are numerous teams that have won similar title numbers as BC in the last ten years, including Denver, Minnesota, and by the weekend....possibly Wisconsin. Suggesting that BC is "far and away the best" over the last ten + years based, I suspect, on final four appearances, many of which have been through venues within a stones throw of Boston, not to mention BC's struggles to win the title when getting there, is quite a stretch.
                    We think highly of York and the BC program in the west, but no more than the top three or four WCHA programs over that same time span.

Comment

[QUOTE=skeptic;4737702]
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Except mookie is a BU fan. And I doubt he's sandbagging. (and I would probably agree with him).

My contention is that there are numerous teams that have won similar title numbers as BC in the last ten years, including Denver, Minnesota, and by the weekend....possibly Wisconsin. Suggesting that BC is "far and away the best" over the last ten + years based, I suspect, on final four appearances, many of which have been through venues within a stones throw of Boston, not to mention BC's struggles to win the title when getting there, is quite a stretch.
                      We think highly of York and the BC program in the west, but no more than the top three or four WCHA programs over that same time span.
                      No... your contention was that it was BC fans chest-thumping... when the comment came from a fan of BC's biggest rival.

BC, Denver and Minnesota each have 2 titles since 2000; BC dwarfs the other two in FF appearances and also has won something like 7 out of the last 13 conference championships. Spin it any way you want, that puts BC ahead of Denver and Minnesota (with all due respect to those two great programs, which are probably my favorite teams in the west).
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                        many of which have been through venues within a stones throw of Boston,
                        What does that have to do with anything? First, some teams host regionals in their own freakin building out west. Second, BC teams that have been sent went in the York era (1999, and 2000) got plopped right in the bracket of death with the best team in the tournament (North Dakota/Wisconsin) and promptly smacked both teams in the *** on the way back to the Frozen Four. So really, you look like a buffoon for saying that. It doesn't really seem to matter where or who BC plays in the NCAAs since York got this machine rolling. Top teams, bottom teams, out west, or east. BC routinely gets it done.

While some teams have as many national titles, compare BC with everyone else across all of the postseason accomplishments and BC is above all of them. Postseason record, title game appearances, Frozen Fours, league tournament trophies, etc. This run that BC is on since 1998 is ridiculous. It is tough to argue.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post

minnesota is a wonderful example. their 2003 title was won in st paul; and their 2002 regional was won on campus. brilliant.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            their 2003 title was won in st paul
                            That was one hell of a home ice advantage, I might add. (it was 2002, btw)
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

oh yeah, i flipped the years. and it was the 2003 regional that was on campus.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

We're still waiting for Jerry to utter a curse word.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X