Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Post Your Ticket Location & Priority Number: 2010 Ford Field FF

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    I don't blame you a bit. My personal result? Worst. Seats. Ever.

Making the best of a bad situation, our group kept moving around. In all, we observed game action from six separate locations. That was reasonably fun, and the experience will certainly provide some material for my Summary.

Anyhow, when the time is right, please post your views. I expect to thoroughly enjoy your take, and to empathize 100%.
    The seats were fine if you'd like to stare at Rico Blasi's *** for 3 hours. I couldn't believe it when we got there - did they not know hockey players often stand on the bench? Even for the brief periods when they were sitting, we couldn't see anything on the near side, and what we could see was at an odd angle. The grade was so flat that you couldn't sit directly behind other fans, either. The Miami fans that seat hopped to stand behind their bench in the second game did not help, and I seriously doubt they could even see when standing. Not a fan of trying to find empty seats elsewhere when people tend to show up at random times during each game.

For the first game, we moved around so we could see Wisconsin's offensive zone each period, then watched the rest on the video screen. The second game we stayed put and watched on the screen when needed. On Saturday, the nice lady wandering around the section with stacks of tickets moved us to section 130, where we could actually see the ice, albeit much further away.

Comment

Whom do I call to complain?

Good view, or no good view?

Everyone: After you get home from Detroit, please take a moment to comment on your sightline. Rate the quality of your vantage point. Given its position on the seating chart, was your view better than expected? Worse than expected?
      Sorry to be late on this post, but I didn't think I should include myself in this thread.

Why? 'Cause from my seat there was no sightline.

I shoulda just bought one ticket, kept my priority intact, and then gone out and bought the $40 seats. The savings alone woulda paid for fronting a lotta the money I just shelled out for the 2011 pre-order.

Comment

Priority 2 (Denver, DC) Bought one 119 dollar ticket. Had people with 0 priority in the row in front of me! Huzzah!

Section 203, Row 2.

Only sat there for the first game on Thursday.

The distance from the ice even from row 2 was more akin to sitting near the last row of the upper bowl in an end. I could see almost all the ice. But I felt so far away from the ice and didn't like it.

So I moved to my wife's section where she was sitting with her family: they had 241 Row 3, upper level blue line.
        Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Good view, or no good view? That is THE question. Especially this year.

Sec 203, row 1......very comfortable club seat, unfortunately it faced behind the player benches so we had to twist to our right to look at center ice. Could not see the closest 10-11 feet of ice behind the near goalie and because of the distance anything happening in front of the far goalie had to be watched on the jumbotron.

I was expecting low angles (that's why I opted for the club level) and knew the distance to the ice was going to be greater....but both were worse than I thought they were going to be. After hearing/reading complaints from the lower bowl, I guess we had a better view than some but it definately didn't qualify as a good view hockeywise.

Comment

Originally posted by mcboozle View Post
            Sec 203, row 1......very comfortable club seat, unfortunately it faced behind the player benches so we had to twist to our right to look at center ice. Could not see the closest 10-11 feet of ice behind the near goalie and because of the distance anything happening in front of the far goalie had to be watched on the jumbotron.

I was expecting low angles (that's why I opted for the club level) and knew the distance to the ice was going to be greater....but both were worse than I thought they were going to be. After hearing/reading complaints from the lower bowl, I guess we had a better view than some but it definately didn't qualify as a good view hockeywise.
            Hah, we were in the same row. I was in the middle of the section so I didn't have to strain my neck that much. Wait, were you one of the MN people?

Comment

We had priority 10 - section 138 row 26 - not bad considering the venue problems. We had pretty good sight lines but regardless of the noise from the crowd, the place seemed empty - cavernous - really bad idea to have the tourney there. The band location was terrible also. We heard on ESPN the announcers saying what a great venue and event it was - what BS. I felt really bad for the people in the lower seats as their sight lines were terrible.

Lets hope they stop with this attendance record stuff and put hockey back where it belongs - in a hockey arena. Detroit itself was a nice surprise - good bars and restaurants - and all those drunken baseball fans - wow - they made us look downright respectful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                Hah, we were in the same row. I was in the middle of the section so I didn't have to strain my neck that much. Wait, were you one of the MN people?

Yep, my wife & I were in seats 1&2. I'm guessing you're the BU fan that we chatted with? I was going to ask you Sat night if you were on USCHO, but when I didn't see you I thought you might have gone down and joined the Badger crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by mcboozle View Post
                  Yep, my wife & I were in seats 1&2. I'm guessing you're the BU fan that we chatted with? I was going to ask you Sat night if you were on USCHO, but when I didn't see you I thought you might have gone down and joined the Badger crowd.
                  Yep, I was the BU fan sitting in that row. Hah, I went to sit with my wife b/c they had plenty of seats available over in their section. Couldn't convince my wife to come over to sit in my empty row.

Their seats were better.

You should have moved a row back and into the middle, might have cured some of the angle issue.

