Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ford Field Rink Installation

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well, I won't be there this weekend. I'm not in favor of the whole football stadium thing and thought I'd rather save my money this year. I'm hopefully going to need the money to buy a house very soon.
    You know, you could go to Detroit with $100 and get a good ticket to the game while still having enough left over to buy a house there.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I sure hope the ice is fast, I want to see some skating and speed, not dump and chase because the ice is slow. This is a pretty big risk doing this indoors so late in the spring.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
        You know, you could go to Detroit with $100 and get a good ticket to the game while still having enough left over to buy a house there.
        They are knocking those down to create urban farmland...wanna grow some corn?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          They are knocking those down to create urban farmland...wanna grow some corn?
          I don't know if it's Detroit where this is happening or not, but some community in Michigan is actually 'relinquishing' entire neighborhoods because they can't fund the services & infrastructure they require. It reminds me of the old Mikey LIFE commercial: "I don't want this neighborhood...YOU take it!"
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I sure hope the ice is fast, I want to see some skating and speed, not dump and chase because the ice is slow. This is a pretty big risk doing this indoors so late in the spring.
            hasn't the NCAA championship always been indoors in the spring??
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              hasn't the NCAA championship always been indoors in the spring??
              Call me crazy, but I think he meant putting up a temporary ice surface in a football stadium.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                Call me crazy, but I think he meant putting up a temporary ice surface in a football stadium.
                And, when you do it in the spring, it's harder to keep the inside temperature low enough at Ford Field when it's 75 degrees outside. Luckily, some storms rolled through last night and the temperatures have come down quite a bit today, so the outside temperature will help keep it cooler inside.
                MSU Spartans: 1966-1986-2007 National Champions

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But...if it's real, you'll feel it."

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanBoy81 View Post
                  And, when you do it in the spring, it's harder to keep the inside temperature low enough at Ford Field when it's 75 degrees outside. Luckily, some storms rolled through last night and the temperatures have come down quite a bit today, so the outside temperature will help keep it cooler inside.
                  The quote and article posted earlier said that the ice was too hard, which means too cold, not too warm.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The quote and article posted earlier said that the ice was too hard, which means too cold, not too warm.
                    Probably overcompensating because the idea sucks.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yeah, it was really two problems. One, the moisture in the air outside was creeping in and causing the ice to be a little chippy. In addition to that, because of three or four straight days in the mid-70's, they were worried about being able to keep the ice and building cold enough, so I think they overcompensated yesterday. I'm sure the colder weather outside will help them because they won't have to worry as much about the building getting too warm and they can have the ice at a slightly warmer temperature.

All of that being said, I'd rather have the ice too hard than have the teams playing on a sloppy, warm ice surface.
                      MSU Spartans: 1966-1986-2007 National Champions

"If it looks good, you'll see it. If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. But...if it's real, you'll feel it."

Comment

This is a really stupid conversation to have to have THE DAY OF THE NATIONAL SEMIFINAL! There is no reason that there should be concerns about ice quality this close to the most important games of the year. Hopefully the NCAA figures out how stupid they are for trying to turn this into a spectacle, but that is doubtful, since the NCAA is ****ing ********.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is a really stupid conversation to have to have THE DAY OF THE NATIONAL SEMIFINAL! There is no reason that there should be concerns about ice quality this close to the most important games of the year. Hopefully the NCAA figures out how stupid they are for trying to turn this into a spectacle, but that is doubtful, since the NCAA is ****ing ********.
                          I am 99% certain the ice will be perfect come game time. Even in NHL arenas weather plays a factor at this time of year. Joe Louis Arena is widely considered as having the best ice in the league, but even they bring in extra air conditioning units and battle the elements starting in April. Everything will work out just fine come game time. We're talking about a controlled environment being operated by the best ice people in the business.
                          MICHIGAN STATE
                          1966:1986:2007

Comment

You also have to remember that they're predicting here, too - they need to get the air temp and humidity just right with 30,000+ fans in the building. It may well be too cold and chippy in an empty stadium, but 30,000 people put off a lot of heat and can change things pretty fast.
                            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Leave it to the ratards that comprise the NCAA to come up with this abortion of an idea.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Right, like we've NEVER had ice issues before for a semifinal. Never had any melting or ANYTHING like that. And all NHL rinks are perfect...

Can't wait until next year and we can complain about the crappy ice at the X, and how shallow the lower bowl is- and I recall that it was pretty poor when we were there the last time. But since it's a dedicated NHL rink, all is perfect no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X