Comment

Sec 137, row 30. Dead center ice behind the benches. As good a sight line as was available. Still a bit away from the ice, but my seats at Conte spoil me.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      The seats were fine if you'd like to stare at Rico Blasi's *** for 3 hours. I couldn't believe it when we got there - did they not know hockey players often stand on the bench? Even for the brief periods when they were sitting, we couldn't see anything on the near side, and what we could see was at an odd angle. The grade was so flat that you couldn't sit directly behind other fans, either. The Miami fans that seat hopped to stand behind their bench in the second game did not help, and I seriously doubt they could even see when standing.
                      I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Well put.

Not a fan of trying to find empty seats elsewhere when people tend to show up at random times during each game.
                      Understood. I embraced the strategy with eye toward writing my Summary -- trying to make a good thing out of a bad thing. I'd allow that my buddies were a bit distressed by the all the moving around.

More to the point, no one should have to do this, much less someone with high priority.

For the first game, we moved around so we could see Wisconsin's offensive zone each period, then watched the rest on the video screen. The second game we stayed put and watched on the screen when needed. On Saturday, the nice lady wandering around the section with stacks of tickets moved us to section 130, where we could actually see the ice, albeit much further away.
                      While not a fully adequate response, at least the staff recognized the problem and attempted to make partial amends.

More commentary to come.

Comment

Re: Whom do I call to complain?

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                        Sorry to be late on this post, but I didn't think I should include myself in this thread.

Why? 'Cause from my seat there was no sightline.

As a preliminary matter, you're not late. The story is being told in bits and pieces on multiple threads, all over the board. In recent years, therefore, I've made it point to wait about a week before doing the Summary. So your reply is more than on time.

As for the view, you're not exaggerating. I stopped by your assigned location, and the seats were unusuable. Mine too.

I shoulda just bought one ticket, kept my priority intact, and then gone out and bought the $40 seats. The savings alone woulda paid for fronting a lotta the money I just shelled out for the 2011 pre-order.

True, though unknowable in advance.

Everyone: Thanks to all for the reports. Keep 'em coming. If you post by this weekend, I'll take your information and opinions into account.

Comment

Priority 6 - Section 129, Row 17. Top ticket price.

View - Just OK, which sounds like I got lucky compared to many people. We were in the corner on the riser side, near the net that BC defended for two periods. We couldn't see much of anything behind the net, and play along the side boards near the risers wasn't great because of seating angle. Knowing what I was heading into, this was about the quality which I expected. However, we did have two scouts in front of us (one from Anaheim, not sure of the other, but he had a massive Stanley Cup ring on his hand), and one extremely drunk, boisterous and belligerent BC fan over a few seats and one row up (who got kicked out and possibly arrested about 7 minutes into the game), so we certainly had stuff to talk about at our seats!

One other thing: As I was going up and down the aisle, it looked like I would have been better off about fifteen rows farther back.
                          Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Sorry so late. Priority 10, I believe. Sec. 139 Row 22 (4 seats). Not as disappointed as other people on this thread. Frankly, my seats last year in DC were worse from my personal perspective. Detroit put on a decent show. even though I was for BC, I had a blast at Cheli's w/ the Wisconsin fans before the final. Throw in a Red wings game Wed. night and Tigers Saturday afternoon, we had a great time. I do agree, bring it back always to the hockey rinks.

Comment

So after watching the rest of Thursday from the hotel I ventured back in Saturday and sat in Section 106, which was behind the goal about three sections to the right of the ice surface and would be about the 45 yard line for a football game. The view wasn't bad, but there was a non-stop parade of fans up-and-down the stairs. So much for waiting for a whistle. Ironically we watched ushers on the floor hold people waiting to enter the risers.

After a short time we moved across the aisle to section 105. It was a decent view although the seats faced the risers, not the ice. My neck was twisted left for ahwile after the game. It was a better view than my RS2 row 20 seats. The RS2 seats cost me $189. The people sitting around me in 105 said they paid $58 (which I'm not sure if it was a two game package or just for the championship game).

I thought the organizing committee did a terrific job otherwise.

Comment

Priority 7, Section 104, Row 13, Seats 1 & 2. Top ticket price

Being in row 13 I would have expected to be closer than 50 feet from the ice (maybe it was further, we were a LONG way back for row 13). We were unable to see about 1/5th of the ice due to our seats being about 10 feet to the right of the actual rink so everything along the right side (penalty box) of the rink meant we needed to look up at the Jumbotron, the further away the play moved the less of the ice we were able to see. Seemless glass would have made some difference but sitting that far to the "outside" of the rink made it pretty much impossible to see. Given that I was in the X for the Regional two weeks prior this venue was terrible.....

The Tigers game was great and I e-mailed the Twins today telling them to lobby MLB to have a home series April 7th-9th next year so the Frozen Four fans can check out the new stadium. I don't actually expect to hear from them but it was worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X